Overhaulin my E34 525I M50

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Randy

Club Guest
I have just decided to do a complete engine overhaul my e34.Decided to resore the car to it's original as new as possible condition. my car is already in a very good condition to start off. The following parts are being changed to" Brand New Parts"None is secondhand. Brake DiscOxygen SensorKnock SensorCam SensorCankshaft SensorWater PumpFuel PumpOil PumpOil Pump ChainOil Pump SprocketAll Water hosesIntake Valve and Exhaust Valve and all springs and colletsPiston BearingsTiming ChainVanos ChainVanos RailRadiatorOil Pump SprocketTappetsAll Chain TensionerOil Level SensorCoolant SensorTemperature SensorConrod BearingCrankshaft BearingAll GasketsAlternatorStarterand etc All parts are supplied by myself to the workshop Car is in progress being overhauling and awaiting some parts which ihas not stock in Malaysia and Singapore at the moment i.e Oil Pump. Once this is done, then the next immiediate project is: Change the aircon compressor and coooling coil and all related parts to new.Overhaul the gearboxThen the body work- repaint and change lights and windscreen and then the interior. Once this done, my car will probably be one of the best condition e34 525i here. cost- parts alone is about 13k at this point, dont ask where it is done until the whole project is completed

wow...like sending the car to the Overhauling program...good luck...i'm pretty sure your car will be one of the best conditioned car on the road...cheers

....u sure really love this car right? If i may ask....why or what REALLY makes u do this? i mean u could have thought some other options like change to another m50b25 engine, change to 3.0l or 4.0l or something else.

....anyway agree wiith kevster30. This would be more thrilling with some pics. Good luck.

i wish i will have a M1, then i will buy all new part to overhaul it.... then my dream M1 will the best condition around the world!!! but it just wish... haihzzz wakakaka

well..., maybe you can post pictures of bags or boxes of brand new parts that you bought, let us admire untill slaver drops...:42:

Your E34 is so lucky to have such a loving owner...:8:

wan520i;469414 said:
well..., maybe you can post pictures of bags or boxes of brand new parts that you bought, let us admire untill slaver drops...:42:

Your E34 is so lucky to have such a loving owner...:8:

Wow ,this brother pocket very very deep

bluepanther;469310 said:
....u sure really love this car right? If i may ask....why or what REALLY makes u do this? i mean u could have thought some other options like change to another m50b25 engine, change to 3.0l or 4.0l or something else.

....anyway agree wiith kevster30. This would be more thrilling with some pics. Good luck.
probably because he insists on only using brand new parts. getting a brand new stroker kit will definitely add quite a big dent bit to his budget. perhaps his plan is to get his car as near possible to the condition it left factory and not what they do on the foose overhaulin show.

Car is awaiting some parts which is being imported from germany which you cannot find stock in Singapore or Malaysia.i.e Oil Pump and Timing and Oil Pump Chains and vanos washer plates

Decided to change the injectors too and bought the whole new set of Bosch. These are expensive.

Since the engine will be totally stripped, why not take the opportunity to build a 3 liter stroker? After this much work, doubt you'll want to do open the engine anytime soon. Your car won't be 'original' anymore or much faster but it'll be much nicer to drive.

You obviously don't mind importing and the wait. Get a set of used US S50 crank, cams, conrods, pistons and run the m3 chip; all original bmw parts. Those will not be worse off than whats currently in your engine unless you're also purchasing brand new M50 crank/cams/rods/pistons for your build. If anything, the crank and rods from the S50 is most likely stronger. If you're worried about their condition you can always have them checked out by the machine shop since you'd probably get the crank and cams polished anyways before the install. Also, I'd recommend getting the dr vanos stage II vanos kit and the upgrade kit with rem polished thrust washers. Chris is an excellent person to deal with.
http://www.drvanos.com/

Might as well get the body work done whilst the engine is out particularly if you're planning to change colour. Unless you intend on keeping the original factory colour too.

Top Bottom