Ordering original key from HQ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jsng

Club Guest
Hi guys ..Need some advise from sifus here ...The previous owner has lost the spare keys and all i had is one single master key and i would like to know on how i can get a spare key for this.I did hear from frens that i will have to request this from BMW HQ as they did keep some spare keys. So do you think if you can help to advise on the procedure to request for this? Just drop by the BMW HQ with my car registration card and request for this? or go through the dealers? How much will they charge for such procedure?Thanks and looking forward to hear from you all ..Regards,JS

bro.a fren of mine made a duplicate @ auto bav.he did not buy the car from them.it does not matter.bring yr car reg card for ownership verification and they did it for him....for RM 800/- a piece.that was 3 years ago.last i heard they don't do e39 keys anymore.call them to confirm.

tweiboon;740652 said:
Why not u looking for me ?What frequency of your key ,315mhz or 433mhz ?

Because you are not registered as a Club vendor.

Herbert;740670 said:
Because you are not registered as a Club vendor.

Ya woh...........i only do it if recommend by our members......................hahahahahaha

tweiboon;740701 said:
Ya woh...........i only do it if recommend by our members......................hahahahahaha

I will recommend you if you become one of the club vendor..:cool:

Erm.. May I suggest committee to try out, interview or conduct whatever due diligence that is necessary before recommending a vendor's service because as committee of the Club, duty to sieve out unscrupulous vendor to prevent members from entering into a fraudulent transaction is necessary, to your best effort of course. Vice versa, unscrupulous members also must be acted upon.

End of the day.. of course, it's still Caveat Emptor la.

Just my 2 sen..

Thanks bro ..
Do you know the contact?
Its doesnt seems cheap to order a key ... hahhhhaa .. but i think its not easy to duplicate the fully functional key, right?

moots;740649 said:
bro.a fren of mine made a duplicate @ auto bav.he did not buy the car from them.it does not matter.bring yr car reg card for ownership verification and they did it for him....for RM 800/- a piece.that was 3 years ago.last i heard they don't do e39 keys anymore.call them to confirm.

Hi Tweiboon ..
I am not sure about the key frequency .. how to check?
BTW ... didnt the E39 key comes with some special electronic chip embedded in the key? something like the immobilizer thingy? are u saying that u can dup a key which can be fully functional? If yes, how much is it ?

tweiboon;740652 said:
Why not u looking for me ?What frequency of your key ,315mhz or 433mhz ?

astroboy;740742 said:
Erm.. May I suggest committee to try out, interview or conduct whatever due diligence that is necessary before recommending a vendor's service because as committee of the Club, duty to sieve out unscrupulous vendor to prevent members from entering into a fraudulent transaction is necessary, to your best effort of course. Vice versa, unscrupulous members also must be acted upon.

End of the day.. of course, it's still Caveat Emptor la.

Just my 2 sen..

Astroboy,

Thanks for putting forward your suggestion. Procedures and vetting processes were already put in place prior to the introduction / opening of the Vendor zone. There is no application form for Club vendor per se. Instead applicant (club vendor) is to write and provide us with information of their company, nature of business, etc etc and the Committee will do the relevant vetting and approval process.

jsng;740757 said:
Hi Tweiboon ..
I am not sure about the key frequency .. how to check?
BTW ... didnt the E39 key comes with some special electronic chip embedded in the key? something like the immobilizer thingy? are u saying that u can dup a key which can be fully functional? If yes, how much is it ?

If your key is diamond shape then you can see at the back of the key which will stated 315 or 433.
If your key is not diamond shape then pls refer to this www.realoem.com -->http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DM42&mospid=47539&btnr=41_1089&hg=41&fg=50

After that you will know your frequency.

Yes, i can really dup a key. But there are China key and BMW original key. China key not 100% can be fully functional, only original key can be fully functional. The different between China key and Original key is China key may not able to open and close the power windows.

BMW key really embedded a transponder which is call start engine chips in order for you to start your engine. Immobilizer actually is the EWS module which located under the dashboard which you can see it after open the small drawer near the steering. For this transponder embedded in the key is for the newer model. Old model like e30 it dosent has this chips.

Thanks bro ..
Confirmed its a diamond shape key and it stated 315 at the back.
When u say the china key is not fully functioning, will it be able to:
- Start the Engine
- Remote Lock and Unlock the car
- Remote open the trunk
- Trigger the alarm

Or the only issue is it will not be able to open and close the power window? btw how does it work? are u saying that if we use this china key to start the car, we will not be able to open and close the power window?

As for the transponder to start the engine, did the china key comes with it too?

Thanks ..

Regards,
JS

tweiboon;740942 said:
If your key is diamond shape then you can see at the back of the key which will stated 315 or 433.
If your key is not diamond shape then pls refer to this www.realoem.com -->http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DM42&mospid=47539&btnr=41_1089&hg=41&fg=50

After that you will know your frequency.

Yes, i can really dup a key. But there are China key and BMW original key. China key not 100% can be fully functional, only original key can be fully functional. The different between China key and Original key is China key may not able to open and close the power windows.

BMW key really embedded a transponder which is call start engine chips in order for you to start your engine. Immobilizer actually is the EWS module which located under the dashboard which you can see it after open the small drawer near the steering. For this transponder embedded in the key is for the newer model. Old model like e30 it dosent has this chips.

A bro InitialM ordered an original E39 key from BMW for RM1100 about a year ago. The keys are not kept at BMW HQ as you said, they will need to get a new key cut and programmed at BMW in Germany. Takes about 3 weeks to get your key.

About the power windows issue, what tweiboon is saying is if you get the China key from him, you cannot 'comfort close and open' the windows remotely.

With original keys, if you keep pressing the lock (BMW) button, the windows will go up remotely. If you keep pressing the unlock button then the windows will come down. That is called comfort window openingc and closing. China key cannot do that.

haywire;740991 said:
A bro InitialM ordered an original E39 key from BMW for RM1100 about a year ago. The keys are not kept at BMW HQ as you said, they will need to get a new key cut and programmed at BMW in Germany. Takes about 3 weeks to get your key.

About the power windows issue, what tweiboon is saying is if you get the China key from him, you cannot 'comfort close and open' the windows remotely.

With original keys, if you keep pressing the lock (BMW) button, the windows will go up remotely. If you keep pressing the unlock button then the windows will come down. That is called comfort window openingc and closing. China key cannot do that.

Add some info......... for e39 some can use China key to open and close power windows but e46 confirmed not able to use China key to open and close power window.

jsng;740967 said:
Thanks bro ..
Confirmed its a diamond shape key and it stated 315 at the back.
When u say the china key is not fully functioning, will it be able to:
- Start the Engine
- Remote Lock and Unlock the car
- Remote open the trunk
- Trigger the alarm

Or the only issue is it will not be able to open and close the power window? btw how does it work? are u saying that if we use this china key to start the car, we will not be able to open and close the power window?

As for the transponder to start the engine, did the china key comes with it too?

Thanks ..

Regards,
JS

- Start the Engine--> yes, meaning it has transponder but need to program it then only you can start your engine.
- Remote Lock and Unlock the car -->
- Remote open the trunk -->
- Trigger the alarm --> yes, if your car has alarm.

Thansk bro ... if it can start the engine and lock the car .. i think its good enough for me :)
So how much would u be charging to get these ready?

Thanks ..

Regards,
JS

tweiboon;741037 said:
- Start the Engine--> yes, meaning it has transponder but need to program it then only you can start your engine.
- Remote Lock and Unlock the car -->
- Remote open the trunk -->

Thansk haywire :)
RM1100 is a bit pricy .. but if the cloning wont work .. i think i go no choice though :-(
As long as it can be used to start the car and unlock/lock the car, i think its sufficient .. power window control is not a priority to me .. hahaha in fact i dun even know this can be done :p

haywire;740991 said:

- Remote Lock and Unlock the car --> YES or NO / CAN or CANNOT ?
- Remote open the trunk --> YES or NO / CAN or CANNOT ?

Alex5522;741074 said:
- Remote Lock and Unlock the car --> YES or NO / CAN or CANNOT ?
- Remote open the trunk --> YES or NO / CAN or CANNOT ?

- Remote Lock and Unlock the car --> YES and Can.
- Remote open the trunk --> YES and can.

- Remote Lock and Unlock the car --> YES and Can. Will this means the car provides with original alarm system ?
- Remote open the trunk --> YES and can. Will this means the car provides with original alarm system ?

Top Bottom