Opinion on selling my E90 325i 2006 model (local Spec) for a E60 525i UK spec 2005 ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kuganath

Official Member
Dear Brothers, Im lost of thoughts and needs everyone honest opinion and advise ? I have an E90 325 now and was thinking to get an E60 525 2006 model ? Thing is that the current price is for the M-Sport model is running at RM280K for 2006, seems the price went up. 2006 comes with Magnesium engine with push start. I just got a good deal, i assume it is for a E60 525i 2005 M-sport model at RM 248K. I nego the price and the salesman is serious to let go at RM 235K. Im not sure if its a good deal. Im like now getting an older car in years, when m current model is 2006. Please let me know is it a good deal to upgrade or just stick with my 325 !! Thanks sifu's !!

Bro I think you better kindly introduce yourself in the Newbie section before posting questions in the forum, as per forum guidance.

I dont mind so much but the others will tell you off.

kuganath;507693 said:
Dear Brothers,

Im lost of thoughts and needs everyone honest opinion and advise ? I have an E90 325 now and was thinking to get an E60 525 2006 model ? Thing is that the current price is for the M-Sport model is running at RM280K for 2006, seems the price went up. 2006 comes with Magnesium engine with push start.

I just got a good deal, i assume it is for a E60 525i 2005 M-sport model at RM 248K. I nego the price and the salesman is serious to let go at RM 235K. Im not sure if its a good deal. Im like now getting an older car in years, when m current model is 2006.

Please let me know is it a good deal to upgrade or just stick with my 325 !! Thanks sifu's !!

no worries bro ... :) we wont tell you off. However (to get any response to your Q) we will advise you to self-intro at the newbie section 1st b4 posting anything :top:

Make yourself count and be an OM anytime you feel like it ....the earlier the better...enjoy and have fun in the forum bro ;);)

Bro, I can get for you at the price cheaper than what the salesman offer you. PM me if interested.

David Im interested... have PM you.. All other .. i have introduced my self in the newbie section as requested !!!! Thanks.

So its better to change an 2006 325 for an 2005 525 recon UK Spec ? Do i loose on the Horsepower. The current 325 is at 218BHP !!!!

Even with the same HP you would feel the car slower due to size and weight of the 5er, not to mention it is better built to cruise which some people say will lose some of the fun characteristics of the 3er (e.g its agility)

Not that I'm saying 5ers are not fun to drive though.

2006 325 and 2005 525 same N52B25 engine, same ZF GA6HP19 gear box, same 218hp. E90 will tapao this E60 because lighter.

E60 is a more roomy cruiser while the E90 is more suitable for rempit! What driver's profile are u? I know E60 is so not me... but its very Bob1248.. :D :D

I second AB, wut is you real intentions with the drive? is it juz coz of good looks? even the e90 looks good wat. care to share :)

yeay ab..the reason why i prefer e60 more is the roomy factor...sumtimes no time laa to check in...u know..the thing like mirc chat...hahaha

deep3102;507913 said:
I second AB, wut is you real intentions with the drive? is it juz coz of good looks? even the e90 looks good wat. care to share :)

ab and deep3102 are right but then again talking abt "looks" ... be it E90, E60 or any other E's, the colour you put on your car will somewhat "determine its look", if you know wht I mean:top::top: ...;)

kuganath;507894 said:
So its better to change an 2006 325 for an 2005 525 recon UK Spec ? Do i loose on the Horsepower. The current 325 is at 218BHP !!!!

:top: u want power? .... get the diesel ;)

agree bro dzul, i was thinking along the lines of maybe the design, kits and so on..colour too plays a strong roll..:top:

dzuljazz2001;508125 said:
ab and deep3102 are right but then again talking abt "looks" ... be it E90, E60 or any other E's, the colour you put on your car will somewhat "determine its look", if you know wht I mean:top::top: ...;)

David As spoken since you said this is a good deal im going to test drive the car this weekend !! If the drive has no issues will send the car for DIAG check and get my mechanic to see as well. Lets see how that goes !!!

kuganath;507762 said:
David Im interested... have PM you.. All other .. i have introduced my self in the newbie section as requested !!!! Thanks.

Bro,

I ll advise u to go for the 5ser...... i m happy with mine too....

kuganath:
when i was shopping for '06/'07 525M-Sports earlier, i found what seems to be a very SHARP looking beast. belongs to a dude in sungai buloh: local (AB), color-grey silver, 2-digit number plate, original M5 19' sports rim, cobra security... looked perfect! now he puts it on sale for rm140k, maybe u could nego down a lil bit... i think it's worth it!
will give u the phone # if u r interested.. ( i think it's advertised in motor trader some time ago..)

(note: end up didn't buy the car coz am waitin' for the F10..)

Top Bottom