one side rear disc noisy

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chang17

Club Guest
Hi Bimmers,I have question regards my bmw e46 right rear disc come out annoying sound when i brake the car. Only one side. Do i need to change both new disc rotor or just one side enough?How much it cost and where can get it done well?thank you

first post in 5 years.. you must really be annoyed by this problem. just change one side if you are on a tight budget, but chances are the other side is worn too. can't remember exact price but rear discs won't make you poor.

I love this response!

mizhan;770426 said:
first post in 5 years.. you must really be annoyed by this problem.

mizhan;770426 said:
can't remember exact price but rear discs won't make you poor.

mizhan, made my day... and its only 852am!

If you use genuine pad and disc, shouldn't have sound. Very likely disc need to change d.

If change disc, best change the pad too.

I just change mine, disk and pad both cost me 500. The sound gone at the rear disk but the front side still have on one side. Front disk I just change not more then a year so i go back to the mec n they transfer the left pad to the right side. The thing hav not settle yet.... Can they really change the disk without changing the pad?

I have the same prbl with my front brake, anybody know what's the cost range for front disk?

bro use copper grease in between the back of the pads and the backing plate... it might stop or at least reduce the squealing sound..but if the pads are worn then u need to change .... hope this will help

Top Bottom