0032.jpg

0033.jpg

another famous rust prone area..

0034.jpg

0035.jpg

clean-up..

0036.jpg

0037.jpg

If your engine is being opened up, you should consider looking for a cheapish M52 bottom-end and using the rotating parts to stroke out the displacement.

E28driver;475222 said:
If your engine is being opened up, you should consider looking for a cheapish M52 bottom-end and using the rotating parts to stroke out the displacement.

now why didn't anybody mention this before.. sigh.. engine already put back together la. perhaps i should just build another engine as spare, a fire-breathing one :rolleyes:

mizhan;475240 said:
now why didn't anybody mention this before.. sigh.. engine already put back together la. perhaps i should just build another engine as spare, a fire-breathing one :rolleyes:

Ye lah tu .....

Im watching your progress closely bro...my E30 is only now being stripped at your favourite mech shop. No choice lah, since rust is like a cancer in at the same places that I see yours...soon I will need to look for a skin grafter joint....keep the pics rolling :top:

i'm glad you decided on a more holistic approach rather than continue addressing symptoms, only to find one new problem after another. you are choosing a road less travelled, but it is the path that will provide a comprehensive approach to ensuring that your E30 be returned to its former glory.. its deserved glory.

good luck zul.. call me anytime.

in da trunk

grafting of boot floor..

0043.jpg

including a refabricated spare-tyre well.

0045.jpg

0046.jpg

Bruce_Z;475270 said:
Im watching your progress closely bro...my E30 is only now being stripped at your favourite mech shop. No choice lah, since rust is like a cancer in at the same places that I see yours...soon I will need to look for a skin grafter joint....keep the pics rolling :top:

let me know if you'll be there this saturday morning.. would love to hear what your plans for the E30 are.

i'm sending the E46 in for a replacement exhaust-cam sensor; busted it chasing an M3 down Gohtong Jaya :)

Massive projects:top: Good luck in pursuit of the real Ultimate Driving Machine

Get an S50 heart bro:top:

[video=youtube;SmUhZKYgrVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmUhZKYgrVM[/video]

er...some more advise..

Mizhan..

as for the front tower housing, since you are doing it, why not buy the cabriolet tower to fender strengthening piece ? then you wont the strut bar... much better and less movement..

calvin tan sells it...

lightspeed;475293 said:
initialM;475287 said:
Massive projects:top: Good luck in pursuit of the real Ultimate Driving Machine

Get an S50 heart bro:top:

toxic poison clip :D

ha! ha! that would certainly be awesome.. in fact, too awesome for my savings accounts :eek:

pussy;475299 said:
er...some more advise..

Mizhan..

as for the front tower housing, since you are doing it, why not buy the cabriolet tower to fender strengthening piece ? then you wont the strut bar... much better and less movement..

calvin tan sells it...

i must admit i didn't know about that cabriolet part. then again, i didn't know much when i dived in head first into this project. with most of the welding done, i'm afraid it's too late now. besides, i oredi bought a nice & cheap strut bar!

ejat shafiq;475303 said:
i forget to ask, what is your plan for the heart? M50?

not much imagination here either.. the M20B23 has been overhauled and now waiting patiently for the shell to be ready.

Top Bottom