Once-In-A-Lifetime Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pussy;474903 said:
hmmmnnn....

this will be project will be on your mind before you sleep each night...

believe me, mine was 5 years in the making, yours is one fifth of my time...besides my e28, fast track of 2.5 months...

since you on the whole fire wall, get more welding done on the joints, on the tower, not too much, might distort the chassis..then ask them to use the 'car joint putty'.. kev will know which one to use..

if you wan the chassis to be more reliable, suggest to foam the front inner strut (as shown in the picture without the fender).. since the panels are being replaced part by part.. it will do some justice..

i will add some advise here and there..

cheers..

bro, appreciate those pointers. keep em coming. for now, foaming is already included in the plan for this car - our conversatiion some months ago on that procedure convinced me to do it. thanks..

more major surgery..

0025.jpg

0026.jpg

0027.jpg

0028.jpg

0029.jpg

0030.jpg

0031.jpg

Nice updates. Welding work on the body? Seems rather amusing to look at shirtless mechanic doing welding works. :D

Eggie86;474935 said:
Nice updates. Welding work on the body? Seems rather amusing to look at shirtless mechanic doing welding works. :D

yup, welding was carried out mostly on firewall, cabin floor and trunk floor/spare tyre well. err.. no comments on the half naked guy :rolleyes:

mizhan;474938 said:
yup, welding was carried out mostly on firewall, cabin floor and trunk floor/spare tyre well. err.. no comments on the half naked guy :rolleyes:

Hahaha. Okie dokie. Everyday checking on progress of your E30 ah? How long will the whole project take? I'm sure it'll be money well-spent. :top:

I will visit when Im around Subang one day .....with all the rust eating up the body ...thumbs up to you mechanic for taking this very ambitious project....not forgeting your effort as well .....

Eggie86;474946 said:
Hahaha. Okie dokie. Everyday checking on progress of your E30 ah? How long will the whole project take? I'm sure it'll be money well-spent. :top:

project actually started six months ago.. and i don't expect the car to be on the road before CNY.

dzuljazz2001;474952 said:
I will visit when Im around Subang one day .....with all the rust eating up the body ...thumbs up to you mechanic for taking this very ambitious project....not forgeting your effort as well .....

this project involves 5 establishments, and easily 2 dozen mechs have touched it by the time it's done. i hope all of them don't give up before i do :wink:

whoaa. mesti chun bile da ready tis car. come on come on. feed us up with ur update.:top:

ejat shafiq;474976 said:
whoaa. mesti chun bile da ready tis car. come on come on. feed us up with ur update.:top:

thanks bro.. i hope so too :wink:
will upload summore pics later..

rockonla;475146 said:
looking good...cant wait for new pics. power! :)

thank you sir. wanted to upload summore just now but apparently photobucket is down for some maintenance stuff. hey, let me know the next time you're in the ttdi area.. can teh tarik. myself also itchy long time never sit in an E30 :)

Good to see there are still ppl who resotre their e30's . Can't wait to start mine. Post some more pics.
I may need some advise from you :top:
Good luck.

hakim_radzuan;475151 said:
nice project bro...seems like in mike's place...

that's right.. lately i've seen him perform wide-body conversion on two E46 already.

EEEE30;475150 said:
Good to see there are still ppl who resotre their e30's . Can't wait to start mine. Post some more pics.
I may need some advise from you :top:
Good luck.

thanks bro.. i hope you start on yours soon. the longer you wait, the more expensive it will get :) it always saddens me to see old BMW's die of cancer (rust) because they weren't loved enough by owners.
worry not, there is an E30 fraternity.. and we shall certainly help one another.

more pics coming soon..

Top Bottom