Once-In-A-Lifetime Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ALBundy;474794 said:
I salute you for taking up an E30 restoration project.

It will be a long road ahead, but one that will be worthwhile when it's done. It doesn't matter what engine is has, a nicely restored E30 with a M20 engine will still turn heads :)

Cheers

thank you mr president. as the title goes, this is a once in a lifetime sort of project.. looking back years from now, it will be something to either be very proud of or regret big time :eek:

mizhan;474808 said:
......... as the title goes, this is a once in a lifetime sort of project.. looking back years from now, it will be something to either be very proud of or regret big time :eek:

Knowing you my friend ..... I am quiet skeptical on the statement ...... hehehe .... I think this is the 3rd e30 project .... hhhmm .... I guess ....

...... soon to come project is ...... join the Dard Sing .... heheheh.......

...... aku dapat tumpang pun jadi le .....

Charge tickets for viewing....can cover cost of interior resto.....hahahahahaha

kevster30;474826 said:

I wonder how much he'll charge for a guided tour.:listen:

kevster30;474826 said:

yeah man! i'm broke!! forgot to budget for that sound dampening material.. the dynamat, worth or 3M stuff.

miepower;474828 said:
I wonder how much he'll charge for a guided tour.:listen:

for you bro.. FOC! so long as you help tune the M20B23 :wink:

johnj;474842 said:
hehehe..long way to go...

of course.. quickies don't work with E30s! well, at least you're assured having the correct rims for your car :wink:

many cancerous parts that require surgical removal

0019.jpg

0020.jpg

0021.jpg

0022.jpg

0023.jpg

0024.jpg

WOWWW .......Finally ur E30 project started .........

One opinion ......u might consider to convert the rear light to facelift version ........its dammm nice for coupe with big tail light .........

Keep us update .....

Cheers

shhhh... it's already in bare metal actually, just uploading pics in increaments :)

thanks for the suggestion lionel, but i'm keeping this baby looking period. small slights, small bumpers :(

fuhh major rust of the bottom floor pan and also the firewall ...anyway that's the pain the car body has to go through ....

the end result will surely be awsome .....

good luck bro mizhan. don't give up. this baby deserves this. an e30 always does, especially a nostalgic 323. :top:

kombat_kanan;474865 said:
good luck bro mizhan. don't give up. this baby deserves this. an e30 always does, especially a nostalgic 323. :top:

thank you sir.. coming from you, that means a lot :top:

Mizhan, respect lah. Knowing the people who is behind you in this project, I am sure it will turn out very nice.

ICEMAN 13;474863 said:
fuhh major rust of the bottom floor pan and also the firewall ...anyway that's the pain the car body has to go through ....

the end result will surely be awsome .....

yup, basically had to replace entire firewall and floors.

hmmmnnn....

this will be project will be on your mind before you sleep each night...

believe me, mine was 5 years in the making, yours is one fifth of my time...besides my e28, fast track of 2.5 months...

since you on the whole fire wall, get more welding done on the joints, on the tower, not too much, might distort the chassis..then ask them to use the 'car joint putty'.. kev will know which one to use..

if you wan the chassis to be more reliable, suggest to foam the front inner strut (as shown in the picture without the fender).. since the panels are being replaced part by part.. it will do some justice..

i will add some advise here and there..

cheers..

Top Bottom