Once-In-A-Lifetime Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
disc brake tu kejap je cantik. once dah pakai kene air sikit it will corrode kaw2 before it will be better. i just changed mine 3-4 months ago. care to share if you have any tips to keep it as it is? in case i changed new again next time.

wc9922;504927 said:
Wei wei bro, your build takes longer that American Hot Rod series.........want to sign contract with Discovery Channel or not?

they all got unlimited budget la bro.. if i got a dozen pros working on my car 24/7, everything would have been done in 2 weeks :eek:

eh, you sudah balik malaysia ka? the 190SL very pretty la...

kombat_kanan;504955 said:
disc brake tu kejap je cantik. once dah pakai kene air sikit it will corrode kaw2 before it will be better. i just changed mine 3-4 months ago. care to share if you have any tips to keep it as it is? in case i changed new again next time.

i heard that expensive aftermarket discs are less prone to rust coz they got add anti-corrrosive element during casting. was told DBA even adds gold into the mix.. i dunno la bro.

new cables..

replaced the handbrake cables, speedometer cable, and brake pad sensor cable.

0293.jpg

painted crossmember re-installed.

Bro,

I wonder after all the restoration completed, r u dare to drive the car or not? Or just put in BMW Museum or BMW showroom:listen:
I'm so jealous wt your best ever restoration I've ever seen in my lifetime lar:sleep:

mizhan;504859 said:
i haven't totalled up the bills.. maybe never, for health reasons. however i suspect it is close to double what you quoted.

I think by the time you finish would be tripple lar:listen:

initialM;504984 said:
Bro,

I wonder after all the restoration completed, r u dare to drive the car or not? Or just put in BMW Museum or BMW showroom:listen:
I'm so jealous wt your best ever restoration I've ever seen in my lifetime lar:sleep:

afraid not la bro.. have to use it especially when i've oredi got plans for some work to be carried out on the E34.
i have seen a 1983 Porsche 911 bodyshell on a rotisserie.. now, that's what i call restoration!

mizhan;505152 said:
haven't received the bill for those items yet :)

Waahhh..ini lumpsum punya kira nih.. Make sure u dont have heart attack when u receive the bill.. :biggrin:

on the contrary, i think no rasa lah. he's going for best or nothing. once in a lifetime. the bill is just another number. sap sap the water :)

thanks for your confidence erica34.. actually, my resources are just as limited as many people. however, i jumped into this project knowing it would cost the equivalent of a new Persona :)

bro,ya you should change handbrake shoe.when you saw mind doing convertion i change disc rotor,handbrake shoe,disc pad.i feel safer if i change all new.

chili e30;505448 said:
bro,ya you should change handbrake shoe.when you saw mind doing convertion i change disc rotor,handbrake shoe,disc pad.i feel safer if i change all new.

thanks bro.. next time you're in town, let me buy you a teh ais.. i wan to ride in your car :D

mizhan;505449 said:
thanks bro.. next time you're in town, let me buy you a teh ais.. i wan to ride in your car :D

aiya...slow poke only...no v emblem....hehe...anyway waiting to get more $ to start my paint job....

Top Bottom