Nissan Grand Livina

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ehoe

Club Guest
Anyone checkout and test drive the new Nissan Grand Livina yet?. At only 95k for the highest spec model, it sure seems like a good deal for a MPV. Anyway just wanted any comments/feedback for those whom have seen, drove or perhaps already own one.

My brother has just bought one. Waiting for the delivery which will be after Chinese New Year. We test drove it the other day and it feels nice. Honestly it is worth buying at this price. The interior is quite similar to the Nissan Latio which I have a unit of it too. Livina is having the same engine like the 1.6 Latio except that it is not on CVT spec wherelse the Latio is on CVT spec.

With only a 1.6 or 1.8l engine I would think it would be underpowered?
Even a Honda Stream or Toyota Wish with a 2.0l can be considered underpowered esp with a full load in the car.

Well I guess for that kind of price you really can't complain. But I do hear resale value of Nissan cars is pretty bad tho....

David Yong;276131 said:
My brother has just bought one. Waiting for the delivery which will be after Chinese New Year. We test drove it the other day and it feels nice. Honestly it is worth buying at this price. The interior is quite similar to the Nissan Latio which I have a unit of it too. Livina is having the same engine like the 1.6 Latio except that it is not on CVT spec wherelse the Latio is on CVT spec.

YOU better start a Nissan Tan Chong Club kekeke :rock:

Seriously for MPV, I would go for the new Stream RS-Z stock 17" wheels from Naza!

The 1.6 Livina got no variable timing. So Avanza 1.5 VVTi can makan them anytme! I think my souped up 1.3L VVTi Avanza also can makan the 1.6 Livina.. :p

I do like the shoulder line on the Livina, very BMW liked.. :D the Livina rear looks like a stretched Honda Jazz.. Maybe I can call Livina a Jazz Limo.. :D

Oh yes, Livina rear cabin expected to be very stuffy because no rear blower, there's a dedicated front blower to "throw" the air to the back back I reckon before the air reaches the back, oredi panas lio.. :D

astroboy;276141 said:
Seriously for MPV, I would go for the new Stream RS-Z stock 17" wheels from Naza!

Well thats not an apple to apple comparison is it?. The Stream RS-Z should easily be 160 - 180k? Thats a heck of a lot more $$ compared to the Livina.

But I must agree, the Stream RS-Z does look good!. Saw one Singapore registered RS-Z on the roads recently.....yummy.

ALBundy;276137 said:
YOU better start a Nissan Tan Chong Club kekeke :rock:

Dun lar tease me like that bro..... :eek: Anyway it's true also la. We got Fairlady 350Z, Latio Sports and now Nissan Livina. So must start a NIssan Tan Chong Club la...

Nissan Tan Chong club in the house yeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ehoe;276147 said:
Well thats not an apple to apple comparison is it?. The Stream RS-Z should easily be 160 - 180k? Thats a heck of a lot more $$ compared to the Livina.

If u look at price, then yes la.. But if u look at size and functionality, I think they are almost the same. I didn't ask you to look at Estima or Alphard because those are too huge compare to Livina and Stream even though the price is about the Stream range.. :D :eek:

I am using an Avanza 1.3L now, bought it brand new back in 2005 for

how about the handling, as the tag goes handles like a sedan / saloon (which sedan?) and fits like an mpv?

AlexNg;276182 said:
how about the handling, as the tag goes handles like a sedan / saloon (which sedan?) and fits like an mpv?

Meaning they don't handles like a pickup chassis like X3 or X5 or Innova or Avanza or CRV or Sorento la.. :D

They obviously not referring to rear wheel drive 50/50 weight distribution sedan/saloon la.. :D

well, it's a jap and it's a nissan. So, nothing to shout about. test drove, it's ok car for those want an additional option of 7 seater.

But the white livina with the bodykit looks quite handsome too. :)

Have checked out the Livina (kepochi only :D). The interior looks ok except for the light colored seats which will be hard to maintain. The front and middle rows are spacious length-wise but will be a bit tight width wise. As a 6-footer, I could fit into the back row, but I agree it will be cramped and stuffy. Most likely suitable for kids. Personally, I think ferrying 6 people would be a max.

Didn't go for test drive so can't comment on the power. At least they offer a stick-shift for the 1.6L.

Top Bottom