NGV

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gent Punk

Club Guest
guys,first of all, move this tread if it belong to a wrong place.. i donno where to post this, 'engine or performance, body or all other stuff"?? :dunno: .. i've to share this thing to all for u coz the petrol is getting expansive.. nearly around 90 bucks for 460km!! :getyourfactsright: i've meet this boss today in kajang, whom can do the conversion for us.. the market price for a NGV system is around RM5.2k - RM5.5k for the 3 series. i ask him whether he can give us some discount or not, becoz i said we have a lot of bimmers here.. he'll tell me the discount by next tuesday.. so guys, tell me if the price is higher than the market price, becoz if the market price is not 5.2k, means i kena tipu n forget bout it..alright, the information i got r, he said the tank is around 64 liters(which mean RM 9 per tank to refuel), 0.68 cent per liters n due to the high presure, they can only put around 13 liters in.. but for 9 bucks, according to him, we can go for around 180km (but this have to c ur fuel comp. also la).. so if that's the case, then we can go to s'pore with only 50 bucks of petrol, i mean gas.. maybe we can try to ask him sponsor for the 50 bucks also.. :nyehehe: then i ask bout the performance, he said it'll decrease by 2%.. i think it's worth it.. he also added if we r interested, he'll give us a talk in his place bout the system.. so any1 interested??n tell me if i kena tipu ok?? :ph34r: -G Punk-

ya, NGV means natural gas vehicles.. now all of us r using petrol right? this is to convert petrol to gas.. the gas is more environment friendly n cheap compare to petrol.. :yes: only 0.68 per liter.. nvr heard of it?? :blink:

i ve done some calculations....

if da conversion is RM5500...

we would hav to pump about 5851 litres of gas b4 we could start to c savings....

that means we would hav to do 81,014km b4 we could start to save....

by da way... a trip to Singapore from KL (for my E34 520i) will cost in da region of Rm65 worth of petrol

Originally posted by xtracooljustin@Aug 7 2005, 01:40 AM
i ve done some calculations....

if da conversion is RM5500...

we would hav to pump about 5851 litres of gas b4 we could start to c savings....

that means we would hav to do 81,014km b4 we could start to save....

by da way... a trip to Singapore from KL (for my E34 520i) will cost in da region of Rm60
yea bro, maybe u were right.. but not to forget if we start later, we'll lose some saving from the NGV.. n not to forget bout the discount that i havent added.. do u mean 60 bucks go n come back?? i mean 50 bucks go n back wor..

one way only....

i know NGV can do RM50+- both ways...

but da truth is, u can only save if u plan to keep da car for a long long time or if u travel a lot.

like i said, u must do about 81000kms to c da savings... will u do 81000kms in 2 years?

actually how do u calculate bro?? how come 81000 km 1?? :blink: u sure or not?? my calculation only tell me a need to go 40000 km then i can can start the saving.. i don drive that much la, 81000 kn in 2 years, i only drive around 2000 km a month, n not to forget u'll get a 25% off for ur roadtax per year o...

-G-Punk-

In the early 80's I did test drive a friends Toyota Corolla 1200 fitted with Gas, I think for me not worth it, as you really loose power as I tried to climb Bukit Petaling the car refuse to go till I switch to petrol then it start moving. in the end my friend take out the tank I think he sold it carry weight to the car.

Well if you think you want to try now its not cheap, those days very much cheaper I think thousand plus only to convert if I am not wrong.

And you need to queue up with all the taxi cabs to fill up your NGV.

Hi all,

But i think the using of NGV will make ur car even more heat, especially to continental vehicle like our UDM. For me, i dun think i will consider it coz heat will bring a lot of problem and maintenance cost will increase. At then end of the day, not much difference will be save. :getyourfactsright:

This is all my own opinion, correct me if i am wrong...

NGV... as it is today in Malaysia.

There are about 8,000 to 10,000 Natural Gas Vehicles in Malaysia. Mostly Taxi.

35 NGV outlets are currently in operation.
Kuala Lumpur 30, Johor 4, Penang 1.

The conversion cost is still on the high side and I believe the performance of the vehichle will be sluggish. The lower performance whether it is due to the conversion kit or the Local NGV is not something within my knowledge to comment.

Anyway, Malaysia have abundance of this NGV. Positive action such as a proper R&D, right incentive, lower cost of conversion kit and having sufficient NGV station will be good for the people.

Malaysia will be savings in oil imports (saving on subsidies), increase exports of NGV oil, an option of cheaper source of energy to the locals (for those who want economical travelling).

Well, the above is just my input

with BMW image still luxury for malaysian ,i don't want to que with taxi to refill gas and people look at me say ......... :blush:

Other issues with NGV.... this is from a taxi driver friend who used to drive an NGV-powered taxi.... as NGV burns hotter and is a gas (i.e. unlike atomised petrol which provide a degree of lubrication for the head).... the engines tend not to last. In most cases, he had to change his engine within 2 years of daily usage. Granted, taxis do clock more than domestic cars but then again.... my 2 cents....

dude i know where can get the system installed for less than 5.5k, i can find out more if you all want.

Was talking to a taxi driver a few days back, according to him, one full pump of the tank costs around RM8-10, and on his Saga (1.x?) his milage is around 160-180km. He also said that in a (12 hour) day he has the taxi, he would normally spend 4 hours of it waiting to fill up on his gas.

The price of NGV is very attractive, but unless the monopoly of the stations is broken, you'd be hunting high and low fow a particular station just to fill up. And when you reach there you have to squeeze between all the taxi folks..

Bah.. not worth the initial expenses and the on-going effort.

NGV would be the best alternative to other fuel now.
but i would say not for bmw. queing with taxis. long wait.
pay big bucks for the car yet so calculative on the fuel?

but for other cars, it is definitely the best choice.
wira 1.5 can clock 220km on full tank (around RM8) for long cruise and 180 km for city driving. the tank is only as big as 1 golf bag, around 60 kg.
less pick-up but no problem with top speed. cleaner engine and 25% road tax deduction.
conversion costs RM 2500 for carb cars and RM 4000 plus for injection cars.
now NGV is only sold at selected petronas stations but starting next year klang valley will have go-gas stations, stations solely selling ngv.

make a call to petronas ngv and they will arrange everything for you i.e where and when to send your car for conversion. usually takes only a day to convert.

NGV is good for enviroment but

Remember

Cheap Fuel = Low Performance :D

you will have around 10 to 15% drop of performance by using NGV.

NGV not for BMW la!. A performance engine would be wasted using poor quality fuel no matter how cheap it is!.

Going diesel is bad enough, though rather serious savings. None of the engines are optimised for NGV so, it does not really make sense to the average driver.

The protons doing NGV is purely for economic reasons, nothing else. If any of us, cannot afford the petrol prices, then go ahead and buy a Kancil and be done with it.

Such performance, handling and style has to be enjoyed for a price. That price, most can afford, otherwise, a small economical car will take its place. The calculations on pay-pack is about right. It just ain't worth it!.
:nyehehe:

skar is correct... there is a lubang if wanna go NGV. The performance reduction actually depends on the brand of the kit.

A top end kit does not cost that much... i checked the price to do conversion on my car is only 4000++ all in. for protons and carb cars the kit will cost about 2700 to 3500.

The company which deals in this top end kit from Italy is doing test currently on Waja, Wira, Perdana, Iswara, 355 and will convert Mini old and mini new. so far in 2 years of testing, everything is fine.

About range is almost the same as was said earlier and full tank oso from 7 to 10 ringgit range.

The good thing is, the conversion kit is switchable on the fly ie you can change from gas to petrol without stopping.

Top Bottom