newbie seeking for advice

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

nitrocruiser

Club Guest
Hi guys,Very new to Bimmer so need your guys advice. I am looking for a 5 series. but pls help on choosing one. I am looking for an used AB unit but someone one told me that Ab unit have lots of problems and issues. so better for me to get a cbu/ckd. not too sure diff between cbu/ ckd but i guess it means recond unit from euro or japan. I actually prefer AB unit as first they are brand new, so if i buy will be 2nd owner. second, i wont have to change the radio unit that might cost 8-9k. but is it real that AB unit have many problems? share your experience here pls.japan recond has higher spec but will have to spend 8-9k on radio.euro recond has higher spec but super diff to find.i prefer 07 and newer.

welcome to our forum. all the best with your search.. do browse our classified regularly. you might get lucky.

nitrocruiser;608551 said:
Hi guys,

Very new to Bimmer so need your guys advice. I am looking for a 5 series. but pls help on choosing one. I am looking for an used AB unit but someone one told me that Ab unit have lots of problems and issues. so better for me to get a cbu/ckd. not too sure diff between cbu/ ckd but i guess it means recond unit from euro or japan.

I actually prefer AB unit as first they are brand new, so if i buy will be 2nd owner. second, i wont have to change the radio unit that might cost 8-9k. but is it real that AB unit have many problems? share your experience here pls.

japan recond has higher spec but will have to spend 8-9k on radio.

euro recond has higher spec but super diff to find.

i prefer 07 and newer.

Massive misinterpretation here.

CKD means Complete Knock Down, means car is assembled in Malaysia.

CBU means Complete Built Unit, means car is assembled in Germany/foreign land.

AB cars have both CKD and CBU (newer one is SKD instead of CKD, which is Semi Knock Down). When a new model is introduced, they bring the car in as CBU first. When the local factory is set up for the new model, then AB will be selling the SKD for some model, while higher specs one could still be CBUs.

You only need to change the CCC for the Japan grey imports, the UK imports are ready for use as it is compatible with Malaysian settings.

Top Bottom