NEwbie Potential E46 325 owner requesting urgent opinions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hahaha, bro Mafia.. I know exactly what u mean and how u feel... I also went thru that listening to the dealer... knowing he was talking crap BUT the problem was that I wanted that machine...! Perhaps in that sense, UDM is like woman... makes a normally perfectly logical, rational, intelligent and sensible man become illogical, irrational, stupid and insensible when face to face.... :) Btw, am also curious about the insurance for engine/gbox.. as far as I know it is only for new cars via the maintenance/repair insurance where u pay a fixed premium for a certain period/mileage..

hahahaha..tell me bout it bro..like the way u describe it..hahaha..cant agree more with you....yea im having the same curiosity bout the engine/gearbox insurance..hmmmm

Well, if I may have my say on this. Not that i'm siding the dealers, but as for my case, I've recently acquired my E46 325i SMG 2002 Auto Bavaria model 100k+mileage bought for RM76k. I was skeptical to find a 10 year old car with 100k mileage, but my heart told me to take it on my first rest drive.

It's been a month now and I've no complains. Only manage to find time and send my car to a workshop in Sunway after much recommendation. My car was raised, check under the car for leaks and potential repairs, plug into the computer system for faults and all and they even help me to upgrade to the latest software, after that, my car is so much smoother!!!! AWESOME :rock:

To my surprise, my car indeed is what it claimed it is, no change to the mileage, electronic system all working fine, only minor repairs needed such as:
1) Oil Sump Gasket - RM180
2) Oil Filter Housing O ring - RM100
3) Gearbox mounting - RM100 (mine is SMG)
4) Fuel Pump - RM450
5) Cylinder Gasket - RM350
6) Top Set(overhaul) - RM650
7) Cylinder Bolt - RM180
8) Labour 900
9) Brake pads - RM200
10 Fan belt

After all the repairs, mechanic and I took a few spin and it's working fine.. clutch is SURPRISINGLY smooth and he has no complains at all..

So all and above, I believe I've got a good buy from the dealer, this came with a 2 digit car number, what more can i ask? I'm a happy UDM Owner! :thefinger:

satellite;740994 said:
Well, if I may have my say on this. Not that i'm siding the dealers, but as for my case, I've recently acquired my E46 325i SMG 2002 Auto Bavaria model 100k+mileage bought for RM76k. I was skeptical to find a 10 year old car with 100k mileage, but my heart told me to take it on my first rest drive.

It's been a month now and I've no complains. Only manage to find time and send my car to a workshop in Sunway after much recommendation. My car was raised, check under the car for leaks and potential repairs, plug into the computer system for faults and all and they even help me to upgrade to the latest software, after that, my car is so much smoother!!!! AWESOME :rock:

To my surprise, my car indeed is what it claimed it is, no change to the mileage, electronic system all working fine, only minor repairs needed such as:
1) Oil Sump Gasket - RM180
2) Oil Filter Housing O ring - RM100
3) Gearbox mounting - RM100 (mine is SMG)
4) Fuel Pump - RM450
5) Cylinder Gasket - RM350
6) Top Set(overhaul) - RM650
7) Cylinder Bolt - RM180
8) Labour 900
9) Brake pads - RM200
10 Fan belt

After all the repairs, mechanic and I took a few spin and it's working fine.. clutch is SURPRISINGLY smooth and he has no complains at all..

So all and above, I believe I've got a good buy from the dealer, this came with a 2 digit car number, what more can i ask? I'm a happy UDM Owner! :thefinger:

Bro Satellite, in fact da car i acquired was in a perfect shape with nice number(2323) as well..fully inspected..i spent lesser for wear n tear compared to your list ever since i owned it..no complaints bout it at all..credits to the previous owner..but i juz couldnt take the craps the dealer was giving me..arghhh..

da only thing he bullshit to me was that he told me he serviced the car weeks before i took ownership..when asked for the receipt he forged some other car's receipt to assure me..worse case was, i found it out..

after a big havoc, he finally agreed to do the next service on his bill.. 1 thing i must admit is im jealous dat you actually got your 325i SMG for a cheaper price compared to my 320i 2.2 m-sport which i got for 79k..my bad, i was a bit in a rush..but no regrets..i love it..if you dont mind, share some pics of your beast bro..would love to see it..cheers..

Insured By Mafia;741039 said:
Bro Satellite, in fact da car i acquired was in a perfect shape with nice number(2323) as well..fully inspected..i spent lesser for wear n tear compared to your list ever since i owned it..no complaints bout it at all..credits to the previous owner..but i juz couldnt take the craps the dealer was giving me..arghhh..

da only thing he bullshit to me was that he told me he serviced the car weeks before i took ownership..when asked for the receipt he forged some other car's receipt to assure me..worse case was, i found it out..

after a big havoc, he finally agreed to do the next service on his bill.. 1 thing i must admit is im jealous dat you actually got your 325i SMG for a cheaper price compared to my 320i 2.2 m-sport which i got for 79k..my bad, i was a bit in a rush..but no regrets..i love it..if you dont mind, share some pics of your beast bro..would love to see it..cheers..

Mine also M-Sport with original M-Sports rims + skirting. Well, as for the repairs, those are wear and tear and I've allocated money for it. It's a 10 year old car anyway, bound to have some minor repairs which I'm ok with. If i sum up the repairs, it's about the same price as yours la, so no problem..My car plate is 36 :p

I do not tolerate with dealers that is not honest, to me.. there are tonnes of E46 out there and for that kind of price, I could get a better priced car if not, better condition or etc..

One thing for sure, there's no regrets in this baby, Love for this baby is unspeakable..

Seriously, after driving this UDM, you really don't want to drive any other thing else unless of the same range or better.

I haven't got time to snap pictures of my car yet, but I don't mind meeting up for TT and we can admire each other's UDM, what say you?

satellite;741047 said:
Mine also M-Sport with original M-Sports rims + skirting. Well, as for the repairs, those are wear and tear and I've allocated money for it. It's a 10 year old car anyway, bound to have some minor repairs which I'm ok with. If i sum up the repairs, it's about the same price as yours la, so no problem..My car plate is 36 :p

I do not tolerate with dealers that is not honest, to me.. there are tonnes of E46 out there and for that kind of price, I could get a better priced car if not, better condition or etc..

One thing for sure, there's no regrets in this baby, Love for this baby is unspeakable..

Seriously, after driving this UDM, you really don't want to drive any other thing else unless of the same range or better.

I haven't got time to snap pictures of my car yet, but I don't mind meeting up for TT and we can admire each other's UDM, what say you?

Yea, totally agree with you..as long as we're prepared for the wear n tear...you hardly can find a 2nd hand car with this kinda number still in tact..normally previous owners will rip it off for their other liabilities..thats where u can see some new number registered on a 2nd hand car..ur lucky to get da deal with that kinda number..feeling the same here for this UDM bro..u'll feel totally blinded with the class..roger dat bro, i havent join any TT's yet since im bz with my wedding preparation....but will definitely be in pursuit for the TT's soonest possible..cheers..!!

Insured By Mafia;741061 said:
Yea, totally agree with you..as long as we're prepared for the wear n tear...you hardly can find a 2nd hand car with this kinda number still in tact..normally previous owners will rip it off for their other liabilities..thats where u can see some new number registered on a 2nd hand car..ur lucky to get da deal with that kinda number..feeling the same here for this UDM bro..u'll feel totally blinded with the class..roger dat bro, i havent join any TT's yet since im bz with my wedding preparation....but will definitely be in pursuit for the TT's soonest possible..cheers..!!

Bro IBM, spend a few hours off to join TT to talk about stuff you like about. It will be a totally different experience (better) than posting on the boards. There's one happening this friday..

Totally, and for the 2 digit plate, I could sell it off for few thousand if not.. 5 figure if I'm lucky :rock:

Hope you are enjoying every single bit of your UDM! This weekend I'm going back to Kuantan and this would be my first outstation trip with my UDM, let's see how this baby flies.. Let's see if I can hit 240kmph :p

aidilj;741067 said:
Bro IBM, spend a few hours off to join TT to talk about stuff you like about. It will be a totally different experience (better) than posting on the boards. There's one happening this friday..

i really wish i could bro..will check out for the TT this week..dont mind spending a few hours meeting all the Sifus though..as long as im not hooked up with last minute issues..mostly work related..huhuhuh..

satellite;741068 said:
Totally, and for the 2 digit plate, I could sell it off for few thousand if not.. 5 figure if I'm lucky :rock:

Hope you are enjoying every single bit of your UDM! This weekend I'm going back to Kuantan and this would be my first outstation trip with my UDM, let's see how this baby flies.. Let's see if I can hit 240kmph :p

exactly, a chinese guy offered me 3.5k on the spot in a food court..it seems its his lucky number..but i said no way..hell yeah i am enjoying it..especially when some chicks looks at me more den once...muahaha....!!! i bet you'll definitely enjoy the ride..be safe on the road bro..

Drive safe not slow!

There's a saying goes for BMW:
If you are rich: Bring More Woman
If you are poor: Bring More Worries

Have a good day!

Top Bottom