Newbie needs HELP

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarence

Club Guest
I am new to polishing literally as I sent my car to have it wash and wax weekly. After a few scratches on the doors by my usual car park wash detailer, I decided to try a 'do it yourself' polish and wax. I am aiming for the shiniest appearance if possible for my dark colored 730i car. Any suggestions on which polish / wax products which are easy to apply and rub off? I already bought a 5 pack microfiber cloth. What about tire gloss and tire alloy products? I used Polyglaze which I felt to be disappointing. It hardly made the tires any difference at all.I tried Turtle 2000 Interior inside but my passengers were slipping down and hanging on to the rails when the car stops. Too slippery. Any idea which product to use?

jarence;693243 said:
I tried Turtle 2000 Interior inside but my passengers were slipping down and hanging on to the rails when the car stops.

I LOL.

Seriously.

HI Jarance

we have another familiar name...welcome ya to detailing section

the best you can do for your ride is to cared for him yrself.....although is tiring & takes lots of efforts but it is always rewarding

i have written some simple post to share the simplest way to care till elaborated

feel free to read

how to care for yr new car
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?43960-From-Senawang-with-love&highlight=

when to wax ?
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?33907-Is-it-time-to-wax-are-we-there-yet-donkey-asking-shrek....&highlight=

a Little more effort
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?39959-How-did-I-restore-E-39&highlight=

feel free to ask & share some of yr ride pic....so that we may help of what u r facing

Just a little patience & plenty passion

Meguiar E Tire Gel the purple bottle? I will wait for Aneos Jusco sale day for that.

I did not realise so much some people would go for just to make their car so shiny! I mean what happens when a heavy downpour takes place? Do you use any Detailer solution like Ice or Meguair or 3M? Do they live up to their claims?

Does leather conditioner for cars generally caused shrinkage on furniture leather?

My 2 sens

Of all the many tried products, I liked the shiny and beading results best from MEGUIAR Ultimate range. They are not cheap but the results are worth it. :top:

There are various products for the alloy wheels to make them shine superbly and no doubt alloy wheels add a unique style to the car. Well, I rather like to ask a query that what if the wheels are not alloy, I mean simple wheels, then what are the products which make them shining and glossy ?

banadictaustin;761074 said:
There are various products for the alloy wheels to make them shine superbly and no doubt alloy wheels add a unique style to the car. Well, I rather like to ask a query that what if the wheels are not alloy, I mean simple wheels, then what are the products which make them shining and glossy ?

Hi buddy r u referring to uncoated rims? like stainless steel , bare alloy or metal? any pics

or is there a stains u like to remove?

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

ta da
IMG_0372.JPG

brake dust caked on an expensive rims....restoring and detailing

I had this wonderful opportunity, invited to come along to detail one & only Limited edition...

she comes with this beautiful 19" rims, thats keep her on the road..

wash & onr on the whole car by Mr Seech
dry by optimum waffle towel - aka water magnet cloth..
P1040360.JPG

then moving on the rims...ONR wash
P1040364.JPG

spas begin with

pic before
P1040373.JPG

dirt grim dust brake dust tar plenty of contaminations
P1040374.JPG

if these section of the car is not wash properly ....there is a transference of contamination to the rest of the car

as brake dust flew everywhere from there……u know where?

wool washing mitts...from my old ROB wool pad....sprayed with Alien clean
pics before
P1040387.JPG

ta da...see what i collected
P1040390.JPG

Alien clean agitating & brushing off with wheel brushes
P1040411.JPG

P1040418.JPG

P1040421.JPG

brushing off with Alien clean
caked brake dust from the calipers
P1040422.JPG

lower joints

P1040423.JPG

next clay & lube with Alien no rinse wash dilution of 7ml ounce with 500 ml water
P1040393.JPG

You wouldn’t want to see
P1040461.JPG

then optimum opti seal - sealing the rims prior waxing
P1040448.JPG

Spray, buff off & walk away
P1040449.JPG

ready to be wax

P1040397.JPG

wipe & buff off at the same time

P1040398.JPG

ta da

P1040399.JPG

simple effortless washing & detailing

P1040401.JPG

thanks to my my magic portion

P1040406.JPG

another section
P1040409.JPG

before
P1040411.JPG

Ta da pics
P1040452.JPG

P1040453.JPG

P1040457.JPG

P1040458.JPG

P1040459.JPG

P1040460.JPG

P1040404.JPG

P1040403.JPG

Then pls cover before heavy correction….hahahahahahahah

No la…protecting her from compound & residues
P1040615.JPG

Hi KC, I am still looking on these pics my eyes widely opened. I have never seen any close dusting and shining work done in alloy wheels so closely ever before. You indeed have shown the good methods of cleaning the alloy wheels. Thanks for posting these out here. I am mainly concerned with the steel tires. How to clean them to a shine ? I know that its not pretty possible to give them a glossy effect but still then I was wondering that there would be some way for this also.

banadictaustin;761655 said:
Hi KC, I am still looking on these pics my eyes widely opened. I have never seen any close dusting and shining work done in alloy wheels so closely ever before. You indeed have shown the good methods of cleaning the alloy wheels. Thanks for posting these out here. I am mainly concerned with the steel tires. How to clean them to a shine ? I know that its not pretty possible to give them a glossy effect but still then I was wondering that there would be some way for this also.

Thanks buddy for your kind words

I am glad u find some examples here! I always says "PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE" maintenance is the key to sustain the long shining outlook

Most of our rides is washed outside! So affordable and without sweat but the long effect of it is damaging

Just look at the chemical the used to cleans wheels! Aggressive and corrosive with Super degreaser and acid that corrodes the surface of our wheels

We can stop the decaying and abuse! By do it ourself ...although .......it may sound so ridiculous but the truth
although our kakak help to tidy our house but i have never asked them aka domestic helper to clean my IPad,camera la, IPhone rm 1-2k but irony is we allow all the untrained hands to clean our 1/4 or more mil rides!!!! I am sure u might have seen some Ferrari washed at petrol station in TTDI !!!!!!! that's the way of life.........in the boleh society

That's my pleasure KC and why not ? After all you have helped me throughout this community and also have provided me many ways and options so that i may take a good care of my car. This is the result of your examples which you provide me every time, either through your description or through pics and images.

Top Bottom