New owner of E46 recond from japan

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anusan

Club Guest
Hi frens,glad to join the club hope to get some advice on BMW, i am new owner of BMW E46 fromjapan, i have problem recently i lost both keys,i have done the key but can't lock automaticly,how to get the auto or remote lock,my car VCD playe will only work if the hand break is on.Pls advice.I am first time driving BMW 3 series.

You have the get the original key from AB or Ingress.
BMW car does not lock automatically or do you mean that the door does NOT lock when you achieved a certain speed.

What type of Head unit do you have that can play VCD?

BTW, it not safe to watch VCD while driving. It is dangerous to yourself and other road user.

Welcome anusan. Hope your queries will be answered here on the forums. Lots of sifus out here who will gladly help you out. :top:

Hi Jarance,

Nice of you, i actual have very little knowledge about bimer but it is my dream car..i am going thru some books and internet to get some information on this great car,sorry to ask u hw to get in touch with AB or Ingress,it don't lock automatically,i need to lock manually, i don't have the key with auto lock but all the central locking is in good condition,ever since i lost the key i can't auto lock the door when i get off the car,there was no alarm in the car can i get this fix from the normal acc.shop?

anusan, pls answer yes or no to the following:-

1. When you drive the car, does your car lock when your speed is > 20 km/h?
2. Can you open/close the door with the remote key?
3. Can you open/close the door with the open/close button located on the gearshift console?

Where did you get your replacement key?
Have it ever work before?

BMW CKD are provided with alarm system. BMW CBU (Japan Spec) are usually without alarm.

However, with or without alarm, your car cannot start without the key as they are protected with transponder/EWS protection.

jarance;584392 said:
anusan, pls answer yes or no to the following:-

1. When you drive the car, does your car lock when your speed is > 20 km/h?-I no it dosen't lock
2. Can you open/close the door with the remote key?-No i can't
3. Can you open/close the door with the open/close button located on the gearshift console?-yes

Where did you get your replacement key?-it was from one of the dealer from penang,no when he fix he told me that only can open/cls manually
Have it ever work before?

BMW CKD are provided with alarm system. BMW CBU (Japan Spec) are usually without alarm.

However, with or without alarm, your car cannot start without the key as they are protected with transponder/EWS protection.

Hi jarance,

Sorry don't reply you for almost 2 months,i was away in brazil for work purpose.how the get the alarm,reverse sensor installed again.

Appreciate your assit and advice.

Rgds
Anu

Bimer68;592494 said:
Hi jarance,

Sorry don't reply you for almost 2 months,i was away in brazil for work purpose.how the get the alarm,reverse sensor installed again.

Appreciate your assit and advice.

Rgds
Anu

Anu, you cannot get it installed if it is NOT there in the first place.

Either you go for factory fitted or go for aftermarket (which is a cheaper option)

Top Bottom