New Honda Civic

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
For that price range for a new car, I'd also get the Civic (2.0S) as there are not many logical choices to choose from. But I feel that it'll only be a short while before I might start looking again as I might miss the driving feel of the BMW. Reminds me of one of our members Andrew, who upgraded from an E36 328i to a E46 328i, then sold it and bought a 6 spd Audi TT Quattro (used) was sick of the high maintenance, sold the Audi, told himself he'll be sensible now and bought a new Accord 2.4 iVtec which was totally headache free, but got bored of it within 2 years, sold it and just recently bought a used prefacelift E46 330Ci. All that in a span of only 5 years in total as when I bought by E46 he was still driving his E36 328i.

Thats the sad thing, once you own a new BMW, its a bit hard to go back to a logical no hassle new Honda as a daily driver. Looking forward, also new BMWs will be plagued by high depreciation and expensive maintenance (after 3 yrs). If only I had lots of $$$ then the high depreciation and maintenance just wouldnt matter much.

My sentiments exactly....so as what walrus_lord says..once you are hooked..u are hooked....its always a pleasure driving it but when the car idles, all i can think of is the countless visits to the service center to get it sorted and countless components that has to be changed and needs to be changed....well, I'm still happy driving it but lets see whether my never ending idling problem get solved or not.....

The other option is to sell the car and get a used 325i which hopefully wont have this problem but i doubt i wont have other issues with the 2.5L that will bug me again...

As you said, depreciation for bimmers now is very high....a 325i and a 318i of same year is only RM10K to RM15K apart.

Decisions...decisions...decisions...

Ahbeng once told himself would never ever drive a Jap car again. You know what they say ler, "Never say never". Ended up with a Jap car.

Told meself would never ever get meself a conti anymore as ahbeng cannot possible stomach the depreciation and the nightmare on Repair St. Ended up with a Conti.

Now that I dun drive a conti, I still do look out for cars that handles like a conti but allows me to stay out from my porcelain piggy. Cheap bastard! Ahbeng that's me. ** hunting for conti**

Top Bottom