New Honda Civic

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
So the fuel consumption rate of the civic given by honda has been confirmed by the actual owners of the civic itself eh ? hehe..any other feedback regarding the FC?

The 2.0 is no tyre scorcher. Smooth, spacious, sterile and shod with crap tyres, that's what the Civic is about. What shocked me though, when I was in my buddy's red 2.0 about 2 wks back (bodykit, 17 OZs, killer plate and black black tint, perhaps you've seen him posing around) is when it pours, you can barely keep up a conversation. Damn, macam Kelisa....

Full FR to come after mine is delivered next month (hopefully). Bronze silver, apparently a BMW ripoff colour (seen a couple of Cis in the same shade). No wonder I chose it.

Actually I think the Civic 2.0 at circa RM120-plus k is quite a complete car, with a 2.0 156 bhp motor, HIDs, VSA (or DSC in BMW-speak), 4 airbags, seatbelt pre--tensioners, cruise control, steering wheel mounted gearshift paddles etc.

Most car mags rate it highly too, with AUTOCAR Asean describing its ride quality as being BMW-like.

Which brings me to this question: would you guys consider the new Civic 2.0 as being a better alternative to a, say, 5 year old E46 318i, 325i or 328i which at today's used values would cost around the same price as the new Civic 2.0?

Anwering Wglee question on New Honda vs a used E46, I would reckon that if one is using the head to purchase a vehicle, Honda would be a cheaper bet as it is a new engine, less wear and tear, more years in terms of reliability, and others. Not to say that I am advocating the Hondas. The beamers still stand out in terms of performance, handling and quality. However, with cost of living going up, think it would be a better bet to opt for a car which would give less headache in terms of dough and as financial planners advocate - delay grativication.

I heard Honda City 1.5L is also very very economical on fuel too...

A friend said with RM80 with current price, it goes about 800km on highway... don't know how's true, but the gear box is 7-speed auto... very attractive...

yep can confirm the city is very fuel efficient. it does not have a 7 speeed auto though. 1 reason why its economical is because its running a cvt so that engine speed will be at the most efficien through out the operating speed. the cvt can set itself to 7 discrete gear ratio but that would defeat its purpose.

seen the new civic in flesh...hhhhmmmm nice but there's no emotional pull. i dont feel it has the "good morning, care to take me for a spin" feeling when you look at it in the morning.

ps, how do i know? my mom in law own a city and 'borrowed' a new civic for 2 days to 'test' the car. heck, even my mom in law is not impressed by the lack of emotion.

Originally posted by wglee@May 27 2006, 02:21 AM
Actually I think the Civic 2.0 at circa RM120-plus k is quite a complete car, with a 2.0 156 bhp motor, HIDs, VSA (or DSC in BMW-speak), 4 airbags, seatbelt pre--tensioners, cruise control, steering wheel mounted gearshift paddles etc.

Most car mags rate it highly too, with AUTOCAR Asean describing its ride quality as being BMW-like.

Which brings me to this question: would you guys consider the new Civic 2.0 as being a better alternative to a, say, 5 year old E46 318i, 325i or 328i which at today's used values would cost around the same price as the new Civic 2.0?
With that kinda specs, I would go for the Civic 2.0 over the E46 318i whether valvetronic or non-valvetronic. The former should leave the latter standing in its grave. But compared to E46 325i or 328i, there's no way hosea the Civic can match in terms of sheer driving pleasure! :)

Sheer Driving Pleasure has a lot of price to pay.. Power window kaput, Arms broken, bush kaput. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ace99@May 29 2006, 01:34 PM
Sheer Driving Pleasure has a lot of price to pay.. Power window kaput, Arms broken, bush kaput. :rolleyes:
Yup, tell me about it! But on that clear sunny day and lonely windy road, there's not many other alternatives which can force a smile... :p

i just got smacked by a Corolla :beaten: last friday, sheer driving power is toyota corolla.

report card for those who are keen on FC.

full tank from KL (abt 80.00++)
drove average speed 140 to 150++ to JB
arrive at JB with still abt 1/3 tank. (Kempas to JB fawkeng jamm. 1.5hrs!)

finally fill up back at desaru (RM 80)

so,
KL to JB to Desaru to Melaka to KL : total fuel RM 160++

My neighbour has one. It has the 'e39 feel' to it. The black face instrument is superb. The door has the thomp and heavy feeling. The drive is nimble. The outlook design is magnificient. Honda is paying me some comission for this!!

i dun have a chance yet to test drive the 2.0

but the feel sitting inside

i feel my e46 better :)

i dun have a chance yet to test drive the 2.0

but the feel sitting inside

i feel my e46 better

thats why 3 series in the class of premium sports sedan, civic may be same size but not same category ma

Top Bottom