New guy reporting in...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wideawake

Club Guest
Hi guys,I'm Azli from Klang. Have registered this forum for a while but never posted before (lurker).After driving my trusty Toyota Hilux for 8 years (I'm still keeping it, these things can last for decades) I feel its time to reward myself with a slightly faster ride while still enjoying the RWD handling.... Been scouting for a 2008 E92 335i for a while.... Visited a few dealers but haven't had a chance to visit most of them on Mudah yet... Scouting will continue after CNY with hopes that prices can be further negotiated... :)HM has agreed on the make and model, let's see if the banks will agree as well... hahaha.... Cheers guys!

Welcome to the forum bro. 335? nice......do come to our TT tonite, at MMZ Bkt Jelutong from 10pm onwards to meet with like minded enthusiast.......

PM badrul880. I think he knows somebody who wants to let go of a beautiful 335i.

Probably can't make it tonight bros. Will join next time. Thanks for the hospitality.
Will surely PM Badrul :)

Question:

If I managed to persuade a dealer to bring the car to an official workshop for a pre-purchase inspection, do I need to make an appointment with AB or Wearnes? Or they will accept walk-in customers? How long does the whole process take?

Also, is it better that I be present during the process (assuming it doesn't take a whole day) in case the dealer tries to fake the report before showing it to me?

Not that I don't trust car dealers (hah) but just to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

Bro, you have to call ab or etc upfront, bring the docum3nt (grant, etc), if the car is a recon car, ab glenmarie quoted me rm500 to register the car in their database n rm500 to diagnose....how long not sure...

wideawake;806392 said:
Que
If I managed to persuade a dealer to bring the car to an official workshop for a pre-purchase inspection, do I need to make an appointment with AB or Wearnes? Or they will accept walk-in customers? How long does the whole process take?

Also, is it better that I be present during the process (assuming it doesn't take a whole day) in case the dealer tries to fake the report before showing it to me?

Thanks.

wideawake;806392 said:
Question:

Thanks.
Bro azli, welcome to the forum.335 is an awesome car, especially when it's a coupe. About ur question, there are many independent workshops servicing bmw around. U are not limited to wearnes or AB for that matter. If the car is under bsri or bmw's warranty, then by all means go to them. If not, u have a choice. Do go through the list of recommended workshop. I took mine to deutsch auto in kpg pandan for diagnosis. As per bro mizhan's advice, pls pm badrul880. He might know someone who has an excellent condition 335 to let go. Happy hunting.

Hi guys... managed to land myself a UK spec unit recently.

Since the car was originally from UK, is it possible that there are significant differences in the software, mainly fuel system settings as the fuel here and there is different.... Which is a good place that I can bring this car for an update? Any of our third party vendors or the main BMW dealers?

Thanks.

Hello to you too ...Wideawake :)

Welcome to the forum and have a good stay.

Take care and have a good day too.

Alby325i :5::5:

Welcome aboard. I've had friends who scheduled AB full head to toe, inside out, anal probe inspections on their used purchases. Last I remembered, he was billed 500 bucks for the whole thing. It's not too bad at all considering the peace of mind you'll get when you start reconditioning it.

munhoezz;816257 said:
Hope u enjoy the sheer driving experience...
Thanks. It is indeed a wonderful driving experience.... It's supposed to be a weekend car but somehow I keep grabbing the keys on every weekday!!

irfan80;816293 said:
Terbaik...seen ur hilux...so when to reveal ur beast...mmz k
Irfan, sudah reveal haritu.... you were in the holyland.... heheh... see u in the next TT.

shawn_esr;816331 said:
Welcome aboard. I've had friends who scheduled AB full head to toe, inside out, anal probe inspections on their used purchases. Last I remembered, he was billed 500 bucks for the whole thing. It's not too bad at all considering the peace of mind you'll get when you start reconditioning it.
Good advice shawn... I've got some coil plugs that's starting to die on me and its probably better to send it to the dealer for a full inspection....

Top Bottom