New E60 - 525 with M5 body kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

johnchen

Club Guest
Just got back from the AB showroom...new 525i with M kit...really cool...and I'm MAD as HELL!!! M-steering wheel..very comfortable, soft feel, nice thickness.

M wheels: 18" with 245/40/18 Dunlop run flat tires...spare is the small temp ones.

Wow...VERY NICE!!! Looks like the trimmings have also been upgraded? Yeah, I would be mad as well hahaha

Last of the pix...from the front...now I won't be able to sleep for a long time out of frustration...!! Suddenly my "old" E60 not so canggih any more!!! And the price...RM408K...only RM10K more than what I paid for my E60. How can BMW Malaysia get their pricing so screwed up??? :getyourfactsright: :angry: :angry:

Yes, I could understand your feeling. A different of RM 12k give all the M-Tech package with new R6 engine. I had a test drive in one of the Silver colour. A small correction on the topic. It should be with M-Tech package and M suspension not M5 bodykit. However the ride is definitely harder than the normal 525. The kits is slightly different to the real M5, as noted in the BMWCar Mag July 2005 edition. Anyway still nicer than the 'old' unit.

I know how u feel. Last time my dad bought Airtrek for RM140k... the next week, Airtrek turbo came out for RM150K. Well, nothing compared to a 5-er
but u know what i'm getting at.

My new dream car is an M5!!!

John,

Sorry to hear this.

What would the trade in value be if you were to swap your old for the new?

Cheers

Originally posted by xcell60@Jul 13 2005, 04:46 PM
John,

Sorry to hear this.

What would the trade in value be if you were to swap your old for the new?

Cheers
I spoke to the manager re trade in of my car. He said he'll get back to me but told me it will not be to my satisfaction. Right now he has 15 new units of the "old" 525i and he has discounted it down to RM360K from RM398K. Even at that price there is no takers cos' the new 523i 2.5L only cost RM348K.

Quite typical of AB/BMW Malaysia strategy. Price and specs just get better over time as the novelty of the new model wears off. The highest price is always the first batch CBU spec buyers for the new model. Then the discounts and the goodies come along as the years go by.

The thing is buying too late into the model to enjoy the best discount also not good as the new model will just be around the corner..... As the saying goes, can just wait forever

This 525i with the R6 engine and M-Tech bodykit, is this the facelifted one or is there going to be a major facelift soon?

The E60 was launched in 2002 so right about 2005/2006 is when they would announce a facelift isnt it?

Any pics of it out yet or am i actually looking at it right now?

Thankss

Originally posted by k3nny@Jul 30 2005, 12:54 PM
This 525i with the R6 engine and M-Tech bodykit, is this the facelifted one or is there going to be a major facelift soon?

The E60 was launched in 2002 so right about 2005/2006 is when they would announce a facelift isnt it?

Any pics of it out yet or am i actually looking at it right now?

Thankss
If I am not wrong, BMW does the facelift about 5 years into the model year. That would make it 2007 when the facelift comes out.

Right now 2/3 years into the model year, they have just refreshed the engine line ups with their latest technology.

I guess you are right. Probably towards the end of 06. Wasn't it end '02 that E60 came out?

Just saw in another forum that the next generation is due in 09, code name F10. The guy was sure of his information.

johnchen,

Do they offer the M Tech kit upgrade option? Then maybe you can just opt for the exterior upgrade to soften the blow. Then again, even if they have the M Tech kit, it'll probably cost at least RM20k....damn! :blink:

well dude, i am joining the family of the 5 series soon . placing an order on the 523i soon enough .

also getting myself

Full M-Tech kit / Ac Side mirrors / M steering / step plates / Ac exhaust , any recommendation for rims ?

I got jalan to get the M-Tech kit for RM8k not including painting but it will require at least 5 sets .. "i am in for 1 set though' , if anyone need any , maybe u can pm me .

Top Bottom