Never crank up your ride

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ICEMAN 68

Founding Member
hey there ...i have been not using my car for several months already as i've given a usage annual leave for what it had served me upon.So now rise my question:Can the engine seige if we did not crank it for a long time ? How long can the battery last if we did not start it ?Any problem for the alternator , radiator and so on will happen ?

engine should be ok n by now the battery should be flat, just charge it up n see. More concern on the fuel pump though...

ICEMAN13,

I think there should not be any issue on engine, alternator & radiator...

Only issue is the battery..., if your battery is healthy....i think it can stored/kept the current in it for long time..maybe up to 6 months or more...

Did you know they can still crank up those half cuts in the chop shop (when connected to a good battery)? Buyers have to make sure the engine is up before they buy it.., and nobody know how long the engine has not been cranked?

just my 2 cents..

i got an experience here....i left my car for 2 months in good running condition...last week i tried to crank it up with the help of another car....it started but when i pulled the battery's cable the engine died....so i guess my alternator is dead...alternator did not charge...or mebbe im just not lucky enough.

Top Bottom