MY04 BMW E60 525i UK Spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E60MSport

Club Guest
Hi all fellow forummers,I'm relatively new to BMW's as the E60 525i is my very first owned BMW. It would be of greate help f you could explain the following questions:1) What's the engine code for the 192HP 525i2) I've e-mailed BMW Malaysia regarding the type of engine oil and when to change and here's what I was told. Can someone please reconfirm this? ThanksI was told that the engine oil to be used is Shell Helix Ultra Fully synthetic but from what I've heard outside, BMW recommends Castrol right? I've did my two oil changes using Castrol, should i switch over to Shell? Any recommendations? And for the routine service interval it is said to be done every 20,000km. What about the brake fluids? When are they to be changed I don't have the service booklet as this car was not bought from BMW Malaysia or Auto Bavaria as it was an import used as a demo car in Japan.3) In the same e-mail, I was also told that this particular BMW does not require any transmission oil changes for a lifetime. Is this true?4) This particular car comes with the M-Sports Package along with the 135M Double spoke rims which use Bridgestone Run Flat Tires. Where can I get these RFT's and how much will they cost? And does anyone know where to get the Hamann M-Sport Front Lip and Rear Diffuser and how much will these items cost individually?I apologise for asking too much here. But I hope to learn something about BMW's from all of you here. Thanks

Bro,

1) I don;t know onE60
2) & 3) Check on some power pack discussion made 2 weeks back under the thread "BMW Long Lifr Transmission Oil M54" - 5 star thread
4) I don't know either as I am running on flat means it;s flat tyre technology.

If you want to check on some maintenance cost go to the thread "E39 Part and Maintenance cost" but might be obsolete as your is E60 - just for reference.

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. A couple of answers for your reference.

1) What's the engine code for the 192HP 525i
This would very likely be M54B25 as yours is a 04' car.

3) In the same e-mail, I was also told that this particular BMW does not require any transmission oil changes for a lifetime. Is this true?
There's been a long debate on the what the lifetime sealed oil is supposed to be. Feel free to do a search on the forum but the common consensus is that oil, like all things organic would eventually degrade and breakdown thru wear and tear. So, I would much rather change it at a recommended/sensible interval and prolong the life of the machinery. Just a thought.

Regards,
VaN.

Hi M60MS, how is the performance? Hv been thinking to get one. Went to EOA this morning looking for the car- UK spec will be arrvg next 2 week accdg to towkey there.Hv been drvg e36 (M) 325 limited edi 1995 , e30 323 `84 and e39 97. tell something good abt the UK spec.

Top Bottom