my four door M42

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Mean looking E30:top: Nicely done.
More pic of interior & engine bay:wink:

man, uve got the rim that i wanted...superb looking car bro, where in kch are ya?

Awesone car....damn...the front is so aggressive it shouts "Move it! e30's gonna smoke you away...HaHa"

Love what you did to those Borbets....

xsjado;404819 said:

You might want to relocate the coil pack further away from the exhaust heat...

Mine was placed nearer to the strut tower.. Not that far away but at least not that near to the extractor... I was afraid the plastic would disintegrate faster with heat.. Don't know whether that helps or not but probably more for peace of mind..

thanx for the tip,i should relocate the coil pack soon....wonder if anyone can help me to an electric fan conversion...saw on m42club that a volvo fan would fit the m42....cost effective?

As comparison, here are some photos of my dirty engine bay..

DSC_8686.jpg

Here's how I positioned the coil pack for my M42
DSC_8695.jpg

Custom stainless steel air pipe.
DSC_8690.jpg

Custom made pillowball mount.
DSC_8689.jpg

Poison : Nology hotwire
DSC_8701.jpg

Bro Fab & Xsjado

is there a thread in this forum showing the detailed step-by-step procedure with pics on swapping a M401.6L to a M42 1.8 IS engine?

Do u have any workshop in JB to recommend who can do this swap properly - I think the mech I go to only familiar with M401.6 to M401.8L swap ......

TIA

RRRRR....try m42club.com.....otherwise the swap is pretty much straight forward, except for the nasty EWS wiring.The gearbox lines up perfect, mounting, sump...etc....u need to alter the headers to fit tho....

mr Fabian!!!wanted to do the steel intake like i did with my old m40...any good??

xsjado;405125 said:
mr Fabian!!!wanted to do the steel intake like i did with my old m40...any good??

I didn't have a comparison.. My mechanic custom made the steel hose during the conversion...I supposed it should provide better flow without the folds in the ori rubber hose..

Top Bottom