my e32 735i vibrates...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rizal007

Club Guest
hi all....just wanna share...for the last 3-4 mths...my car become shaking & vibrates harshly...esp 90-100kmh range....steering wheel & generalized to whole car...further inspection by my mech show ALL my rims bengkok!!!...i don KNow how it happened...anyway repair them, condition improved a bit....still got vibration...further inspection...my steering linkage also caput....the centre rod, caster & others( i,m not sure...so many rod & joints there-all link to the steering...after change them 90% improvement...not satisfied (even after 90% achievment) i change the front tyres to new one....wallahh...all vibration disappeared...the ride is smooth as a 7 series should be....i think the tyres rosak already due to hold on the defective rims for a long period...i think if i change the rear tyres the condition will be better oso....my point is...we have to check ALL the possible components that can cause a certain problem...& one damage can cause other damages too if not tackle early.... cheers

Thanks for sharing. Had a E32 735iL previously.

http://xtracooljustin.multiply.com/photos/album/29/My_Dads_1988_BMW_E32_735iL

http://www.adckits.com.my/restoration_completed.htm#

What I did was to sent it to my regular mechanic Albert Fang to have a through inspection. Replace all worn bushes, repair the hydraulic suspension, put in a set of original rims and new tyres. Never had any vibration problems after that. Car drives like a dream especially when the hydraulic suspension is working perfectly. Being an IL it was a lot of luxury for the bargain price that we are paying today.

rizal007;355884 said:
hi all....

just wanna share...

for the last 3-4 mths...my car become shaking & vibrates harshly...esp 90-100kmh range....steering wheel & generalized to whole car...

further inspection by my mech show ALL my rims bengkok!!!...i don KNow how it happened...anyway repair them, condition improved a bit....still got vibration...

further inspection...my steering linkage also caput....the centre rod, caster & others( i,m not sure...so many rod & joints there-all link to the steering...after change them 90% improvement...

not satisfied (even after 90% achievment) i change the front tyres to new one....wallahh...all vibration disappeared...the ride is smooth as a 7 series should be....i think the tyres rosak already due to hold on the defective rims for a long period...

i think if i change the rear tyres the condition will be better oso....

my point is...we have to check ALL the possible components that can cause a certain problem...& one damage can cause other damages too if not tackle early....

cheers

Vincent Hor;355890 said:
Thanks for sharing. Had a E32 735iL previously.
What I did was to sent it to my regular mechanic Albert Fang to have a through inspection. Replace all worn bushes, repair the hydraulic suspension, put in a set of original rims and new tyres. Never had any vibration problems after that. Car drives like a dream especially when the hydraulic suspension is working perfectly. Being an IL it was a lot of luxury for the bargain price that we are paying today.
..been away for 2 days...balik kampung...wife's kampung tumpat kelantan..

agreed with u..mine is not on hydraulic but the ride is still exceptional...i think the ori rim & tyres plus the suspension play the important role here...put on larger than 17th inch esp the non ori wheel is not a good idea for this type of car...loss the comfort

yeah...the price is a bargain now...worth buying....even my mech is looking for one...
as for my car...i'll kept it forever....of course the recent model should be better & luxurier but my car still a head turner in a small town like parit raja (batu pahat)....he he he..

cheers

Top Bottom