My E30 - M50B25 6 speed...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Nico_E30

Club Guest
Hi all,Thought I'd update whoever is interested on the status of my 23 yrs old plaything. Originally bought from TJ on this very forum, here's what has been done to it:-Replacement of all suspension bushings and pillowballs, plus rear shock mounts-Replacement of steering rack+ repositioning (comes from an E36 and was a bit too high)-Replacement of clutch slave and fitting of a steel braided clutch hose-Replacement of rear diff oil seals-Removal of all ICE - who needs that when you got an M50 singing through a Hiop exhaust :)-Removal of cruise control unitIt still has an M50B25TU mated to an E36 M3 6spd gearbox, E36 M3 front brakes, as well as E36 rear disk brakes and BBS RK 17" rims. All this was skillfully fitted by TJ.In the future, It will go through a bodywork touch up, though it's not really urgent. The ABS system will probably removed at some point. Finally, I might change the final gear ratio from 3.46 to something like 3.25 or 3.15 to save some RPMs at cruising speed... With the refreshing treatment I've given it, it now is rock solid, razor sharp and pulls like a freight train through all 6 gears. I do feel like a millionnaire when I drive it, looking far ahead, past the badly cracked dashboard :-DHere's a pic of it after a wash. Will upload better ones later, this is taken from my phone...Cheers,Nico

Hi, Nico..

saw the car being fixed up at the workshop.. saw the ICE in the box, least worth 8kgs off the car...

As for the dashboard, try looking for Miepower or Darkhorse for a good one..

cheers..

Hi Pussy,
Its more like 20kgs off, there s a woofer, 4 speakers, 3 amplifiers/equalizers, plus wooden panels to attach it, and the cables :)
BTW, if anyone's interested, all this stuff is for sale. I also have a ground control front coilover kit, for E30 struts. Won't work on mine as It has E46 struts. PM me if interested.

Cheers,

Nico

fabianyee;561414 said:
why remove the ABS??
If it's working fine, u need it....

Well, it's heavy, and i find it a bit intrusive...My philosophy for this car is keep it as pure a driving machine as can be: Lightweight, nice balance, and as little as possible "gadgets" :)

I will keep the A/C though, until the day I move back to my cold Europe with it. :smile:

hope to see (and admire) this car in the flesh soon.. meanwhile, take good care of her.

Nice! Congrats on the purchase man.
TJ must be brewing up some ideas for another project :D

I don't know, never dynoed it... M50B25 single vanos+dinan chip = somewhere between 180 and 200, if I factor in the age...

Here's what it sounds like...And why I took away the ICE :)
[video=youtube;NjUnIoNH7GU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUnIoNH7GU[/video]

Prev owner joined Bolbo club already laaa

This car used to have fish bowl headlamps, VR4 side mirrors and the ABS - blood, sweat and many many tears ...

Use to run up and down Kesas hiway back in the mid 1990's ...looking for victim.
ABF xxxx is one of them ...
Spun after Duta tol - with brand new F1 tires and Bilstein suspension - did not hit anything though .
Had a good run with him and the KOSAS geng to Seremban - for roti canai
Was it below 15 minutes ?

Those were the days ..... :top:

Top Bottom