My Denso Iridium after 38,000km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fabianyee

Founding Member
Just changed my Denso iridium plugs with BERU Silverstone.... Engine more powderful now.... Then when I checked when did I last changed my plugs, it was 1 year and 17 days ago.... :blink: clocking 38,000km along the way..... Didn't have much problem prior to changing the plugs since power dperciation comes gradually.... Anyway, here's some of the photos I took of the Denso Iridium plugs, after I took them out..

Note that the iridium fine core is still ok but the electrode (is it wat it's called) has worn off....

Does that mean, we're getting another FR for BERU Silverstones....from you...in 1 year 17 days time????

Someone I met said he used it for about 100,000 kms before changing to new ones. The car was an MB300E (W124) model. The ground electrode was probably worn out even more. The guy did not complain of significant power loss.

Originally posted by ichiwan2@Jan 22 2005, 12:29 AM
Someone I met said he used it for about 100,000 kms before changing to new ones. The car was an MB300E (W124) model. The ground electrode was probably worn out even more. The guy did not complain of significant power loss.
I can still use it if I want to... Just need to regap the electrode... ;)

YUp, I think you can still use the Iridium plugs, just re gap it and then maybe clean the tip using some fine grit sand paper. Btw, I have been on Beru for more than 80k km, still good :)

So now we wait with bated breath, the Challenge of the Spark Plugs 2005 r issit 2006?
But while we wait c youse gents plis tell us what's the cost/ piece of the 2 types of plugs? Tq :)

Originally posted by 2cents@Jan 22 2005, 12:12 PM
So now we wait with bated breath, the Challenge of the Spark Plugs 2005 r issit 2006?
But while we wait c youse gents plis tell us what's the cost/ piece of the 2 types of plugs? Tq :)
the Denso Iridium I bought at RM190

The BERU Silverstone plugs are being sold at about 50 - 60 each.. But I got for a good price... ;)

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Jan 21 2005, 06:44 PM
Does that mean, we're getting another FR for BERU Silverstones....from you...in 1 year 17 days time????
Not if dis club sets up a task force to objectively test out used plugs in their engines for their said consistency & den give FR.
Cud it b poissible dat plug owners get so used to performance of their plugs dey still think their plugs sustain in giving der same oomph as b4? :blink:
I's volunteer but mine's a 6 potter. :(

Originally posted by 2cents@Jan 23 2005, 12:33 PM
Not if dis club sets up a task force to objectively test out used plugs in their engines for their said consistency & den give FR.
Cud it b poissible dat plug owners get so used to performance of their plugs dey still think their plugs sustain in giving der same oomph as b4? :blink:
I's volunteer but mine's a 6 potter. :(
have to agree that sometimes we won't notice the drop in performance until the old plugs are replaced.... cos most of the time, performance drop occurred gradually and over time.

For curiousity sake, I'll regap the DENSO Iridium and put it back to see how it perform... ;)

Like I promised, I regap the Iridium plugs and put them back in.... Perfomance ok, about the same as those Beru Silverstone which I just put in on Friday..

Which means the Iridium are still orite for another year... hahahha will check again at the next oil change....

Originally posted by kevster30@Jan 24 2005, 01:43 AM
Good Tech report Fabs!

I think that it's time for me to check on mine too!
no problem... I'm just keeping track of the mods and upgrades for my car... ;)

After driving for a day, fuel consumption seem to be good, or even better with the regapped spark plugs.... I regapped the plugs slightly closer than b4, seem to be working better.... ;)
Will let u guys know when I top up the tank in few days' time....

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jan 24 2005, 04:49 AM
After driving for a day, fuel consumption seem to be good, or even better with the regapped spark plugs.... I regapped the plugs slightly closer than b4, seem to be working better.... ;)
Will let u guys know when I top up the tank in few days' time....
Bro,

What exactly did you gap it to?

Top Bottom