My BAD experience with Sapura Auto

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

kl_mafia

Club Guest
Hi guys... just wanna share my bad experience with the company yesterday. i went there around 5 with my brother who has been there everyday for the past 3 days. Reason being is that, he couldnt make up his mind whether or not to get the normal 325, 325 m-sport, 523, or 525i. so, after browsing and looking at the cars, my brother made a conclusion that he was going to buy the 325 due to several reasons. anyway, to cut long story short, the female salesperson took out the purchase order forum and suddenly the sales manager by the name of Mr Sonny (a mid 40s looking chinese guy) joined us at the table. my sister in law asked numerous questions on the difference between a normal 325 and the 325 m sport. one of the thingy that she was interested in was the shark's fin antenna. this is what Mr Sonny explained:- 1) The shark's fin antenna on the 325 is fitted perfectly on the car, merely because the roof has been design a with a designated curvatures to accomodate this. This is not the case for the normal 325, therefore, you are not advised to fit the shark's fin antenna? is this the case? based on my inspection, the 325 m sport's roof is just a normal roof and indeed the antenna is fixed onto the roof without any designated curvatures. 2) Mr Sonny went again by saying this:-'' I drive a 325, and everytime i see a young punk with the same car, but put on big rims and the aftermarket shark's fin antenna, it makes the whole car and the driver looks like paria''. The point that I am trying to make here is that Mr Sonny may have a completely different financial capacity on beautifying his car, and his idea of a bautiful BMW 325 maybe different as well, but he in his capacity as a sales manager of Sapura Auto SHOULD HAVE NOT use the word ''paria'' to label and describe a group of people with their own unique desire to modify their hard-earned BMW to the way that they want!!! I personally spent RM16k on my rims and i know not many people would do that unless they share the same passion for BMW like me. I felt very sad and angry at the same time and immediately excuse myself and left the premise and abandoned my intention of booking an e90 325i for myself. irregardless of that, my brother still book his car from them. This is a typical salesman attitude in Malaysia whereby whenever they see a young punk walk into an expensive boutique or shop. They normally think the young punk was just a wannabe and was there to waste their time. I was studying in the UK for 7 years, and subsequently worked in the US for over a year and never in my whole life that I have been offended in such a disgusting way. I AM still very offended with his comment and I intend to write officially to BMW Malaysia and BMW GMBH on his inappropriate comment and use of words. anybody can guide me on how can this be done?

Let it go bro. People who buy expensive cars and think they are better people than others, they are the real parias. No point tyring to communicate with them. Complain with your cheque book instead.

to be fair, you were pissed off by an employee of Sapura auto..so in essence you have no problem with Sapura Auto but with the remarks of an individual whom is a representative of the company. You should definitely make a formal complaint with Sapura for the way he handled your questions. what will happen eventually to that particular salesperson will be no business of yours thereafter.

yup get the bugger into hot soup..

It may be a shallow statement. but in the end it is only his view.

The only thing this Sonny guy did is announce his shallowness. Nothing much you can or should do about it. Well you could tell Sapura to tell their staffs to keep their opinions to themselves.

What bmwky said is right. You are just unhappy about this particular individuals' opinions.

XXX said:
yup get the bugger into hot soup..

Jangan tuang minyak ke atas api. My concern only about the use of word "p%r8a", does he understand what he said ? I will explain to him don't use it next time .....

wei i suruh tuang suplah bukan minyak...kekekkeke

i tot we see many many of these ppl. sendiri kennot afford one blue and white fan, but have dogs eyes see people low. dunno lar.

next time hor, go ask him wot car he drive.... ehehehhe....

i push tea trolley... everyone's car nicer than mine.

My take,

Go for the Sapura Event this 28th Feb. Since all the big guns from sapura will be around..inform them and get this manager out and let him explain his remarks to the club...Period.

c'mon why be so emotional abt all of these statements?....just let it go...you're a professional....you're not mr. sonny

if i were u, i'd tell him that he just offended me with his shallow statement, and see if he apologise. If not, then you'll have a good reason to complain about him.

Btw, this is malaysia, not US nor UK, hence u can't compare.

guys...some update. i wrote to the company today and after 1 hour. I received a call from the head of sales who apologized and would like to meet up with me over lunch for a chat. he did promise to take action against the sales manager.

I like the fact that they are very prompt on resolving customer satisfaction issue and this is indeed something that they can be proud of. Agreed with some forumers that I am against the sales manager's attitude and therefore shouldnt blame the company itself. However, when we are at work, we represent the company and thus our self conduct should be aligned to the company's culture.

yes, agreed that we are not in the UK or the US. the fact remains is that we are asians who are supposedly to be friendly and more accomodating rather than making unappropriate comments.

thanks...

Way to go kl_mafia! :D

Glad you took the effort to write personally to the company. Not many would go through the troble to provide the required feedback. The company should know what its employees are doing to tarnish the good image of the company...

Btw, Sapura Auto's Chief Executive is Encik Mohamad Mohar Ibrahim.;)

You handled it well bro,

Personally I think we Malaysians are too timid when it comes to such matters, too shy, too polite and too understanding. Blast them and demand for an explanation. It's time ppl here stood up for their rights.....

kl_mafia said:
my sister in law asked numerous questions on the difference between a normal 325 and the 325 m sport. one of the thingy that she was interested in was the shark's fin antenna. this is what Mr Sonny explained:-

1) The shark's fin antenna on the 325 is fitted perfectly on the car, merely because the roof has been design a with a designated curvatures to accomodate this. This is not the case for the normal 325, therefore, you are not advised to fit the shark's fin antenna? is this the case? based on my inspection, the 325 m sport's roof is just a normal roof and indeed the antenna is fixed onto the roof without any designated curvatures.

2) Mr Sonny went again by saying this:-
'' I drive a 325, and everytime i see a young punk with the same car, but put on big rims and the aftermarket shark's fin antenna, it makes the whole car and the driver looks like paria''.

1) You did well in communicating your dissastisfaction. I am glad some resolution has come. You should always stick to your guns in situation like this.

2) Yes, the salesman's antics were unprofessional and yes you are doing Sapura a favor in pointing this out to them. They owe you one.

3) The way its set up, usually there is not much BMW (M) can do over issues with their dealers. BMW NA is the same, its the system. Writing to BMW AG would not be productive.

4) You might also need to point out that their supposed sales manager does not know much about their products. His comments on the shark fin is so ridiculous, its downright hilarious!

Here's the deal on the shark fin:

-The Sport model has it as it has the navigation system

-The shark fin is a multipurpose antenna. It serves the navi, satellite radio, telephone connection (if equipped), BMW Assist telemetry etc etc

- During the production process, there are actually different roof panels used e.g. one with sunroof, one without, one with sharkfin, one with sharkfin and sunroof etc etc Putting on a 'fin' is serious business and requires accurate perforation of the roof sheet panel.

-If you like the look, you can get those quality painted stick-on shark fins for your E90. Bimmian.com has some good ones, you might want to check those out.

5) I would push it and continue to bitch and moan for free stuff or big discount. :D

no need go bimmian.com for sharkfin brother's also got RM6 only ..

If what transpired is as mentioned by kl_mafia here, in my humble opinion whatever Sonny said is deemed as if Sapura said the same thing as it seems to me that Sonny spoke in his capacity as Sapura's manager and therefore as Sapura's agent; the circumstances under discussion do not justify the separation of the two of them.

kl_mafia said:
guys...some update. i wrote to the company today and after 1 hour. I received a call from the head of sales who apologized and would like to meet up with me over lunch for a chat. he did promise to take action against the sales manager.

I like the fact that they are very prompt on resolving customer satisfaction issue and this is indeed something that they can be proud of. Agreed with some forumers that I am against the sales manager's attitude and therefore shouldnt blame the company itself. However, when we are at work, we represent the company and thus our self conduct should be aligned to the company's culture.

yes, agreed that we are not in the UK or the US. the fact remains is that we are asians who are supposedly to be friendly and more accomodating rather than making unappropriate comments.

thanks...

Way to go Mr Nizam....may yout bad experience end with nice story...

kl mafia, now that everything is pretty much sorted out, what made your sis-in-law opted for 325 instead of 325 sports or even e60??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom