Msports Absorbers Serviceable?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Voodoo8808

Club Guest
Hi guys. My e90 LCI Msports 4yr old ride is producing mild knocking noise on speed bumps and I suspect it's caused by the abs. Before swinging by any mechs, would like to know whether is it serviceable? Or does such issue would just need replacement of abs mounting instead of replacing the whole thing? Thanks upfront!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BMW MSports and the standard absorber are non-serviceable. Original MSports cost about RM 2.8k each. Knocking sound over speed bumps could be from degraded bush of lower or upper arm and ask your mechanic to check these bushes.

E90 absorber mounting apparently fail far earlier than the absorber itself. Anti-roll bar link is the other thing to check.

Kindly update us what is causing the noise when you find out.

Voodoo8808 said:
Hi guys. My e90 LCI Msports 4yr old ride is producing mild knocking noise on speed bumps and I suspect it's caused by the abs. Before swinging by any mechs, would like to know whether is it serviceable? Or does such issue would just need replacement of abs mounting instead of replacing the whole thing? Thanks upfront!

I have that same knocking noise and after checking all suspensions, mountings and linkages, can't seem to find the source. Even changed to aftermarket suspensions and the knocking sound is still there.

Mavik said:
I have that same knocking noise and after checking all suspensions, mountings and linkages, can't seem to find the source. Even changed to aftermarket suspensions and the knocking sound is still there.
How about the control arm, tie-rod ends?

ALIAS said:
How about the control arm, tie-rod ends?
Control arms are fine, changed the bushes there also same noise. Tie Rod ends changed as well and still the same noise.

Just had a 3rd mech opinion and this one says it's the steering rack causing the light knock sound at driver's side. Whole thing cost 8k for new & half for chopshop..gosh!

Does the knocking sound originates from lower part of the dash (which the steering column shaft is located) or from the shocks/steering rack?

Sorry for the late reply. The light knock sound could be heard from cabin too. Especially over potholes but not speed bumps...wonder why?

is the knocking sound like metal knocking each others? when you drive thru the yellow lines will hear the sound "ding ding ding..." like your boot carrying the metal?

Top Bottom