Monaco F1

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Juan Powerblow

Club Guest
I had a good laugh today after reading how Ralf and Rubens slammed Michael about how he drove during the Monaco GP. Getting severely criticised by your brother and team-mate over one race sounds painful. Michael refuted them like a reciprocant donkey tho and I guess the "Emperor" was just having a bad day cos he can do magic on better days. In the meantime, BAR Honda is sounding very confident of their return to the European GP. With such a storming GP in Monaco, I'm glad the next GP is just one week away!! P/s - With team-mates in Ferrari and Sauber almost killing each other, I'm also relieved that Mark and Nick kept their cool to give Williams-BMW their best result this year. Hope it's the start of greater things soon!!

Williams better be producing more results such as this...as the rumour mills are working overtime that BMW may buy over Sauber! As the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire! :D

Originally posted by ALBundy@May 25 2005, 06:35 AM
Williams better be producing more results such as this...as the rumour mills are working overtime that BMW may buy over Sauber! As the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire! :D
I think Sauber is a good team and the increased competition between BMW's partners might strive them both to do better than the rest of the field. There's also word that Ferrari may supply engines to Red Bull.

I'm also wondering who would Button replace at Williams-BMW if he decides to leave BAR Honda next season? Despite Mark Webber being the first choice driver, I thot Heidfeld was the better driver in Monaco with that clinically precised overtaking move on Alonso. Mark needed 2 less effective attempts to take the position.

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@May 25 2005, 07:32 AM

I'm also wondering who would Button replace at Williams-BMW if he decides to leave BAR Honda next season? Despite Mark Webber being the first choice driver, I thot Heidfeld was the better driver in Monaco with that clinically precised overtaking move on Alonso. Mark needed 2 less effective attempts to take the position.
I agreed that Heidfeld looked a better driver in Monaco. Webber has been slow on the start in a no of grand prix as well, is it the car or driver?

To be fair to Webber, Alonso already knew that Webber would make his move after the tunnel, where Heidfeld caught him off guard earlier, so he defended his position with all his might. Heidfeld managed to do it cleanly as Alonso was concentrating on the back marker & didn't expect Heidfeld to make the bold move.

Once bitten twice shy.....

but how alonso responded to the move by taking the 'shortcut' borderlined on illegal move to regain position... but that can be a tough call for the race stewards...

Top Bottom