Mobile1 Gold Supersyn 0W40

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lee36328

Club Guest
I've just started using this oil today.Mobil1 Gold Supersyn 0W40.Just wondering if anyone else is using it.Yeah, I know the story abt it being too thin, and may affect engines w vanos... gues we will find out soon, won't we?I will monitor the effect on my fuel consumption and post it here.

i used to use it, nothing special. now using BP Visco 7000 5W-40 becoz it was RM 99 a pack and so far so good.

Very expensive woh! I'm big Mobil 1 fan till they keep on hiking the $$. I would say, it is a good sync oil..

Anyone heard of Castrol Edge?

Yeah, you are right man. Very expensive indeed.

I paid RM214 for a 4litre bottle.

Hope it's worth the price, by improving the fuel consumption for example.

smuggle a container from USA la, it is so cheap there. u will be cursing like hell if u see them in COSTCO.

Originally posted by ace99@Jun 12 2006, 09:53 PM
smuggle a container from USA la, it is so cheap there. u will be cursing like hell if u see them in COSTCO.
Aceman,

Got anymore excess stocks? Need an oil change before goin to Grand TT man....! Can help? hehehe... long time no see.

I've used Mobil 1 0W 40 but that is for an bi-turbo Audi. Its actually pretty good until I tried a better oil, Amsoil 2000. I heard the mobil 1 isn't fully synthetic like Amsoil 2000.
For track days, I've noticed the oil temperatures didn't increase as much as the Mobil 1.
As for fuel efficiency, I've never noticed any significant changes. But both oils are much better than other so called fully synthetic oils that I've used (i.e.Castrol ) But this is my opinion an d on a different car.
Yes these oils are much cheaper in the U.S. than here. I had to use 7 quarts for my S4. And from what you've quoted in the prices here, I don't think I'll spend that sort of money to get oils. Have to find a cheaper alternative.

Thanks for the comments and input guys.

Yes, expensive, but if it improves the feel, the longevity and the efficiency of the engine sufficiently, its worth it to me personally. If there's a similar alternative for lower price, better still.

Anyway, after 1 day of using it, here's my initial impression.

Smoother.

Quieter.

Easier to rev.

I thought my engine was quiet. It is now even quieter!

Will post up the fuel consumption effects after a few full tanks' usage.

Previously my boss brought in Mobil 1 0W-40 from USA, their bottle (silver) has different color compared to local (gold), and they only come in 1 U.S. QUART/bottle (946ml). Not sure whether their spec. is similar thou :dunno: ?

Originally posted by RedZ4@Jun 13 2006, 11:01 AM
I've used Mobil 1 0W 40 but that is for an bi-turbo Audi. Its actually pretty good until I tried a better oil, Amsoil 2000. I heard the mobil 1 isn't fully synthetic like Amsoil 2000.
For track days, I've noticed the oil temperatures didn't increase as much as the Mobil 1.
As for fuel efficiency, I've never noticed any significant changes. But both oils are much better than other so called fully synthetic oils that I've used (i.e.Castrol ) But this is my opinion an d on a different car.
Yes these oils are much cheaper in the U.S. than here. I had to use 7 quarts for my S4. And from what you've quoted in the prices here, I don't think I'll spend that sort of money to get oils. Have to find a cheaper alternative.
Bro, may i ask where did u get the Amsoil engine oil and how much for a 4 litre pack?

Originally posted by Lee36328@Jun 12 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, you are right man. Very expensive indeed.

I paid RM214 for a 4litre bottle.

Hope it's worth the price, by improving the fuel consumption for example.
For that price, u can get REDLINE as well...

Someone should try KY by Johnson & Johnson...also lubricant mah...Hahaha :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I wonder whats the viscosity? Synthetic or mineral? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

leakwoon,

if i remember correctly..its OW-40 la... :D

burger time!

:yahoo:

Top Bottom