Mileage reading from Miles to KM UK Spec

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

peckchoonheng

Club Guest
HiJust got my UK spec E39 523 today, everything is fine except for the confusing imperial units. When I looked closely at the mileage reading, it seems like there is a trace of "km" below the "miles".Does anyone know how set this to km reading?

I am pretty sure you can switch through your OBC. Aside from km/miles you can switch celcius/farenheit, 12h/24h time, date format etc.
Have a peek in your owner's manual....

This is also a problem for me...

Its the date part and the 12hr and 24hr clock..

If i set the date to be DD/MM/YY it automatically switches the clock to 24hrs...

if you change either one....the other will also switch....its like stuck =(

fuad4....are you sure? I can change my units on the odometer from km/miles at will.

nevermind, I think you're right...just looked through a MY2001 US spec E39 owner's manual, doesn't seem to be an accessible way. Needs dealer programming...

peckchoonheng, if u want to change from miles to km, go to any shop with gt1, plug it in n u can change it. u can also change the clock settings ie:12h or 24hr, fuel consumption setting ie: liter/km, liter/100km n etc. just look thru at the options available in gt1. much more u can change, just ask the mechanic.

kl2dc, for e90, u can change it without using gt1.

eddiefiola said:

Yep as I mentioned. On my post-september E90, I can also switch daytime running lights, autolocks, visual/audible lock/unlock etc on the move.

eddiefiola said:
peckchoonheng, if u want to change from miles to km, go to any shop with gt1, plug it in n u can change it. u can also change the clock settings ie:12h or 24hr, fuel consumption setting ie: liter/km, liter/100km n etc. just look thru at the options available in gt1. much more u can change, just ask the mechanic.

You are right expert! Got my E39 hooked up at Chu Seng at Penang. It is so fast, easy and so many more you can do with that mighty gt1.

Thank you so much, now I can monitor the mileage and fuel economy at ease with km!!

There is only one setback, I was charged RM84 for an under-15 minutes procedure. Wondering if this is the market rate or Penang's?

RM84 for 15 minute procedure may seem expensive but try finding out how much 1 unit of GT1 cost...
Of cos it's a different story if you kamching with the workshop owner, then can do for free...

peckchoonheng said:
You are right expert! Got my E39 hooked up at Chu Seng at Penang. It is so fast, easy and so many more you can do with that mighty gt1.

Thank you so much, now I can monitor the mileage and fuel economy at ease with km!!

There is only one setback, I was charged RM84 for an under-15 minutes procedure. Wondering if this is the market rate or Penang's?

not market rate... but Chu Seng Rate... that bugger is even more expensive than AB if you are servicing a new car... and on top of that... he says things and does another...

Top Bottom