Michelin pilot sport2 tyres

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kennykhow

Club Guest
Just changed 4 new 235/40 ZR18 Michelin PS2. Perfomance on dry surface is excellent but not on wet surface..quite disappointed. All sifus...any comment or gus advice?

Heard PS3 is better than PS2 in the wet. But PS2 is better than PS3 in the dry.

What is the manufactured year of the new rubbers?

Goodyear Asymmetric is a better rain tyre. Both PS2 and PS3 is never meant as a wet design because solid vertical block with no cross cut at all. How to disperse water to the sides?

You want wet, try Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3. I am using Yoko S-Drive as a cheaper alternative for wet used. Always remember wet tread pattern compromise dry use and vise versa.

Whatever u use, on 18" tyre, they all sucks in wet due to the large tarmac surface contact. The bigger the contact, the greater the tendency to "lift" or "glide" over water surface.. my 225 on 17" is having the same fate. On heavy rain, can't drive more than 120kph, that y I buy the S-Drive, but sucks big time in the dry.. :(

My other car, a JDM on 14" 185 tyres, despite having 20% left, can still manage 140kph in heavy down pour.. :top:

Speeding in the wet is exiting, even at 80kph.. :p confirm no speed trap too! :top:

I have been using Pilot Preceda and have found them excellent in the wet. My 530i is on 235/40/18. 140km/h in the rain and it feels like I am driving in the dry.

Realred78;548123 said:
I have been using Pilot Preceda and have found them excellent in the wet. My 530i is on 235/40/18. 140km/h in the rain and it feels like I am driving in the dry.

Yup, I had quite good experience with PP2. My contin sport 3 has about 40-50% left, going back to Michelin. I find the CS3 quite noisy, and quite a lot of rolling resistance despite of the thread design.

I am wondering should I go for PS3 or PP2(which is cheapest amont 3) or PS2 for ultimate dry grip. Rainly day, I drive slow & careful.

May be PS2, life is more important... ? But heard PS3 is quiet but yet has acceptable performance in dry & wet. PP2 I really find it value for money & a choice difficult to elimiate. Only the dry grip is less, vs my previous RE050 experience... superb tyre, wear super fast & noisy(very!). Negotiate a few hard corners & you will see the edge of the tyre peel off a bit. That's why so good grip.

Guys for dry grip performance, the sequence will be PS2, PS3, PP2, correct? (knowing I am careful in rainy days, so wet grip is secondary to me....)
I wonder how much of difference/gap in performance between PS2 & PS3, PS3 & PP2.

Any one can share their experience?

Top Bottom