Meter Indicators [HELP!]

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
afza said:
Thanks but I just took the car back from service last weekend. I even got all the Green bars back. Except there is this additional tiny clock above it. I guess I have to bring it back to Optimum to do a resetting. Right ?

If you get the green bar then you have just reset the oil change interval.

The tiny clock is another reminder to change some parts or other servicing like
ATF etc. Check with your mechanics for more information.

afza said:
I have a question.
What is the tiny clock showing 9 o'clock located just above the service indicator bars on the same panel strip ? It wasn't there before.

What tiny clock do u mean? i can't seem to see any tiny clock though.

The tiny clock icon will come out only when you are due for a more major service (as timed by the ECU)... I forgot what are the "more major" items, but I believe it is listed in the owner's manual (the hardcopy version, not the US version in PDF format).

Usually its for Inspection Service 1 or 2.

In the preventive maintenance program, certain items are due to change in Inspection 1 irrespective of whether the component is faulty or not, ie; brake pads, absorbers and etc. For inspection 2, more items to be change, ie; tie-rods, ball joints, water pump, thermostat and etc. Normally, cars fully maintained by AB will follow such a routine.

The mechanic probably only did the oil change reset. He will need to do the Inspection Service reset in order to remove the little clock thingy.

Al

Did you say you wanted to test your lightbulbs? Turn the ignition to position-0. Then press and hold the trip mileage button. Then turn the ignition to position-2.

Top Bottom