MAXXIS MA-V1 and GT Champiro HPZ

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ade

Club Guest
Anybody used them before? How's the noise levels and grip during wet and dry?Personally I find the Michelin Pilot Precedas are really quiet, but the grip is not very much....Comments...

Michelin Pilot Precedas r the quietest in its class....

Don't settle for 2nd best.. :D

A tyre man told me Maxxis is an American brand but made in Taiwan. GT is a brand name of PT Gadjah Tunggal of Indonesia and yes GT tyres are made in Indonesia.

Both are apparently budget brands (maybe the equivalent of our local Sime and Silverstone tyres?). I suppose they are subject to the adage "you get what you pay for", and all that it implies.

GT Radials have built a name for themselves recently - can do a search for GT Radials and you'll be quite surprised!

If it helps, I was once told dat GT is subsidiary of Continental whose mark in M'sia is held by Sime Darby. :D

Originally posted by 2cents@May 23 2006, 12:02 PM
If it helps, I was once told dat GT is subsidiary of Continental whose mark in M'sia is held by Sime Darby. :D
I don't think so...

GT Radial tyres are made in Indonesia and now some are made in their China factory.

It was reported in a Singapore car magazine a few years back that PT Gadjah Tunggal gets hand-me-down technology from an undisclosed mainstream tyre manufacturer.

aiyoo....Ade. Go Heap Joo Penang la. Ask them what you want to know about GT radial.

GT radial has a JV with michelin to produce tires using michelin compounds. furthermore 10% of GT is owned by michelin.

GT produces its own line of high performance tires using michelin compounds as well as producing michelin tires at its plants for regional consumption.

Originally posted by Ade@May 22 2006, 10:00 PM
Anybody used them before?

How's the noise levels and grip during wet and dry?

Personally I find the Michelin Pilot Precedas are really quiet, but the grip is not very much....

Comments...
im using maxxis 18" now,

my opinion is " Better Look Other "

bcoz in between 70km to 110km bit of noisy loh...
everything ok.. even price also ok.. only the noise "not ok"

hahaaa.. :D

Originally posted by Zoggee@May 23 2006, 01:35 AM
aiyoo....Ade. Go Heap Joo Penang la. Ask them what you want to know about GT radial.
All tyre shops tell me same thing one..

This one ok, that one better...pay more lo..this one even better

Cheap one..got..take this..ok la..noise also ok...grip there la...ok one..Trust me...duh... :ph34r:

i've just gone thru my 1st set of Maxxis Ma-Z1... i like the grip, wet or dry...but like the other chaps here, the noise is...well... anything but loud...but the grip in the wet is good..and its cheap!

i'm now trying out Federal...the thread pattern looks pretty good..so far the grips been impressive too...for a tyre thats about 30% less than the cost of Eagle F1's...

Depends on what size u r looking at.... some sizes the price difference is minimal... so y settle for 2nd best? :yahoo:

Which tyres la...

IF GT radial...go Heap Joo Penang

If Hankook ...go Keat Cheong ...they just ordered the RS2 Hankook,Goh Swee Hin Jalan Air Itam or ModernTyre Jalan Air Itam oso

If you wanna try Maxxis....ask Goh Swee Hin la. He can even find a train tyres for you la.

Top Bottom