M50b25 24v non vanos engine vibrate during idle..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anakin

Official Member
You can feel the body vibrate during idle..no rough idle tho...just the body a bit shaky..just a little but enough to worries me..
Albert seems exhausted...
- icv & throttle body service done
- hoses replaced
- engine mounting replaced even the old one still look good
- exhaust mounting check, ok..

Everything that contribute to engine vibration has been checked/replaced, what else?
FYI, the previous owner has done top overhaul a year ago...

Hope someone will chip in...

best regards

My previous car had the same problem, and went through the same process much or less, but still had that vibration.

Mechanic told me that the Exhaust was not original and was replaced, therefore the catalytic converter was somewhat resonating with the chassis which cause the vibration lol?

Have you checked your exhaust system?

wah Ken...I like your mechanic's theory.hey don't laugh bro.it's technically possible.

anakin's issue is not engine rough idle but a shaky chasis.....ha ha it does sound funny....shaky chasis....anakin jangan marah haaaaaa......

Idling cantik bang...just the engine vibrate during idle,tu yang rasa gegar body..

haha don't worry~ thats why I jumped ship to BMW hahahha...

But I do understand the feeling of trying to find the source of the vibration. After all has been said and done, I started to think that the theory might be right after all :stupid:

Anywayz I'd like to know why too!

engine vibrates on idle ... could be due to a soon wearing off coil pack / plugs

since you've mentioned that the engine had been top overhauled, try to remove your your plugs and see if there is vapour exist there or not ....if there is then highly your top head gasket is gonna go soon once again ....as maybe during the top some procedures are not being followed to torque in the bolts ... in the handbook had mentioned that some heads need to be torqued after 2 times and the last one after several minutes of running in ...

ICEMAN 68 said:
engine vibrates on idle ... could be due to a soon wearing off coil pack / plugs

since you've mentioned that the engine had been top overhauled, try to remove your your plugs and see if there is vapour exist there or not ....if there is then highly your top head gasket is gonna go soon once again ....as maybe during the top some procedures are not being followed to torque in the bolts ... in the handbook had mentioned that some heads need to be torqued after 2 times and the last one after several minutes of running in ...
Thanks Ice..Albert did suspected that something has not done correctly during PO top overhaul processed..but as it was just +- 20k km ago, pakai dulu lah..
Summore just found a nice 1jz VVTI n/a..in a E34, which just kena hempap pokok.... :59: :59:

Morning guys...just an update.

Bring it to another familiar workshop for diagnosis...
- found small leak on the exhaust gasket, replaced - same
- changed the TPS (used) - same
- changed the AFM (used) - same
- changes all the coils (used) - same (didn't change the plugs as still in good condition
What else....? :questionmark:

bro , is your shaking all the time or just in the morning or occasionally where and when its feels , as for me , you can fell the engine shake and if you are lucky the body also shake ..... lubrication and distribution of engine oil that what my mech said ...

From my experience with my x3 , it a weak oil pump , thats what I hve learn from my mech . when starting car in the morning the engine will rev may be above 1 or more and gradually decrease to 0.7 or 0.8 on your rpm metre to the normal setting , but when the electronic gauge detect that the distribution of engine oil is not sufficient ,the engine will rev up again until its back to the setting . usually happen when I stop at traffic light , that is what happening to my x3 now until I change the oil pump , ( now searching for the oil pump ) . its happen not all the time usually happen in the morning when going for short drive sending my children to school , but not for long drive ....

as at today...bring it to another 2 famous workshop..yet they can't find the problem..funny eh?

woww Anakin ..ya pretty well known to most of the workshops by now ...

hope to hear what's the issue it

Huhu.. Now I am also curious to know whether Bro Anakin has found out the problem and manage to fix it or not..

Update.....after paying my regular mech a hefty bill without any success manage to cure the problem,credit to BM Wong....(tukar mekanik la gayanya)...

hmmmm....so it must have went out of alignment when the PO did a top overhaul then....timing chain lari satu gigi?

moots said:
hmmmm....so it must have went out of alignment when the PO did a top overhaul then....timing chain lari satu gigi?
Yea bro...sort of..

Top Bottom