Looking into buying BMW, pls advice Sifu

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

adrianwang

Club Guest
I have very little knowledge about BMW. BMWis my dream car but i did not go for it because i can't afford the new one. And the old one may give me a thought of a lot problem. keep changing part ......bla..bla.... Recently, my friend introduced one of BMW seller to me, he wants to sell his YR2003 BMW320i E46 (80,000km) for RM140k. When i read the newspaper just now, i saw the some dealer is selling RM138k for unregistered. Which is better?????I am driving the new camry 2.0 now, i can't find the power feeling from this car. Is the 320i has the same feeling or should i go for 325i. Does anyone know how much is the petrol consumtion for these models? My camry now is 7.8km/l, very expensive for me to drive it around KL area. I am real estate agent, i drive a lot. so petrol is also a concern because the price may go up after March...... Please give some advice SIFU....Thank you.

You want "power feeling" and your worry about petrol comsumption ?
RM140k, and RM138k, what is the different ? That's right, is still a BMW.
Is 2k too much to pay ?

Heavier car and more powerful car is going need more petrol. Simple math.
Go for 318 E46 if you worry about petrol.
If you worry about money, get 2 E36 for 80k. If one broken, drive the other one.

Heavier car and more powerful car is going need more petrol. Simple math.
Go for 318 E46 if you worry about petrol.
If you worry about money, get 2 E36 for 80k. If one broken, drive the other one.[/quote]

You are so wrong my friend. 330i E46 or 328i petrol consumption is better than 318i. I have tried it. My own car which is 3.5 full tank town use will give me around
450km and out station easy around 550km.

That is because you are based on your own car, with your personal driving style, and your own opinion.
Don't give me "I had" "I tried" or " I did " craps.

I am speaking of what average car and average people does.
Go tell any Engineer that your bigger displacement car have better fuel mileage.
You are going to be joke of the year.

"330i E46 or 328i petrol consumption is better than 318i".... LOL :rolleyes:

+1 to that. din know higher displacement = better fuel mileage, certainly not true in my case unless with the 318 u hentam and the 330 u just let it cruise.

turbology;298412 said:
That is because you are based on your own car, with your personal driving style, and your own opinion.

Go tell any Engineer that your bigger displacement car have better fuel mileage.

Cant blame you may be you cant afford big displacement car engine. Maybee all those guys that i know who are getting good milage on big capacity are also joke of the year. Since you bring the term engineer go and ask 1 big car small cc more economy or small car big engine more economy.There is a term call power to weight ratio. If you put a 330 engine i a 7 series than not so good milage but if in a 3 series yes. At 110km/h 1.8 may cruise at 2500rpm but a 330i will cruise at 2000 rpm or less. Now you go and do the math before calling people crap

Educate hahaha. May be your american back ground have ways. Friend i dont know how long you are in this industri but for sure not long enough to know the fact.

adrianwang: since redbaron can't give any useful information besides his personal "fact", here is some info from bmw site:

320: 7.9 ltr/100km
http://www.bmw.com.my/com/en/newvehicles/3series/sedan/2005/_shared/pdf/bmwSpec3Series320i_CKD.pdf

325: 9.0 ltr/100km
http://www.bmw.com.my/com/en/newvehicles/3series/sedan/2005/_shared/pdf/bmwspec3series325i_m.pdf

330: 9.5 ltr/100km
http://www.bmw.com.my/com/en/newvehicles/3series/coupe/2006/_shared/pdf/bmwSpec3Series335iCoupe.pdf

Clearly, you can see a new 320 use more fuel than your current Camry.
Maybe I, together with most people and BMW, is wrong about more fuel consumption on bigger heavier car. And maybe you should join redbaron to SEARCH couples of lawyers and sue BMW. He is good at SEARCH anyway.

turbology;298412 said:

Yo! point taken and examples given...no need for agressive replies, dont you think?

Btw, have you done your 'newbie' introduction yet?

Lets not get into another verbal tussle here. Please. Turbology and Redbaron please show some forum etiqute and try not to bicker.

Adrian,

Let me share with you my experience. I drive an E36 325i and there are times I have swapped rides with Blackrobe who drives an E36 3i8i. Now I have driven both cars in both town driving conditions and long distance drives.

Now in town I have had great consumption with the 318i, but with my 325i I payed a lot more.

Driving down to Singapore or JB tho' my 325i impressed me. I had gone down to Singapore once with Al Bundy's (club member) brother and with a full tank from SS1 where I lived to the gas station just before the Tuas toll I still had slightly more than half tank left. Now that was well over 360kms if not mistaken. Now I was travelling no more than 140kmh at this time. Now with Blackrobe's car at the same speed I had used up more than half the tank.

There is a lot of things to take into consideration when buying a car. IMHO I would suggest that if you buy a 318i, try not to mod it. Not even with huge wheels. You will get the best possible milleage in town driving. If you travel out station a lot, then you may want to consider a 6 potter with a bigger capacity engine.

I am not refuting both Redbaron's and Turbology's claims. I just merely telling you my experience.

Enjoy your search for the right car my friend

Peace
Sith

My 525 has a better consumption than a 520 and my 2.0 Cefiro~~!!

meanguy;298702 said:
I think he is very familiar around here.....dont you all think!

Beware!!!!

aikss...come to think of it ahh...!!!! lets start ip tracking..hahahaha

ip tracking... hmm.. You can, but FYI, streamyx has dynamic IP.
i am definately new here. Bought an E36 from someone here about a month ago.

Maybe I came in a little harsh, but "You are so wrong" always start something.
I am active in motorsport. I am strong believer of "You learn something when you try to teach something".
I saw too many inaccurate facts and information. It all because of "I heard", "I did", or "I had". If you think someone is wrong. Prove it, don't just say it.
And you don't measure car fuel consumption just base on highway's driving.

No harm taken here. And please don't get hard feelings.
I am not always right. ;)

bigger car capacity tends to save fuel but it also depends on how u drive ur car

turbology;298736 said:
ip tracking... hmm.. You can, but FYI, streamyx has dynamic IP.
i am definately new here. Bought an E36 from someone here about a month ago.

Maybe I came in a little harsh, but "You are so wrong" always start something.
I am active in motorsport. I am strong believer of "You learn something when you try to teach something".
I saw too many inaccurate facts and information. It all because of "I heard", "I did", or "I had". If you think someone is wrong. Prove it, don't just say it.
And you don't measure car fuel consumption just base on highway's driving.

No harm taken here. And please don't get hard feelings.
I am not always right. ;)

let's try to be nice..... you can start by changing your signature bro....:top:

..nak jimat?pakai ler kancil wei.....ehehheeheheh..660...small engine with small body..

Top Bottom