Stepping into the BMW world

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Just research the E46 maintenance forum, and that RM10k advice is a good amount to set aside for the first year. Check the price list of parts from the forum so you don't get overcharged unnecessarily. 320i is a 6 potter so go for it....the difference in maintaining a 4 potter N42 with a 6 potter is minimal compared to the fun factor.

Hi
I would not dare myself to comment but just to share as an UDM owner (finally) after joining the the club for a couple of mths. Like buying any other pre-owned cars, an E46 particularly those aged 8 yrs and above is definately require certain degree of research made by the UMD seeker. I meant not solely the knowledge of E46 itself but, the most important, is the understanding of the target car you aimed for. It's the time you off your ass from PC desk and pencil out your "dream car purchasing team" which, I supposed at least consists of the following key members:
(a) Mechanic, whom the guardian of your car
(b) Financer, whom the prime owner of your car (of course, you officially own the car after fully pay-out)
(c) Advisor, whom the Guru to share personal experience or even a gut-feeling that could save your life

I missed the above formation in my earlier purchase but I would say I am shit lucky to get a decent one - Pre-facelift E46 325i (Oct 2001) at RM90k OTR. No major issue so far except for the change of a new Gearbox Switch (RM1.5k) at money sucker Auto Bavaria and other general repair/maintenance i.e. 4xYokohama Tyre (RM1.5k), 2xDON Front Brake Pad (RM210), Wheel Alignment & Balancing (RM50), AC Coolant (RM30) and 4xTail Light Bulb (RM20). I foreseen that my upcoming maintenance visit would be a change of Lower Arm Bush and engine oil/filter package (Estimated RM2k).

I thought these damges are quite acceptable, though, for an UMD. None of the similar price ranged cars either Japanese / Local could satisfy me (I'm you too) in term of the superb handling, road-eater 2,500 power and a "WOW" factor from people beside.

Just my 2 cents :)

thanx for the advices. My concern now is the price im about to pay for the car as i have no clue on market price for the 320i year 2000/2005.. been searching though...

Top Bottom