Local X5 - xDrive vs Si

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Alex88

Club Guest
Dear guys, May i know what is the difference between a '08 3.0si and '09 3.0si xDrive (both local AB cars)? I have read somewhere, and it says only the emblem different (to show the different year make).. but does it have any technical differences?Thanks

All E70 X5 comes fitted with Xdrive. So in your case there is no difference. On the E53 however, all models before end 2003 came without the Xdrive.

Xdrive is the BMW way of distributing the power to the rear or front wheels. It can be variable according to the situation. Non Xdrive BMWs split it 60:40. 60 to the rear and 40 to the front. This is fixed.

525i;763011 said:
All E70 X5 comes fitted with Xdrive. So in your case there is no difference. On the E53 however, all models before end 2003 came without the Xdrive.

Xdrive is the BMW way of distributing the power to the rear or front wheels. It can be variable according to the situation. Non Xdrive BMWs split it 60:40. 60 to the rear and 40 to the front. This is fixed.

Dear 525i,

Thanks for the explanation. Would there be any other difference between an'08 and '09?

Tq

As far as i know, the E70 was facelifted end of 2010 or 2011. The 08 and 09 should be the same.

What is the impact if the XDrive error comes on the IDrive ? is it still safe to drive ?

This one I really don't know as I don't have the Xdrive. But I would presume all type of errors need to be looked at.

Top Bottom