x5 3.0d (previous model) and other diesel related questions

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have used both the version of the X5 3.0d. I enjoyed both model. The latest version tops it all (done 70km todate), more horses for same CC with bags of torque. I use Petronas almost exclusively; no problem. Luv almost everything about this diesel SAV.

Hi guys,

How often would you advice to change the particle filter? How much will that cost?

Thanks.

X5madani;388648 said:
Hi Sixty Nine! :top:

As I have replied to Ben, I own an X5 3.0d which I bought brand new in July 2007. This model is longer by 7 or 8 inches compare to the previous model. The last 3rd row seat (2 nos) is only meant for small kids but equiped comfortably with air-cont. Road handling and cornering are superb, and the rear suspensions are fantastic even with full load of 5 adults with full load of luggage plus over-head roof rack carrier.

Perfromance wise, she runs smoothly at 172Km/h @ 3,000rpm and 143Km/h @2,500rpm (for comparison my 325i E46 runs at 142Km/h @3K rpm and Rexton xDi 270 {Diesel Turbo} 152km/h @ 3K rpm). In short, X5 3.0d is considered very economical for long distance.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGz-WfZ2TXY) and (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0waOOUNRHU)

The torque is great! No question ask!! You dont have to push the gear lever to the sport mode soon after tailing at the back of an overtaking slow down truck along the freeway. The kick down is as good as the X5petrol version or 5-series of the same class. If u are a bit impatient, pushing ur gear lever left to the sport mode makes the X5 tends to accelerate at any time without feeling the gear change. The gear swifts very smoothly even in the manual mode. Very responsive!! :top:power to the body weight ratio is the only factor that differs your judgement.

On the diesel matters, so far my X5 does not face any serious problems even she has reached up to 60K Km (except a bit of slight noisy tappet sound or maybe the belting sound frm V-belt especially after travelling long distance). Good start at every early morning without requiring to wait for warm up and no jerking at low or high speed show that all the six injectors are doing well.

The bitter experience I have so far was about the turbo hose that displaced from the system pipe/housing soon after I was acceleration out from a toll plaza. As this happened, the whole power had been cut down and maximum speed I could drive off was only about 80Km/h @ 2500rpm. I was made to understand by the authorised workshop that the hose clip displaced from it's original position. The problem was fixed within less than half an hour by fitting a snug-tight brand new clip. Ohh..what a pitty!! After that, she runs perfectly well untill today.

The i-Drive is practically unbeatable by any continental cars/SUVs. The navigation systems are up-to-date version and very useful to be used in M'sia & S'pore. The system could tell perfectly on the arrival time provided you do a proper setting before hand, and you will not miss any single turn. The bluetooth system works almost with all latest cell phone models/makes with clear sound and totally hand free.

X5 3.0d is technically designed for comfort, performance and user-friendly gudgets.

TAQY - X5madani
Johor Bahru

Hi Madani, I am Kin from UK. Do you have any info about the BMW X6 30d (UK spec) or BMW X5 30d (UK spec)? Do these models fit the Malaysia diesel?? Do these two models using the same engine?? I am interested to bring one BMW X6 30d from UK back to Malaysia but I am doubt with the diesel quality in Malaysia. Thank you.

Top Bottom