LED Tail Lights For E46 (4 Drs) Prefacelift & Facelift

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kw930

Club Guest
Seems like so far still not much discussion of the LED tail lights in this forum, so think of opening a topic to discuss about it here.

Currently there's about 3 pattern types of common LED tail lights out there :

1) RCR type

2) M3 type (RC)

3) Light Bar type

Which one do you think is better looking?
Which brand (DEPO, SONAR, Eagle Eye etc) having the best design & quality?

Are they direct plug & play without mod needed? OBC error free?
Some say the light may not come with the inner back cover, is it true?

For those who has installed on their car, mind to share your experience?

Ref link :
https://www.dectane.de/TAILLIGHTS/Taillights-BMW/3-er-2465/BMW-E46-2473/?TAILLIGHTS=Taillights-BMW&3-er-2465=BMW-E46-2473&cat=c2473&cPath=1751_1653_2465_2473&page=3

I'm also interested in this topic. My E46 is the facelifted version and I had the rear lights' grounding wire modified slightly, because the original grounding wire had started to melt.

Am contemplating to change to newer LED lights but I'm afraid the wiring might be different. Anyone have some experience on this??

Ken Ng said:
I'm also interested in this topic. My E46 is the facelifted version and I had the rear lights' grounding wire modified slightly, because the original grounding wire had started to melt.

Am contemplating to change to newer LED lights but I'm afraid the wiring might be different. Anyone have some experience on this??
hi

wiring is still the same, you need to make an additional ground wire to avoid the connector melting. Its a common problem for e46.

Top Bottom