Kereta senget sebelah

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hakama7

Club Guest
Dear frens..i have issue which need some advices here.- B4 my e39 is perfectly lowered for all 4 tyres with only 1 finger gap btw tyres & fenders.;)- after having some bushing changed (front & rear) & front disc changed, i found the tyre gap on theleft side is abt 3 fingers for the rear & 2 fingers from the arch while on the driver side remain the same asbefore (1 finger gap).:106:- went back to the mech, and they can't figure it out why? One said that the abs gone which need to be changed. I wonder if it is the case that abs will become 'taller' when 'kaput/ rosak'? :confused:- So frens, pls share your experience/opinion b4 i undergo the 'shd not be the case' operation heh..:rolleyes: TQ in advance.

Senget, jangan tak senget.

Anyway this is common problem for our car.

e39

ABS - antilock braking system.this system stops the wheels from locking up during normal hard braking or during wet weather braking so that you can still steer your way out of trouble.

what the heck does the abs has to do with the ride height!

my advise is this....if you haven't already found yourself a new mechanic,plse do so now!

and sorry as i have no clue as to why your car senget after changing the bushings.
perhaps if you can details the exact bushings that was replaced than maybe we can zoom in to the possible cause

Your story, I already know who has kena and settle already on the E39. Please PM Iceman63. He's got the answer to this problem.

hakama7;405755 said:
Dear frens..i have issue which need some advices here.
- B4 my e39 is perfectly lowered for all 4 tyres with only 1 finger gap btw tyres & fenders. after having some bushing changed (front & rear) & front disc changed, i found the tyre gap on the
left side is abt 3 fingers for the rear & 2 fingers from the arch while on the driver side remain the same as before (1 finger gap).
- went back to the mech, and they can't figure it out why?

bro,
bmw7833 is correct. It's rather common for BMWs to have a different ride height. Try measuring new cars at the showroom. Mine also experience different heights after changing the absorbers. The gap on the left side is always higher! Don't know why? :stupid:

Moots - i use abs for 'absober' heee..sowi!

wc - tq for the referral :top:

Bro Jerman - so i beleive most of our udm mmber who has this issue has solved it &
or do they just live with it? :rolleyes:

Jerman;405812 said:
bro,
bmw7833 is correct. It's rather common for BMW to have a different ride height. Try measuring new cars at the showroom. Mine also experience different heights after changing absorbers. The gap on the left side is always higher! Don't know why? :stupid:
Because BMW is designed as a left hand drive ka. D only way i know is to installed coilover.

hakama7;405815 said:
Bro Jerman - so i beleive most of our udm mmber who has this issue has solved it & or do they just live with it?

From what I know, most of us are unable to resolve it, so looks like we are living with it as it does not affect the handling of the car. It somewhat "disturb" you.......only when you park and look at it :eek:

It depends. Senget kanan byk pahala. Senget kiri byk dosa.
Dua dua senget, masuk mental hospital hahaha:stupid:

Jerman;405834 said:
From what I know, most of us are unable to resolve it, so looks like we are living with it as it does not affect the handling of the car. It somewhat "disturb" you.......only when you park and look at it :eek:

Yeah. I have had the same problem with last 3 bimmers, the E36, E46 and E92 and just lived with it. Of course, I still feel strange when I look at the car at certain angles after parking while walking away.... strange, like one tayar poncet.

Hakama,

Now worry bro its normal for BMW. It will look more obvious once you lowered the car. Another solution, always give ride to "big" passenger on the left hehehe

P/S: Thanks for the ctc. I called anuar aredi. He said no discount. Can u help to get discount or at least pay installment? Duit suda habis bikin keta lar:stupid:

BMW's are build with more for Europeon countries Left hand drive. The reason the car is lower on the Right side is because Europeons are bigger and heavier hence the height difference when a Euro driver sits on a letf hand drive BMW the car will level it self. So i was told by Matthias the MD of BMW Malaysia at the BMW fest in Sunway who has been with the company for about 20 years. Don't bother doing anything about it cause nothing will resolve it. I have checked all BMWs 1,3,5,6,7,8 series new and old. the roight side is lower than the left.

It's an eyesore but does not effect the handling of the ride.

My 2 cents

bimmer73;406082 said:
BMW's are build with more for Europeon countries Left hand drive. The reason the car is lower on the Right side is because Europeons are bigger and heavier hence the height difference when a Euro driver sits on a letf hand drive BMW the car will level it self. So i was told by Matthias the MD of BMW Malaysia at the BMW fest in Sunway who has been with the company for about 20 years. Don't bother doing anything about it cause nothing will resolve it. I have checked all BMWs 1,3,5,6,7,8 series new and old. the roight side is lower than the left.
It's an eyesore but does not effect the handling of the ride.
My 2 cents

Bro bimmer73, thanks for the great info... :top:
I'm started wary on my ride, recently. After slammed it down, my ride slanting a bit
on the right side. So, after the info given by you, I just can ignore it... huhuh... :wink:

initialM;405845 said:
It depends. Senget kanan byk pahala. Senget kiri byk dosa.
Dua dua senget, masuk mental hospital hahaha:stupid:

..then hope people wont call the udm driver 'mat senget' sudah ler huhuhuu...

bmw7833;405772 said:
Senget, jangan tak senget.

Anyway this is common problem for our car.
betul ka? my E46 also same, after change all 4 new stock absorber front and back also senget abit. i notice coz i take hose to spray the arch to clean them, but notice my hand is easier to go in from one side only. the other side i have to sqeeze my hand in only can wash, mukakakakka

now we all know...for bmw...
good condition working absorbers, car sure senget (Senget after changing absorbers)
absorbers already kong, car sure level (level before changing absorbers)
this is what i notice on my own car so far....

Just to add our BMW battery located at the right side of the rear. Our engine oso slanting to the right. So make the "senget" worse:stupid:

Top Bottom