Just Some "KEY" Information

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedy Timo

Club Guest
My e39 key when for a swim 2 days ago, and when to do a replacement today at auto bavaria sungai besi. these are the standard procedure;1. Bring along your car registration card (ga//rant)2. I/c (identification card)3. Credit card (Legal a-long card)4. Cash ($$$$$$$$$$$)5. Car Keysgo straight into the parts room on your left cos if you are not buying a car nobody would want to greet you (just my p.o.view) dont bother to think of changing to the nicer model keys cos answer is (no this is the only type):stupid: :stupid: :stupid: will then take a copy of the abve stated doc's and return the 1, 2, 3, 5 item to you and a receipt. In total paid rm930.27 keys will be ready in 3 days and will ask you to drive in for programing.hope this info can be usefull to you guys out there, my advice take good care of your key and this money can be better use to get your ride more accessories.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

yup for security reason, the above procedure is required.

Just imagine what will happen if the car jockey take your key and duplicate it without the above documents..

hahhaa...very farneee report...but very informative..

RM900+ just for keys....OMG.

hi, thks for the information. i always wanted to get a spare key as when i ot my uk spec e39 from the used car dealer, i was only given 1 key only.

however, i read from another thread that ab don't duplicate key for car not sold by them, is this true ? and it cost abt rm1500 for a replacement key (with remote control), what you quoted is abt half of the price previously mentioned.

appreciate yr comments.

cheers.

they will do it for you just follow the above procedure, cos mine is also bought from deale

Speedy Timo;246443 said:
My e39 key when for a swim 2 days ago, and when to do a replacement today at auto bavaria sungai besi. these are the standard procedure;

1. Bring along your car registration card (ga//rant)
2. I/c (identification card)
3. Credit card (Legal a-long card)
4. Cash ($$$$$$$$$$$)
5. Car Keys

go straight into the parts room on your left cos if you are not buying a car nobody would want to greet you (just my p.o.view) dont bother to think of changing to the nicer model keys cos answer is (no this is the only type):stupid: :stupid: :stupid: will then take a copy of the abve stated doc's and return the 1, 2, 3, 5 item to you and a receipt. In total paid rm930.27

keys will be ready in 3 days and will ask you to drive in for programing.

hope this info can be usefull to you guys out there, my advice take good care of your key and this money can be better use to get your ride more accessories.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
y not just use your spare?

Not sure what do you mean by spare? I suppose he does not have the spare that is why he went for that. Have anyone try to program the key yourself? I bought a used key from Internet, and just follow a simple 5 steps instruction I managed to program the used key to operate the remote/Centre lock, but of course it is not for ignition as the key is cut/used, now I wondering if anyone have got any experience of doing this or other way of getting a spare key instead of RM950 for Auto Bavaria?

I was told the key has two function, one is for remote/centre locking and another is Immobiliser. The Immobiliser setting is needed for ignition, while the open/lock is only for centre locking, so I suppose what i did is only for open/lock the door, no use for the ignition.

You can also have a spare key cut in local lock smith shop for Rm50, that again will only good for manual open/lock the door, again it does not serve the ignition pupose as it does not have the Chip/Immobiliser setting inside.

I will like to know if anyone have any experience using the used key to program to allow the car ignition? Hope to hear some sifu advices here.. thanks.

Zank

Immobiliser can only be programm by AB or any BMW authorised agent after verification of ownership.

Without the immobiliser, you can turn the igntion but the car will not start.

Agree to jarance comment, btw is their tech after all. Also i dont have the spare therefore have to pay and put this info here. Just my advise "loosing your key is like droping rm1,000 onto nowhere. **LOL**

Speedy Timo;269772 said:
Agree to jarance comment, btw is their tech after all. Also i dont have the spare therefore have to pay and put this info here. Just my advise "loosing your key is like droping rm1,000 onto nowhere. **LOL**

True, but if things happened like mine, kena hujan and lightning at Tropicana (while 7 holes down - very unfortunate), what to do. still gotta change. Luckily only remote affected, car can still be started and driven off. So I need to change also.

The spare key? i'm using the spare. my main one lost already. My lovely g/f kids used it as saber swords while playing jedi star wars.

May the force be with me...

Just checked with SAPURA AUTO. The same procedure applies. Sapura Auto sounds a little friendlier than AB through phone. Just gave them my VIN number, voila, they quoted me the details and price, of course at least 3 buck cheaper than AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom