it's that true

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

leodejoe

Club Guest
i heard one of my friend say the e36 can convert to 1jz motor , it"s there true ? couse i'm littebit interest . can any sifu there give me some information about this convertion ?

CAN...

My mechanic here have done that to many E32, E34 & E36.., his own E34 just converted to 1j with vvti.., he is very familiar with 1j engine.

Originally posted by leodejoe@May 21 2006, 04:03 PM
1j vvti , how much it cost ?
why would you want a 1J if you can have V8???

or I can help you with some aerodynamics convertion.

leodejoe, i would not reckon u 2 transplant to a different life such as 1j's, 2j's, rb's,sr's,etc. well unless if u wanna keep ur car 4 d rest of ur life, then b my guest.
back then since 1995 (or even b4) alot of ppl have had their udm engines changed 2 japs'. most of them regreted since d resale value of their bemeers dropped big time!!
furthermore its hard 2 get approval nowadays wit JPJ, once u mod d transmission's chasis. JPJ smart la now my fren!! u must obtain some sort of approval letter frm Putrajaya JPJ if 2 do so.
i personally went thru this stage long time ago- changed my e21 to an sr20 breath. at 1st d mechanic quoted $1,900, mau bikin tambah another $1,900.
fair enuf i got d engine at d price mentioned. but sad was when d car was ready, d total bill exploded to maf***in $16k!!!!!! due to mod flywheel la, balancing la, this la, that la, ekjoz la, timing la, radiator fan la, gas paddle la........& many more la la las. u know how much i sold for? c u made me cry la!
as time goes by, otak sudah tua la, image oso must jaga...i'd prefer no matter what series i c around, i appreciate who ever that german guy who started making these "ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE"
juz helping...

dude, if you want 200 hp cheap, get a jap car. dont spoil your e36. In fact how sure are you it's cheaper?

engine 2K, then fitment? repair? gearbox can fit or not? if cannot change gearbox then mounting? wiring loom? for engine? for gearbox? Then weight issues? cooling issues? WOW!

or

Keep your e36 stock as what the engineers designed it for. NO headaches, NO worries. Furthermore, a BMW is not about power. It's about the feeling of driving something special..right? ;)

To fit a non-original engine to your E36, you'll have to do a lot of work on the engine mountings. Unfortunately, JPJ prohibits any modification to the engine mountings.

but wat happen if u like the e36 model and dying for more power ? any suggestion ? beside get a m50,m52 or M3 engine ? I would said is depends wat u wan ! some people like the turbine blow off. some people prefer NA engine.

AS u guys know 318 power up to wat stage i wont be suprise leodejoe asking for more power and dun have big budget to buy another BMW 1/2 cut ?

SInce Wan520i mechanic are expert no harm go to the workshop have a look. Maybe they can sort everything for u like Axle, long shaft, engine mounting ect ect.....

for my opinion take it or leave it....

11477049615vn.jpg
[/IMG]

holy shit that was awesome man e46 with 2jz !!! where can i view this car ? can arrange ?

I have a friend who fitted his E34 with a 1Jz engine, chipped it, now its 350BHP so he claims, i still beat his ass!! in top speed!!

Top Bottom