Is this a official BMW forum?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Daniel

Club Guest
I just would like to know if this forum is monitored by BMW.If BMW is keeping an eye out, why hasn't a representative come forward to address these problems we have with their cars.They are asking premium prices for their cars, and for what? A car that can't even be realiable. Imagine their RRP for the E90 330i is RM438,000. What a joke. I can get a used 911 for that price.

Originally posted by Daniel@Jun 27 2006, 01:39 AM
I just would like to know if this forum is monitored by BMW.

If BMW is keeping an eye out, why hasn't a representative come forward to address these problems we have with their cars.

They are asking premium prices for their cars, and for what? A car that can't even be realiable. Imagine their RRP for the E90 330i is RM438,000. What a joke. I can get a used 911 for that price.
good point u hav there mate....

Before you go on bashing BMW, this is car club forum and hence has nothing to do with the AB after sales service support.

If you have a problem, just write to AB, and then next level is BMW Malaysia, and if still not satisfied write to BMW AG.

Rgds

Originally posted by Daniel@Jun 27 2006, 02:39 PM
I just would like to know if this forum is monitored by BMW.

If BMW is keeping an eye out, why hasn't a representative come forward to address these problems we have with their cars.

They are asking premium prices for their cars, and for what? A car that can't even be realiable. Imagine their RRP for the E90 330i is RM438,000. What a joke. I can get a used 911 for that price.
summore the artificial high price of a BMW is due to manipulation from our government....bmws are dirt cheap elsewhere (for example the USA). A used 911 is cheaper still there.

BMW Malaysia does monitor the forum. However, that doesn't mean they can reach out to every complaint posted here. Things needs to go thru proper channel for it to be looked into. The same thing applies to all car marques.

Anyone can post anything in the forum and not be accounted for. But if you sent an official complaint with full details and detailed list of complaints. Your voice would be heard, loud and clear.

will do that,
thanks!

but you know what, i am can already predict what their reply will be.

Its going to be the same as what the workshops will say about anything that's not original on the car. BMW does not cover warranty to cars that have been fitted with aftermarket parts, and that goes even to the point that a failour of any part can still be blamed by the installation of that aftermarket part. eg, if you fit 19" wheels and your expansion tank bursts, BMW can say that it was due to the wheels and not warrant that claim.

And since my car isn't exactly stock standard, they have so much options to which item they will want to put the blame on. But hey, look at the items on my car that has failed, nothing to do with the mods that i have done.

As you correctly pointed out, that will be the response of most workshops and manufacturers. So no matter which car you buy, you will get the same sh1t. And hence most will not modify their rides till the warranty period expires.

As an example, remember the baby that was killed inside a Perodua Kancil when poisonous exhaust fumes leaked into the car whilst the parents were away to buy some groceries?? Perodua washed their hands because the car's muffler was changed. But would changing the muffler cause the fumes to leakinto the car?

why should we be official club when we do not get any assistance nor advice from bmw?summore we must follow their rules n regulation...throughout these years since i joined i haven seen any improvement from either bmw malaysia or bmw AG beside having a few representatives coming to our events...we dun get any priviledge or so?sad things is a lot of our good buddies since last time had left the forum due to the limitation of speech n politics...i am sad to see all these...i am not targeting anyone here..just wan to let ppl know how i feel deep inside....n there is always a fight between what e46 gang n e30 or e36...that is why i choose to stay away from all these...we should be together but not discriminate each other...a young kid driving a e46 does not mean he is lansi or a old guy driving an e30 mean he is poor..we should try to treat everyone the same n no double standards should apply in the forum.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Jun 27 2006, 04:07 PM
As you correctly pointed out, that will be the response of most workshops and manufacturers. So no matter which car you buy, you will get the same sh1t. And hence most will not modify their rides till the warranty period expires.

yes and too bad for me, the warranty has long expired.
KNN :cry:

but you see, BMW is the only manufacturer that has mentioned this sort of policy to me.

My previous mentionable cars included Ford, Volkswagen and Porsche. They were very fair. Any warranty claim made will be valid if the offending part was not directly affected by the aftermarket part. Fair isn't it? :yes:
So to speak, if my motor blows up and catches fire, and its was caused by my NOS injection then of course what claim will be rejected, but if i were to fit a CAI with an aftermarket airfilter; then my warranty claim will be legit and accepted.

In the case with BMW, this will not be tolerated. AB Penang have told me that if i were to bring my car in for further work (at that time my warranty was still valid, but was about to end) i would have to remove my aftermarket parts (at that time i had only 19' wheels and sports susp). Seems, reps from AB KL will take note of the license plate of cars with aftermarket parts and key them into the AB computer, rejecting that car from ever being accepted into the workshop of any AB in malaysia. Thus, leading to the loss of the warranty and AB factory support.

If my warranty still had a serviceable life, then i would had been worried.

So AlBundy, saying that i am publicaly bashing BMW is correct, i am. But i have the right to as the product they have convinced me to buy under the pretense that it would serve me well was...... false.

Originally posted by Marco@Jun 27 2006, 07:36 PM
why should we be official club when we do not get any assistance nor advice from bmw?summore we must follow their rules n regulation...throughout these years since i joined i haven seen any improvement from either bmw malaysia or bmw AG beside having a few representatives coming to our events...we dun get any priviledge or so?sad things is a lot of our good buddies since last time had left the forum due to the limitation of speech n politics...i am sad to see all these...i am not targeting anyone here..just wan to let ppl know how i feel deep inside....n there is always a fight between what e46 gang n e30 or e36...that is why i choose to stay away from all these...we should be together but not discriminate each other...a young kid driving a e46 does not mean he is lansi or a old guy driving an e30 mean he is poor..we should try to treat everyone the same n no double standards should apply in the forum.
Yes Marco, I agree with you fully.

There was an incident in AB Penang a while back.

There was a current model 735il in for a warranty claim, the windscreen wiper motor had fail and would require a replacement. There was no supply worldwide, thus the wait was projected to be months.

Obviously the owner (very rich and influencial) wasn't happy, made a big fuss and was provided a brand new E60 as a courtesy car for the duration of his 735i being in AB.

So, imagine if i had the same problem with my el'cheapo E46. Would i had been treated differently.

The answer is so obvious i will not even say it.

1. The proper way of buying a car is to find out as much as you can about car and also the servicing for the long term??

2. Tell me is there a perfect car which will suit everyone's personal prefference??? i think not.

3. Know what you are doing to your car and the consequences of your actions

4. I guess if you use aftermarket parts from recognised tuners(by BMW) it might not break your warranty. ( This one i am not sure)

5. If you feel that BMWs are problematic, dont buy one or sell off your current one and get another car.

6. Does the pros outweigh the cons??

7. Basically writing how you feel here wont make a difference, writting to the above to AB, BMW MY and BMW AG may make a difference.

8. If the 330i is about the same price as a 2nd hand 911, get the 911.....I am also pretty sure that there are porche owners which dont like certain things about thier cars. There is no such thing as the perfect car. At the end of the day everyone is here by the choice WE made whether we like or not.

9. I am sure that they have a 'warranty rules' stated somewhere in thier office, dealer or website because they cant say something like that if it isnt available to the prospecting customers.

11. Remember we are all in malaysia....we cant expect things to be like other countries. We can complain all we want about the flaws of our country but it will not make damn difference unless everyone starts doing something about it somehow.....no country is perfect.... or if you dont like the country move somewhere else.

I am saying all this not only because of this thread....it happens everywhere....people complain but dont look at the big picture....there is always reasoning behind everything....some people can accept and understand the reasons but some cant.

I got my e30 because i like the way it look, its history and the way it drives. Ofcourse there are somethings which i dont like about it. But hey the good things outweigh the bad thing.

7. Basically writing how you feel here wont make a difference, writting to the above to AB, BMW MY and BMW AG may make a difference.

Why dont we use this channel to bring up the issue..
Means we use the proper channel as you all are Commitee members to forward this issue.

I think this is the better way rather than im personally write up to them!

Originally posted by portse7en@Jun 28 2006, 09:34 AM

Why dont we use this channel to bring up the issue..
Means we use the proper channel as you all are Commitee members to forward this issue.

I think this is the better way rather than im personally write up to them!
In my personal opinion, a formal complaint should be lodged to the Authorised Workshop and BMW Malaysia. And if no action or reply from either party, then we can use BMWClub as a channel to pursue the matter.

However, in the formal letter of complaint, details and chronology are important to warrant attention from them.

skar19,

ah, please do not misintrepret.

I am stating facts of how i feel AB and BMW have dealt with issues which are common in the motor industry. Every dealer/manufacturer will have their share of unsastisfied customers. There will be unforseen problems with their products, that's why there are such things as product recalls.

When Audi released the Audi TT, within a year they announced a recall on all Audi TT cars. The public found that the car would become unstable at high speeds in corners. The reason was the 'bubble' design of the coupe; leading to the lack of rear down force, causing the car to lose its back end when the drive lifted of the throttle. So the recall was to retrofit a small spoiler on the boot lid.

Same as with the MB A-class (if i am not mistaken). Didn't it roll over in switzerland when they tested the elk test? and MB announced a recall as well to sort out that problem?

Bringing this back to our BMWs (the E46), didn't 9 out of 10 cars suffered from faulty front control arms. Didn't AB only replace those parts under warranty only when customers brought the car back to get it looked at while within the warranty period. And didn't AB made all the customers pay for the items before work was carried out and didn't it take months for AB to refund the payment only after BMW approved the warranty claim?

Shouldn't that be considered a recall, where AB would have issued letters to all E46 owners to have that part changed FOC?

FACT: AB did not.

So, yes i am dissapointed with how BMW Malaysia and AB caters for their customers BUT i did not mention that i hated the driving abilities of my car.

Originally posted by Casanova@Jun 28 2006, 02:24 PM

When I bought my 2000 BMW 323Ci brand new in USA it was US$30,000 which is RM120,000
Seriously who would buy a Perdana for RM120k when you can buy a BMW for the same price?

Porsche 911 in US is about $80k or RM320k
BMW 330Ci in Malaysia is about RM320k, much better to drive a Porsche right?
Got that right!

A brand new Cayman is only 60+k
What can you get for 60k here?

That's dollar for dollar... let's say we are being generous and we convert it...at 3.7

That's 222k. That's for a BRAND NEW CAYMAN.. You can't even get an E90 320i here

I think so far the discussion here is about your grieviance or
apparent lack of service and goodwill from AB where you have bought your car.

I think there is without a doubt that this is an official BMW forum
representing the region of Malaysia.

Please change the title of your thread. It is misleading.

tried to but i can only edit the content? where can i edit the topic to "Buy a BMW, but when it breaks down, AB & BMW don't know you"?

Top Bottom