Is this a facelifted E46?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

overtime

Club Guest
Hi all,I'm a newbie here. Well, to be exact, joined the forum about a year ago, but was only a curious bystander then, trying to find out what the hype of BMW all about. Now about to own one :D. Hope the sifus out there could give guidance to a newbie like me.Two questions:1. I'm getting a BMW318i E46 2.0L, unregistered, Japan recon unit year 2003. Price, 134K. What do you guys think of the price? Is it reasonable?2. Attached here is the picture of my to-be car. Can i just check if this is the so called facelifted model of the E46? Thanks in advance for your input.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply! I wasnt really sure how a pre-FL model should look like. Anybody has a picture here?

2002 onwards is a facelifted version while 03 onwards r minor mechanical n cosmetic upgrade. here's a tip check d VIN number of d vehicle which is on d driver side (right) on d engine bay. Take d last 7 digit, e.g. WB07779, put d digit into a VIN decoder then
watch in amazement as it tells u d exact mth, year, place of birth, type of car, trans n etc. www.realoem.com
if d decoder tells u d car is older, use it as advntge to nego 4 lower prices.

there's lots of fakes too. easily can replace headlights and fenders to look like FL. 134 i think you can get a m-sport. go do more research before you commit. take your time as you'll prolly use the car for at least 1-2 years

Check the Vin number first.. Most Japanese recon have low "Mileage". Don't trust them.

As for price, I think it is a bit high. There is one for sale for RM135K (end 2004) 325i SE.. with 18" rim and body kit...

guru;341112 said:
there's lots of fakes too. easily can replace headlights and fenders to look like FL. 134 i think you can get a m-sport. go do more research before you commit. take your time as you'll prolly use the car for at least 1-2 years
agree with guru about the easy conversion from pre-facelift to facelift, to be safe, just follow what B33mEr said

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on the price too. The one i'm buying is an unregistered unit, thus i think it will be slightly higher. I know for the same price i could get a better model but 2nd hand. 2nd hand would be of higher interest though, so the repayment could also be more expensive eventhough purchase price is the same. I calculated, for second hand interest rate (4.7% i think), versus 'brand new' rate of 2.76%, thats a difference of around 200 per month. Jarance, the model you quoted is second hand price is it?

As for the VIN number, i checked this against the realoem website, i'm glad it says 03/2003, so the dealer isnt cheating me. Only on the mileage, i guess there's no way to tell. The car i'm buying has a mileage of 33000km.

overtime;341323 said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on the price too. The one i'm buying is an unregistered unit, thus i think it will be slightly higher. I know for the same price i could get a better model but 2nd hand. 2nd hand would be of higher interest though, so the repayment could also be more expensive eventhough purchase price is the same. I calculated, for second hand interest rate (4.7% i think), versus 'brand new' rate of 2.76%, thats a difference of around 200 per month. Jarance, the model you quoted is second hand price is it?

As for the VIN number, i checked this against the realoem website, i'm glad it says 03/2003, so the dealer isnt cheating me. Only on the mileage, i guess there's no way to tell. The car i'm buying has a mileage of 33000km.
i will believe the mileage because its a japan spec. ask any of your japanese friends and they will tell u their car is mostly low mileage

Hi all,

I'm getting confused. I browsed through some pics of E46 below 2002 models i.e. 2001, 2000, and they look the same to me as my 2003 model above. What exactly are the differences between facelifted and pre-facelifted? Anybody got an actual picture of pre-FL model? It could be the ones i viewed are the upgraded ones. Sorry about this, just wanted to really understand what are the differences.

Thanks.

go and ask the dealer who sold you the car lo.. if you don't know the diff would mean you didn't do research in the first place, and you don't know much about what you are buying. I guess if you don't know then it wouldn't hurt you right? so just buy that one that you like lo.
if you really want to know maybe you drive to AB or Sapura and ask? I think ppl here also lazy wanna type type here to explain coz it's so old news. there's a whole list of subtle diff beteween FL/non-FL, sport/non-sport, valvetronic/non.. but if somebody rajin to explain or find some prev posts and paste the link here...good luck anyway

E46 BMW Frequently Asked Questions
by Kris Linquist

Introduction / Changes

The E46 is the body style for: 1999: 323i, 328i
2000: All 323 & 328s
2001+: All 325s, 330s, and the M3 Coupe and M3 Convertible (There are no plans for an E46 M3 Sedan nor Touring).

The E46 M3 started production in March 2001 and has 333 SAE horsepower.
Laguna Seca blue (aka LSB or 'Smurf' blue) demos started to hit dealer lots in the Spring of 2001.

Q: What are the production dates and model info for 2001?
A: 330's started production in June of 2000 and 325's started in September of 2000. MY2001 ends at the end of August 2001 for all E46s.

Q: What are the production dates and model info for 2002?
A: Production of MY2002 begins for all E46 models in September of 2001. All 2001 models will carry over to MY2002. Significant changes from MY2001 include styling changes, availability of bi-xenon headlamps on all models, white indicator lights in sport package cars, in-dash CD player available at no extra charge, Harman Kardon sound system standard in 330s, automatic climate control standard in 325s, and availability of Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) in M3s after November of 2001.

Q: BMW replaced the 323 and 328?
A: The 325 and 330 have already replaced the 323 and 328, respectively.

Q: What are the official SAE HP/Torque numbers for the US-bound 325 & 330s?
A: The 325 has 184hp @5900rpm and 175lb/ft of torque@3500rpm.
The 330 has 225hp and 214lb/ft of torque.

Q: Are there any differences between 1999 and 2000 cars?
A: All year 2000 cars come standard with DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) rather than ASC. Also, For year 2000 cars produced after September 10, the following changes will be implemented (per Bulletin #00-3-7 26-Jul-99):
• Power seats with driver's seat memory upgraded to include exterior mirror memory.
• Radios will have clock function; as a result, an onboard computer function and the time can be displayed at the same time.
• Child seat tether anchorages added as standard equipment.
• Center console buttons redesigned.
• New key design
• New wheel 15" alloy wheels on the 323i.
• Passenger side mirror park-assist. If you have power seats and the side mirror switch is in the LEFT position, then the mirror will tilt down when the car is put into reverse.
Note- The exteriors of the cars have not changed.

Q: What are the main differences between the 2000 323i and 328i??
• A: HP/Torque 323i has 170hp/181ft-lb; 328i has 193hp/206ft-lb. BMWNA figures, of course. Most estimates hold both engines to be a bit stronger than that.
• 323i has a Getrag transmission, 328i has a ZF transmission.
• Rear diffrential ratio is 3.11 on the manual 323i and 2.93 on the 328i automatic and the 328i.
• The 328i gets a forged vs. cast crankshaft in the 323i. (Turbo consideration...)
• The 328i gets larger brake rotors 11.8" in front; 11.6" in rear. The 323i gets smaller brake rotors 11.3" in front; 10.9" in rear. Just for reference, an E36 M3 has 12.4" in front; 12.3" in rear.
• The 323i's content was vastly improved for 2000 with the addition of the Sport-Premium Package (now you can get niceties like reading lamps in an "entry-level" 323i)
• The 328i gets Chrome and body-color detail trim. The 323i gets black.
• The 328i gets 4-way power lumbar support. The 323i gets fixed lumbar.
• The 328i gets front seatback storage nets. The 323i non-sport seatsgets none.
• The 328i gets brushed aluminum interior trim; the 323i gets glossy gray.
• The 328i gets an interior electric trunk release; the 323i gets none.
• The 328i gets rain-sensing windshield wipers in it's Premium Package. The 323i gets none in any package.

Q: What are the exterior differences between the two cars?
A: The 328 has the following:
• Chrome crosshatch front grille
• Chrome trim around windows
• Body piece above front license plate is painted to body color

Q: What are the differences between the 2000 328 and the 2001 330?
A: Here is a partial list:
• New 3.0L engine
• Duel exhaust all the way to muffler
• New sport steering wheel
• 17" rims are standard
• Brakes are 1" larger
• Headlight washer jets standard on cold-weather package
• Silver trim around headlights
• "Updated" steering (more power assist)
• Coupes get titanium front spoiler trim

Q: What are the anticipated changes for the MY 2002's?
A: Significant changes from MY2001 include styling changes, availability of bi-xenon headlamps on all models, white indicator lights in sport package cars, in-dash CD player available at no extra charge, Harman Kardon sound system standard in 330s, automatic climate control standard in 325s, and availability of Sequential Manual Gearbox (SMG) in M3s after November of 2001. A more detailed list of these changes and others can be found using this link:

Q: Are all E46s manufactured in Germany?
A: All E46s except the 325i are manufactured in one of three production facilities in Germany. Some 325s (Sedan only) are assembled in South Africa. For a map of the three German production plants as well as the port which ships BMWs to North America, see the following link: (http://www.bmwnation.com/members/ausgang/Germany Map.jpg)

Q: What is Car / Key Memory and how do I set it?
A: Car and Key Memory is a group of preferences programmed by the dealer upon delivery of your vehicle. The dealer should give you a form to fill out when you pick up your car (or perhaps a day or two in advance) that you use to indicate your preferences for various settings. These can only be set by the dealer, but you can return to the dealer to have them changed as often as you want. Note that the initial setting incurs no additional cost, but the dealer may charge you for changes made later.

Q: I have my VIN. What does it mean?
A: The VIN consists of 17 digits.
Digit Value Meaning
1,2,3 Manufacturer
WBA BMW AG
4,5,6 Model
AM3 323i

AM5 328i

BM3 323Ci

BM5 328Ci

AV5 330i

BS5 330Cic

BN5 330Ci

BS3 325Cic

BN3 325Ci

AV3 325i

AN3 325i SA built

AW3 325iT

7 Country
3 United States model

8 Restraint System
3 or 4 Dual, de-powered airbags

9 Check digit
10 Model year

Y 2000

1 2001

2 2002

11 Assembly plant
F Munich

K Munich

C Dingolfing

F Dingolfing

E Regensberg

J Regensberg

N South Africa (currently 325i's only)

12-17 Serial number
6 digit serial number

Cleaning
Q: What is the best product to use on leather?
A: Lexol makes a great leather cleaner and a leather conditioner.

Q: How can I clean scuff marks off of my black leather?
A: Michael "IronMike" Huoh on A4.ORG discovered that you can mix lexol with a brand of shoe polish that will make black leather look new again. View this entry on the AudiWorld FAQ.

Q: Ugh! Why are my wheels getting so dirty?
A: It is common for E46's to "shed" lots of brake dust. Some of us are out there cleaning our rims once or twice a week. If you wax your rims the same way you wax the rest of your car, it will be a lot easier to clean them.
Q: What is the very first thing you should do the day you take delivery? A: Read Your Owner's Manual, and watch any videos you have been provided. If this is your first BMW, you will find that many, many questions can be answered by reading the owner's manual. Failure to check your owner's manual before posting a question on-line will likely result in at least one (and maybe many) responses like this: "RTFOM!" Downloadable owner's manuals in pdf format are available through the Owner's Circle as a free service of BMW NA.

Q: What are the details of the break-in period?
A: YThe first 200-300 miles are critical to wear patterns in brakes and tires, so be mindful. For the sake of the engine and differential, you should not exceed 4500RPM or 100MPH for the first 1200 miles. Try not to use cruise control and vary your speeds and RPMs. On cars with a manual transmission, use engine braking as much as possible. This can also be done with the 'steptronic' in manual mode.

Q: Should I really wait 15,000 miles before my first oil change like BMW recommends?
A: There has been much debate on this issue. Many believe that the 15,000 mile interval was more of a marketing move than an engineering move. Others have suggested that today's synthetic oil really can effectively lubricate the engine for 15,000 miles. All scheduled oil changes are free up to the 45,000 mile mark.

BMW has acknowledged that the present oil filter used in the E46 model vehicles (as well as other model and engines) will not necessarily last the desired 15,000 miles as required for extended oil service changes.

The filter's filtering media has been known to become brittle and break apart due to the heat and pressure generated over time. This allows pieces of the filter media to be passed throughout the engine's lubrication system as well as possibly clog the smaller oil passages and contaminate the engine oil itself. Also, it had been noted that quite often the engine's oil looked to be far less than desireable at 15,000 miles when the filter failed due to the continued passing of the media itself and because there was no filtering of the oil to remove the normal contaminates found in the engine's oil.

BMW mechanics have reported this information to the "Round Table" (a BMW information sharing team) that this is a commonly seen problem.

BMW has a new filter which replaces this previously used filter. This new BMW filter is designed to last the required 15,000 miles without failing thereby offering protection for the extended oil service schedule changes of 15,000 miles.

Next time you go in for your oil service, make sure your service department is aware of the new oil filter (part number 11-42-7-509-430).

Q: What type of oil should I use?
A: The BMW manual recommends BMW 5W-30 High Performance Synthetic Oil, Castrol/Mobil 1/Valvoline SynTech synthetic, and allows use of other synthetics provided they meet the specification API SH or higher.

Q: Help! I can't find the oil filter!
A: If you open up the hood, you will see a cap labeled "25 nm" near the front of the car staring up at you. Unscrew it and you will find the filter. You should always buy an OEM oil filter from your BMW dealer. It will come with a required O-ring.

Q: Where can I get an E46 repair manual?
A:For a few years BMW published most of their repair literature on microfiche; now it's on CD. To use the CDs, you need an IBM PC compatible. The repair manual CD (for E36, E38, E39, and E46) is called the Technical Information Systems CD, costs about $110, and contains repair information, technical data, torque data, and a complete up-to-date collection of bulletins. The repair instructions include instructions for scheduled maintenance procedures. They are are overall quite comprehensive and are well illustrated, but they do assume basic proficiency. The software allows you to print out instructions, so you don't need to keep a PC in the garage.

A: Yes! See below:

• Topaz blue is available on sedans (no additional cost except for metallic paint).
• Orient blue is available on coupes (no additional cost except for metallic paint).
• Power rear sunshade is available ($255 invoice, $300 MSRP, option code 415).

Certain special orders cannot be directly ordered through the dealer's computer ordering system. They will need to contact BMW NA directly (or the regional manager) and BMW NA will manually insert the order into their order system. Once the order is placed, make sure your dealer prints out a copy of the DCS inquiry report to confirm the special order option made it.

There is also a possibility to get other colors that are not normally available (other than exclusive M3 colors). The typical cost is about $2000. Contact your dealer directly for this option.

Q: Are the Xenon lights worth it?
A: Some consider Xenons a fad, others would not imagine driving a car without them. There is no doubt that Xenons are much brighter, although BMW's standard headlights are some of the best in the industry. If a Xenon headlamp "burns out," it may be expensive to fix. The replacement cost will most likely come down significantly as more and more auto manufacturers start offering them.

There are aftermarket xenons available but it will not have the self leveling feature of the factory xenons.

Q: The sport package has a stiffer suspension. Does this make the ride harsh? (Note: Coupes and 330i's (now) come standard with sport suspension)
A: The suspension is stiff, but the balance between ride comfort and stiffness is perfect. The sport seats are also very comfortable. I have never seen a post on bimmer.org where someone regretted getting the sport package (although there have been many that wish they had!).

Q: What's the size (diameter) difference between the different sway bar manufacturers?
A:
Swaybar front/rear
SP Stock 24mm/20mm
Eibach 27mm/21mm
UUC 25.4mm/23.8mm
ACS 27mm/23mm
RD 27mm/24mm
Dinan 24mm/22 mm

Q: What is SMG or SSG?
A: SMG is sequential manual gearbox. In a nutshell, it is a manual tranny without a clutch pedal. It does not incorporate the dreaded torque converter (which sucks up HP).

Q: What alarms can I get for my E46?
A: The BMW alarm is p/n 65-73-9-416-520 Note: This P/N does NOT work on the convertible (MSRP $300, $220 from PacificBMW.com). This includes a high-powered siren, trunk/hood protection, interior motion sensor and tilt sensor. It will also flash the "clown nose" LED located on the bottom of the rearview mirror.
Other alarms (such as Clifford) can be installed as well. If your installer needs a
wiring diagram for one, select a model year: 1999 2000.

Q: Can I install the BMW alarm myself?
A: Yes. Even people with almost no mechanical skills should be able to do it in under an hour. The two tools required are a 10mm hex bit and a T-30 Torx bit. Installation instructions can be found here. Note: After installation, you will have to take your car to a BMW dealer to get the alarm 'activated.' Most dealers will charge a fee, but it is usually minimal. It should only take them 20 minutes to activate the alarm.

Q: There is no audio or visual cues when I remotely look my doors if I don't have an alarm. Is there any way to get a visual confirmation or the "clown nose thingy" to blink?
A: Yes. Here's how:
1) Have your dealer hook up the shop computer (MODIC) to the car.
2) Go to the "Anti-Theft" activation section.
3) Activate the alarm, but uncheck the "DWA" option.

After this is done, your corner light should blink once when locked and twice when unlocked remotely. In addition, the clown nose will blink when car is locked just as if an alarm was present.

Contrary to the previous version of the FAQ, there are no permanent fault codes that are generated for the latest E46's (at least for MY2001's and later) by programming this option.

Q: How can I test my BMW alarm?
A: The tilt/motion sensors do not work until 30-40 seconds after the doors have been locked. To test the alarm, roll down your windows then lock the car. After waiting a minute or so, stick your hand in the window. The motion sensor should set the alarm off.

Q: What wheel/tire sizes can I go to on my E46?
A: Several people have successfully installed 18" wheels on their E46's, however it is unlikely that this improves performance over a 17" wheel. The advantages of a larger wheel are better steering response and aesthetics. The disadvantages are greater unsprung weight (may affect suspension response) and greater rotational momentum/inertia, i.e. acceleration and braking will suffer. Typically a +1 treatment yields good results (in cases of a car with sport suspension but 16" wheels, going to 18" may also work for you). I would recommend against putting 18" wheels on a non-sport E46 however as the suspension is not designed for that. The E46 can accommodate tire widths up to 235mm in the front and 255mm in the rear. Remember to keep your overall diameter the same! This means go from 225/50-16 to 225/45-17 not 225/50-17.

Q: What performance accessories are available?
A: Dinan has both software, exhausts and cold-air intakes (CAI) available for the 323 and 328. In addition, Dinan has software for the steptronic trannys. This software reduces the shift lag when using the manual mode and drops to 1st gear when stopped.

Currently, only Dinan has software and CAI for the 330's in production.

ECIS now has CAI systems available for 323s, 325s, 328s, and 330s.

There are also a few supercharger manufacturers for the 323/328's but have not been popular due to the extra stress put on the engine and lack of warranty coverage.

Q: How do I change the speed-sensitive volume control setting?
A: This feature allows you to decrease the speed sensitive volume with the HK system as well as put your radio in different country modes (such as Europe mode). This doesn't work on all radio options, but give it a shot:

On cars without NAV

First, don't be driving while doing this procedure.

Turn the radio off then on again. Dont touch any button except the 'm' button - the button you use to tune the radio frequency manually. Press and hold the 'm' button for TEN seconds or until the display changes. IIRC, it shows the serial number of the unit. Normally when you press 'm', the display will reflect that by replacing 'ST' (stereo tuning) with 'm'. When holding the 'm' button for this procedure, the display should not do this - you will continue to see 'ST' for the ten seconds.

Now if the display has changed, you are in a configure mode on the radio. If you press the '+' or '-' button you change modes. The mode you want will display as "GAL (1-6)". This mode allows you to adjust the speed-sensitive volume control. Use the radio preset buttons 1-6 to set the amount of volume change you want at speed. Setting 1 is the smallest change, 6 is the highest.

I use 1 with the windows closed, and 4 when it's a nice day and I drive with the windows open which makes for a lot of ambient noise at speed. The car is so quiet with the windows closed that setting 1 is plenty. On my car the default setting from the factory was 3 and it bugged me too.

Then turn the radio OFF to save the settings. Turn it back on and go for a drive to test it. The other semi-useful test mode will tell you the signal strength of any give station from 0 to 15 (highest). Use the preset buttons to change stations in the mode. This capability is probably used in the automatic tuning funtion in the radio.

On cars with NAV

Get in the car, close the door, and turn the ignition to position 1 (accessory. As soon as the monitor comes on, press and hold the RDS button for aprox 12 sec. Using the arrow keys, near the Tone and Select buttons, scroll to heading "GAL" (German acronym for speed depandant volume) The default setting will be displayed. To change, use the number keys 1-6, 1 being less increase, 6 being maximum.

Q: There appears to be some sort of sensor/light right beside my headlight switch. What is this?
A: It is a light sensor which effects how brightly the on board computer and radio lights are displayed. To test it out by getting in your car at night, starting it, turning on the headlights, then taking the flashlight out of the glove compartment and shining it at the sensor. The displays mentioned above should become much brighter.

Q: What is the red knob below the rear-view mirror?
A: This is commonly referred to as the "clown nose". It houses a LED that flashes when the alarm is armed (IF you have the alarm installed). For cars without the premium package (which includes the auto-dimming rear view), it also functions as the dimming lever- Just twist it!

A: Check to make sure that your gas cap is screwed on tight. If not, the SES light will be on for the next few days.
If your gas cap IS tight, take your car into the dealer and get it checked out.

Q: My car is almost brand new, but at times it seems to operate with the temperature well above the normal range. (Or has overheated) What is causing this?
A: First, it is NOT normal for your car to operate with a temperature in the 'red' zone. Do not drive your car any further than is necessary to get to a safe place to pull over if this happens to you. You may find that turning off the A/C and turning the heat 'On' full blast will help cool the engine until you can safely pull over. Continued driving with the temp in the red zone risks serious engine damage and perhaps even a fire. Certain MY2001 vehicles were equipped with faulty Siemens auxiliary cooling fans. BMW NA has initiated a recall to replace suspect fans.

Q: When I brake at high speeds, my steering wheel vibrates.
A: Many people have reported this problem for MY2000 cars and earlier. It seems to develop after a few thousand miles. There was a TSB released which I believe replaced front control arms and rotors. There were mixed reviews on whether this fix resolved the problem. There hasn't been many reports of this problem on MY2001 cars so it appears to be fixed.

Q: After it has rained, my windows make a loud squeaking noise when they go up.
A: This has been reported by a few, and they took their cars into a dealer for a window regulator or motor to be replaced.

Q: Sometimes my sunroof doesn't open or close.
A: It seems that the new E46s have an odd sunroof problem, where the car's electronics "lose" or "forget" its sunroof position initialization. The problem is most likely not the switch!

To fix the sunroof, note the position of the roof (closed, open, or tilted). Let's use the "tilted" as our example. Press and hold the sunroof switch in the tilted position (i.e. press the switch straight up). Hold it for 20 seconds- This should reinitilize and it should work properly now.

Q: Ugh!!! My E46 engine suddenly lost all its power while I was cruising down the street.
A: A few reported that while driving as usual, the DSC and engine light would appear and the engine would not rev on demand. BMW had released Tech Service Bulletin addressing this problem on E46 and E39 in February, 99. The solution to it is to replace the throttle body which BMW refers to as an MDK.

Q: What other bizarre problems have been reported?
A: In one person's Y2K car, they were driving along and the DSC light came on, then the car immediately lost power.

Here's another problem reported by Lorenz:
After somewhat hard driving, I'd pull into my garage and turn off the car. The oil can light on the dash (the one that turns red during the power-on self test, i.e. when you turn the key from off into position II) would turn *yellow* and stay on for about 20-30 seconds. This is after I turned the car off and removed the key. Putting the key back in and turning it into position II, then removing the key, would turn the oil light off immediately.

This was due to the fact that my oil level was slightly low. Driving the car hard probably caused some of the oil to be distributed in the engine, and the oil sensor found a "low oil level". Topping up the oil (under warranty at the dealer) fixed the problem.

NOTE If your oil light comes on while driving the car (it did not in my case), the manual says to PULL OVER AND STOP DRIVING IMMEDIATELY to avoid engine damage.

Auxillary fans have been also reported to go out. If possible, don't drive it any further than to your nearest dealership.

Note to those alarmists: Bimmer.org participants/onlookers are a very small percentage of total E46 owners. What you see here on the board are a vocal few (with good reason) who have problems. Bimmer.org is has been a place where people can air out their E46 problems and commiserate with those who have the same problems. Taken that only a small fraction (guestamate of

overtime;341323 said:
Hi all,

yes, it is a second hand..

Advantage of buying recon is that you can choose your own number.

Yes, new car have lower interest than used car.

Jarance, thanks so much for taking time to re-post the above FAQ. It really helps in answering a number of questions which i had at the back of my mind. Really appreciate it.

Overtime, try to go for 325i instead of the 2.0, trust me, a friend of mine owning a 318 2.0 told me that the engine have some issues compared to the 325. Something to do with the type of engine used. N42 engine. I dunno the details.

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_E46 for the engine details.

I know the company that wholesale import a lot of recon BMW from Japan and distribute them to all the car dealers in Malaysia. PM if you need his contact.

I owed a Japan spec E46 325i pre-facelift with sunroof.

About getting the real mileage, someone here said that if you bring the key to AutoBavaria, they can tell you the real mileage of the car and which key is it (key 1 or 2)

Most Japan spec car I have seen have mileage between 24K-36K only.. (mostly readjusted )

Also I notice there is NO multifunction buttons for Japan spec on the steering... is that yr case ??

I didn't read through all of it but the price is too high, I would say depending on the mileage and condition it should only be around RM120k for that year. Expect at least 50,000km on that baby if it is low it has definitely been reset. Check the electronics and clips under the seat usually they do not get to those area during their "cover-up" operations so if there is rust you will find it there.

The pre FL model have a front lamp,facing down,to the new ones facing up...
i just got mine,unregistered japan spec..
mine is m sport wif sun roof,i got a int rate of 2.45%(lucky me)...its a 03 model n the mileage is only a mere 23k km...

hehe,its worth it,believe me...

Sent car for service and all they did was insert the key into the gadget below and all your details will appear including the updated mileage of the car. It reads the information contained in the microchip inside the key....cannot lie.

16072008.jpg

Sorry couldn't capture the front angle as I was seated opposite the service advisor.

Top Bottom