Is E30 already has its era or its still going strong?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
vobs,

as invited by Fabian, you are most welcome to meet us this friday for TT. Fab, Kev, mine and a few others are for your eyes to see how we maintain E30.

Wow, thanx guys, Friday, hmmmm at nite bukit jelutong, all the while i tot u guys had tt at B king near the curve, saw a row of souped up BMWs 1 1/2 months ago which sparked me to look into buying a BMW.......anyway, will check the TT link for more info, and if my boss let me go home early, will definitely be there..thanx again guys

Lee36328 said:
Connected, if I may take a stab at it...

Take two points. Your brain cell. The car.

Connected means minimum delay and intervention between the two.

In e30, brain cell says go, e30 goes. Brain cell says turn, e30 turns, and your butt confirms.

In more modern car, brain cell says go, electronic throttle measures your foot pressure, sends reading to ECU, ECU checks w various assortments sensors and systems (ABS, DSC, ASC, XYZ) to make sure you are not about to exceed the car's limit and kill yourself (because killing customers is bad for business), sends a fax to Germany to confirm, wait for Germany to reply ok,
sends message to EMS to open up throttle, EMS checks and decides whether to engage VANOS or not... and after about 2 weeks, your car responds...
aaahahahaahHAHAHAHAHAhahhahahaHAHAHAHAa... you crack me up dude. Funny the way you put it... but in a way it has truth in it!

Yeah man... hahahaha... there was no better way to put it... it was perfect..
it must be honoured as quote of the year... kakakaka

E30 have the aura that gives the evergreen look and evergreen taste of the car...........for those E30 lover never sell your car keep it and manitain it if you can efford it

If you can afford it? meaning maintenance kau kau expensive issit.....me now still deciding, more on the E30 over JDM now....

vobs said:
Wow, thanx guys, Friday, hmmmm at nite bukit jelutong, all the while i tot u guys had tt at B king near the curve, saw a row of souped up BMWs 1 1/2 months ago which sparked me to look into buying a BMW.......anyway, will check the TT link for more info, and if my boss let me go home early, will definitely be there..thanx again guys

Official TT is at MMZ Bkt Jelutong. Wanna see real souped out cars, come to TT then. :D :D :D

vobs,

i think E30 shld be the best choice bro u'll never regret ........c u at the TT

really dun know the intent of this thread and this is apparent in the replies as well.

pls see how many registered e30 drivers there are.....which u will find in the 3 series thread, to get a hint on the answers u r seeking - whoever who posted this Q.

e30 to some are classics, to some, just an old continental.....so it's a personal choice at end of the day.

I am clear what my old e30 is to me.....its a Driving Legend.

yeap yeap, now looking at it:) thanx, oh btw, can anyone refer me a link to forum discussing on maintenance cost of E30 or bmw?

Just saw one of the best pre-facelift E30's put onto the market. 30+K. I think it belongs to one of the chaps at hokomoto. Calvin Tan was raving how much he spent on his ride. Anyway add was in the car-trade magazine (not motortrader, other one). For those ppl wanting to get into e30's with all the bells and whistles, this is your chance.

zaskar said:
Just saw one of the best pre-facelift E30's put onto the market. 30+K. I think it belongs to one of the chaps at hokomoto. Calvin Tan was raving how much he spent on his ride. Anyway add was in the car-trade magazine (not motortrader, other one). For those ppl wanting to get into e30's with all the bells and whistles, this is your chance.
If it's the black E30...
That car has been stripped and restored from bare bone...
All the rubber bits has been changed. Definitely worth considering.

tenk u tenk u guys, still deciding, but my decision is swaying to E30 already

bro fabian do u know where is the car located at? actually im looking for one as my project car but if the car has been moded so sure wash my leg rite......

What ever VOBs... I have been driving e30 the last 71/2years and enjoying it day or night at any distance north to south never fail me on the road, let what others say old or what I will still love e30s even I have plans to go for newer models soon I will still keep my e30 the rest of my life. I agreed with all the sifus saying 100%.

hmmm, i guess E30 still a drivers car, looking from the support in this forum as well as other verbal remarks, i guess i will too go look for one :) but fabian bro, cant make it as i have company dinner this friday, will soon make an appearance if i manage to get one on my budget:) thanx all

Don't buy one bcos of what we said.. go look around to sample and get a feel of the different conditions of the cars.

Dont want u to jump the gun and ended up with a lemon.

again....

look at my signature pic la....buy yet or not!!??? heee..eheee..

thanx bro, dont worry, of course will get a feel first

well, some say without reasons, some say it with reason, and my decision is based on how i felt driving the coupe E30 plus the reasons u guys gave me...i will go and double check on the feel before buying it for sure.....if ngam take, if not JDM lo

Thanx to all u guys for the opinions

Top Bottom