Is E30 already has its era or its still going strong?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i guess im looking for one also for my project car & stil hoping tat the E30 shld have moded evrthg..........got one in jb belongs to forummer but stil looking then......drove E30 for 4 yrs last time but stil hav the strong feeling abt E30 man.....

I got the feeling vobs has never driven one! Drive one and see... no words need describe. I love my car, old or not... it's still in great shape. Although needs some body work. I drive it everyday and I feel safe in it..

Oi Fabs, if got e30 sifus gathering, I also want to listen la..

To answer the original poster's question, the E30 will continue to live for a long time. It has plenty of mod potential, parts abundance and pretty affordable to own one. One of the best BMWs ever built.

Zoggee said:
Get a toyota la....

So Zoggee:) which will it be

Toyota Mark2 Jzx80 with 1jz twin turbo, or E30 coupe with 2.5 six inside:)

pakupakis said:
I got the feeling vobs has never driven one! Drive one and see... no words need describe. I love my car, old or not... it's still in great shape. Although needs some body work. I drive it everyday and I feel safe in it..

Oi Fabs, if got e30 sifus gathering, I also want to listen la..

Well, i have one semi modded E30 coupe under my name actually, but my parents been driving it most of the time, was thinking to take back that coupe as a hobby/mod car.....but do not know whether its worth it or not.......on the other hand, would love to own a turbo jdm as well...

Thats why i popped up a question to further survey whether issit worth it to mod UDMs or JDMs, but i cant give such direct question to a UDM forum as it will stray one side:)

Thus, will E30 live on for another 5 years? 10? 15? etc

Fabian, thanx for everything, but dont think will make it this time around as i have not decided on UDM vs JDM:)

vobs, have you driven one or being in one before?

There are people who likes e21, e30, e28, e34, e36, e46 for their very own reason.

For E30 if you ask, it's the "connected" feeling. If I were to explain "connected", it means, the sitting position, the steering feel, the way how the car drives, how the car react when you twitch or turn, when you floor the car, and more and more. I would say, it's the character which makes each e30 owner feel proud owning one.

Price, i think you can throw that out of the window. It's doesn't matter if the car price is going down, in this day and age, there is no value for any x amount of money ppl put in to the cars, be in e30, e21, e28 and etc etc. Therefore, I call this priceless. Money doesn't spell out everything about cars.

To me, it doesn't matter what the market says, my friends say, or anyone says, as long as you are happy owning one, that matters. So, value of E30 is subjective, it depends whether are you in love with the car ?

Are you ?

yeap, driven one as said, its just like any other bmws as said. and your statement brought up another question (no harm and sarcasm intended), i just ask whatever i see.

in love with the car, used to until i dont see much that are modded the nice way, seen alot of e30s in the car mag, hmm some are pretty nice, but most are like just came out from 'brothers' accesory shop...i may be wrong, but seeing most e30s modded in such cheap ways, you will have the feeling that are there any serious modders for e30s in the community? or its just a dozen of u only? if only few serious modder, then for what.....but as said, I may be wrong, thats why i came in here to check and educate myself....:) but hey, thanks to all ya....still deciding, im in love wit both U and J, confused!

don't think this online discussion would be going anywhere...

As for TT, it doesn't matter whether you're decided or not, come join us anyway if u really want to know more why we rave about the E30. Then you'll have more info to make your educated choice.

anyway, to all E30 enthusiasts, come for TT this friday anyway... We'll have our E30 TT at the weekly TT at Bukit Jelutong...

btw guys, i'm bringing along two friends to check out e30s this tt, group of 4 wants to decide e30 for project cars... muahahahaha

Calling all E30 owners... be at Jelutong this Friday!

(Hope I can make it :p)

connected my own defination is "RAW POWER AND HANDLING" no facy electronic helping to drive the car. realiable enough,
i was same wit you last time , wandering why people still want to buy old cars there is some satisfaction tht some newer cars cannot provide
i still dont know how to discribe the feeling ..........

Power doesn't come cheap...
I've spent a bomb oso la....the power gained is not that hoo haa...

BMW is good...but beware!! The performance parts are not cheap to come by.
Save the money an get fully modded E30s like Alvin's 320i,Calvin Tan's Meanest E30 in South East Asia. OR just go buy The E36M3....far more worth it.

or ask Mr. Google on E30M3 or the M10 engine. Thats the engine which still wins races today.

Connected, if I may take a stab at it...

Take two points. Your brain cell. The car.

Connected means minimum delay and intervention between the two.

In e30, brain cell says go, e30 goes. Brain cell says turn, e30 turns, and your butt confirms.

In more modern car, brain cell says go, electronic throttle measures your foot pressure, sends reading to ECU, ECU checks w various assortments sensors and systems (ABS, DSC, ASC, XYZ) to make sure you are not about to exceed the car's limit and kill yourself (because killing customers is bad for business), sends a fax to Germany to confirm, wait for Germany to reply ok,
sends message to EMS to open up throttle, EMS checks and decides whether to engage VANOS or not... and after about 2 weeks, your car responds...

Lee36328 said:
Connected, if I may take a stab at it...

Take two points. Your brain cell. The car.

Connected means minimum delay and intervention between the two.

In e30, brain cell says go, e30 goes. Brain cell says turn, e30 turns, and your butt confirms.

In more modern car, brain cell says go, electronic throttle measures your foot pressure, sends reading to ECU, ECU checks w various assortments sensors and systems (ABS, DSC, ASC, XYZ) to make sure you are not about to exceed the car's limit and kill yourself (because killing customers is bad for business), sends a fax to Germany to confirm, wait for Germany to reply ok,
sends message to EMS to open up throttle, EMS checks and decides whether to engage VANOS or not... and after about 2 weeks, your car responds...

OMG - u cracked my up ... :D

Some ppl loves E30, some ppl loves E36 .. some ppl loves E21 ..
Each and everyone has their own reason - which sometimes even we dun understand. It's their 'heart and soul' and we are not here to question the validity of their preference.

Top Bottom