Is E30 already has its era or its still going strong?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vobs

Club Guest
So guys, im not sure u guys already discussed this but this is my question, is E30 model already in the "classic car" category, or issit still in good demand for tuning? Sifus do let me know what u guys think? thanx alot

A car needs to be at least 25 years old to be classified as a classic car. As such, the earliest 1983 models have another 2 years to go.

oh ok:)

so u mean that the 83 e30 or any e30 model will become a bargain car (drop in price) after two years?

i dont think tht e30 has lost its era , i still feels tht the car is still a drivers car , sometimes i still feels tht i will buy the car for sake of keeping it and drive it once in a while (once i have the money).

Hmmm, quite true, been seeing alot of modded ones on the street, but what made it still a "driver's car" (in demand)? issit the design? the price of the car? abundance parts? cost efficient? comfort? or ppl foresee the car's price will never go down? etc???? any owners or sifus know?

It's the evergreen look and the 'connected' feel of the car with the driver made it my choice. Not forgetting the grin after driving it to Ulu Yam and back...

e30 definately still rocks... it'll be my project car in the future.. not too far i hope

fabianyee said:
It's the evergreen look and the 'connected' feel of the car with the driver made it my choice. Not forgetting the grin after driving it to Ulu Yam and back...

hmmmm, EVERGREEN? meaning the design still looks good? hmmm connected, now that is what i dont understand, connected as in? sorry, newbie here so dunno much jargons:)

Though i heard alot of ppl love the e30s but still not convinced cos theres no concrete reason to why, even most orang putih already migrated to modding e36 instead and considered e30 as already classic, does that mean e30 will slowly go down in price or maybe the scrapyard?. though some cars still be in demand even its old for e.g some cars fetch a price due to blooming sports that requires that kinda car, some still sell eventhough its ugly cos got support from some agency. But what e30 have that will prove in terms of tangible reasons not in terms of feelings towards the car?

Just bringing out a topic for discussion to further understand the value of e30:) no harm intended as i love bmws too

you ask so much oso won't get you anywhere, sit in one and you're know why. Better still, test drive a fine example and you'll be enlightened.

fabianyee said:
you ask so much oso won't get you anywhere, sit in one and you're know why. Better still, test drive a fine example and you'll be enlightened.

Yup, drove one, just like any bmws driven, so what so special? maybe i did not notice the sheer pleasure of driving one, anyone care to tell me please? keen future owner of e30 coupe here asking for help, not asking alot!

esterix said:
A car needs to be at least 25 years old to be classified as a classic car. As such, the earliest 1983 models have another 2 years to go.

the jpj definition of 'classic car' is that it muct be unadulterated in any form includin the engine..therefore if you want to qualify for the clasic car 'roadtax' reduction the car must be in its original state when it was new...no modding with bodykits..and engine as well..

Come join us for our Weekly TT on Friday night to find out more...

If you can come, I'll try to get all the E30 enthusiasts to help you out...

oh thanx alot, will definitely be there if no need work overtime, ermmm, which link should i check regularly to see where the TT will be?

The e30 is still going strong but as a cult car......this is the car that vaulted BMW into the realms of commercial success.

The e30 is still one of the best models to sample BMWs core values of dynamics, performance and prestige. Find a good example, take it for a spirited drive and all will be revealed. Be warned that the novice driver need not apply as it requires 100% driver commitment. This is a car that was designed in an era where ABS, multi-link suspension and DSC did not exist yet.

The e30 will always and still is honoured for what it is: a true driver's car that provides a driving experience that WILL rival many cars today. It may not have 300bhp nor does it have forgiving handling characteristics, but it will undoubtedly allow you to experience what 'driver involvment' means.

As BMW afficiandoes, the BMW experience will never be complete without the e30 experience.

WORD!!! So its "cult", "core value of dynamics, performance and prestige", hmmmm WELL SAID!

So issit a weekend car, or can it be daily driven since i hear ppl say E30 is toooo old for some to enjoy:)

bro, like what was mentioned earlier, drive it for yourself. just confirm for tt and fabian will arrange the rest... hopefully you'll get to sit in one complimentary round with zoggee... kakaka

Calling zoggee

vobs said:
WORD!!! So its "cult", "core value of dynamics, performance and prestige", hmmmm WELL SAID!

So issit a weekend car, or can it be daily driven since i hear ppl say E30 is toooo old for some to enjoy:)

My daily driver. No issues.

Top Bottom