Info Needed!!! 528i WJS 2283

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
InitialM: looking for an early model E39 528i. Am a big guy so the E46 doesn't quite do the trick for me as it feels a lil cramped. Totally understand how you feel as i'm in the midst of looking for a house at the moment.

1st thing 1st, whichever it is i decide on, the cars got a date with the mech to do a through check and servicing + replacement of essentials such as petrol filter, ATF filter, gaskets if needed, etc... for the first round of repairs am budgeting to spend between 5-10k depending on my luck with the car.

Got someone looking for a better interior for me already, so thats in the plans to be replaced. Will do the interior change hopefully by myself with some help on the seat wiring. Plug and play for me still ok.

Am looking at most likely hitting about 20k for the fixes earlier and replacing all the small items such as clips, door actuators, power window motors, alternator, aircond compressor, and the plastic covers in the engine bay which may have broken.

New interior, sound system, etc.... considered itchy budget and not vital at the moment will be prioritizing which need to be done 1st.

House... car... everything adds up man... plus i've driven my car for too long.

You know what they say.... you gotta dress up for the job you want, not the job you have. ;)

Update:

Got my mech to check and found out that the car has been in an accident before. Rear panel and boot lid has been replaced before, there may be a small leak where the panel was fixed from some wet dirt in the side panel (usually where the CD changer located), alternator not charging properly, engine idles a little on the rough side, gearbox seems ok.

Don't think i'll be getting this unit unless the dealer agrees to my price in mind. Hahahahaha... anyway the search goes on.

insomniac;552265 said:
Hie guys,

Am currently shopping around for a 528i and came across this one.
It's a '97 model with bodykit, rims, M-Sport steering. From the pics it looks like it would need some work to get in top condition.

WJS2283.jpg

WJS2283-01.jpg
]

WJS2283-02.jpg

Going to see this tomorrow during lunch and was wondering if anyone has any information about this car. Any information would be much appreciated.

Am a NOOB to BMW ownership but i've previously owned a Alfa 155 which was as temperamental as alot of girls i know... and don't want to get a new ride which will make my mechanic my best friend. ;)

Looking forward to any replies. Thanks guys.

Cheers.

Hi Insomniac,
You got contact no.
my frends want to let go his ride withL following spec
E39 Year 97, 528I with Hiop exhaust manifold, 18" AC Rim,Sach Sport suspension kits, Front upper and lower strut, M5 front & Rear Anti Roll Bar, Rear strut, M5 Body Kits with hammann spliter & roof, window tinted,M5 steering.2 electric seat and M-Sport exchaust.
Price: RM 52K only.
view to appreacite.

ShanghaiRed: You should call the guy as i've decided to pass on this unit. Have viewed it but not what i'm looking for.

Top Bottom