Increase Battery discharged E60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Eiffel

My E60 occasionally occur increased battery discharged msg.

My battery is 2 years old. After mechanic check, the battery and alternator is charging good. What should I do... is the IBS cable got problem?

Electrical leak cud be frm anything and if you hv a PnP unit in the car, hv it check..
If not, try checking the.cables to and frm the battery .m

Hi President,

May i know what u mean by PNP unit? Because after replacing the battery, my new battery left 60% after a month.

Thanks.

I think he meant did u installed aftermarket equipments like an amp, new speakers, monitor etc...... sometimes its also caused by a usb/charging cable that u plug into the ciggy lighter.

I think he meant did u installed aftermarket equipments like an amp, new speakers, monitor etc...... sometimes its also caused by a usb/charging cable that u plug into the ciggy lighter.
nope, but my cd changer keep in and out...

Hi President,

May i know what u mean by PNP unit? Because after replacing the battery, my new battery left 60% after a month.

Thanks.
Hi Eiffel,
Did you reset the battery computer when you change your battery. Could be the reason why its charging to only 60%

It is because electrical leakage....they have fixed it.

My car battery is 846 CCA, is it normal?

It is because electrical leakage....they have fixed it.

My car battery is 846 CCA, is it normal?

Hey Eiffel, I know this is a very old post, but I'm having the same issue of electrical leakage which just happened for no apparent reason. Mech replaced the engine ECU but problem happened again.
what was the cause of your electrical leakage and how was it fixed?

cheers and be Safe!

Hey Eiffel, I know this is a very old post, but I'm having the same issue of electrical leakage which just happened for no apparent reason. Mech replaced the engine ECU but problem happened again.

cheers and be Safe!

hi bro, mine fix once replace my thermostat and coolant pump. (Bluegreen fix it eventually)

cheers and be Safe!

Morning all,
I had this issue too. Especially car is not being driven once 1 week during this MCO or CMCO period. Then i managed to found the culprit. It was due to my bluetooth dongle which connected to my phone for spotify streaming. The dongle should be off by itself if there is no bluetooth connection or activity. But it just consume the energy from line-in input . Anyway after i unplug it out. It is fine. Weird do. Luckily it is ok now.

Top Bottom