If You Follow BMW Service Recomendation...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
this pictures are really disturbing.. im having sleepless nights viewing these.. im changing my oil change philosophy from 10k to 7k:top:

Walauweiii.....speachless...I was told by my mech that nowadays even BMW service policy is up to 25k km to service, lots of owner will still do the service outside to change the engine oil but NOT the oil filter. The oil filter will be changed during the service at auto bavaria service centre. This is to avoid the warranty void by the service centre. In oversea they can do service at 25k km because the country cold but not us Asia because our country hot..cheers...

Seriously, has this ever happened to other makes?

It seems very hard to believe, its like its never been serviced at all, with leaks all over the cylinders?

My car at kampung has been stationary for 13 months now.. so afraid that the engine internals may start to look like this.

My retired mom doesn't want to use the car, she prefers her small car for errands. So it hasn't been started in over a year.

masCh;780011 said:
Seriously, has this ever happened to other makes?

It seems very hard to believe, its like its never been serviced at all, with leaks all over the cylinders?

My car at kampung has been stationary for 13 months now.. so afraid that the engine internals may start to look like this.

My retired mom doesn't want to use the car, she prefers her small car for errands. So it hasn't been started in over a year.

Long time no see Bro, hope u are all good

Aidil bro! Long time no see! Yeah, I've been away.. actually for over a year now.. musafir di negeri orang.. hehe

How's it going? Whatcha up to? How's your car computer project? I assume you got OBDII access now? How about tires, side mirrors or car tracking via gps? or perhaps mileage graph log? Hehe I know what I'd like to do if I still have my car with me =/ so rindu..

anxious;547962 said:
Buying a good used 4-5 year old E60/E90 is going to be quite a challenge as most owners had religiously followed BMW's 25k km service interval. Most engine would be on the verge of suffering a similar fate as the car in the pictures above.

Even aftyer BMW Msia issued its service advise last year ie to service at 10k km at ur own cost, most owners may have ignored this advise due to the expensive long life oil change. So those of u guys who are buying second hand nwer BMWs....beware of engine oil GUNK!

I came across anor e60 at chu seng's garage with a similar problem and having the engine overhauled for rm10k. Apaarently new engine costs rm48k.

So guys, pls start changing your oil every 10k km regardlesss!

My previous W203 encountered this problem before. Warranty still valid at that time so C&C filed a claim against MBM for me. Total cost about RM 24k. MBM sent an engineer from Germany to investigate the cause but there was no reply on the result.

I have seen this problem in BP..the engine was overhauled, and the cost was 14k. He also followed the BMW recommendations....but since then, he changes the engine oil every 5k km...

Top Bottom