If You Follow BMW Service Recomendation...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alipon@bmw

Club Guest
*********I have changed the title from "If You Follow AB Service Recomendation..." to ""If You Follow BMW Service Recomendation..." because its misleading, it wasn't AB's fault so its unfair to AB.astroboyModerator*********You are F#@$ and screw....Saw this in my mech place during my Vanos seal replacement...It is from a year 2005 E60 525. Owner is a lady and follow strictly to 25k service interval, she said if don't follow warranty void woh.... After 5 years the warranty expired, engine also expired and the owner almost expired when she heard the cost of repairing it...
28052010010.jpg
28052010011.jpg
28052010012.jpg
28052010013.jpg
28052010014.jpg
28052010015.jpg
28052010016.jpg
28052010022.jpg

My heart goes out to the owner. Hope AB does something bout this.

I wonder how the lady or her husband/boyfriend could have failed to notice the tell tail sign of such a serious problem coming. Surely the engine would have felt very heavy and not smooth. Engine would have sounded very coarse and different. Should consider taking up legal action or at least highlight the matter in the press.

Is that sludge as a result of changing the engine oil every 25,000km? That looks really bad. How much would it cost to rectify the problem? How are they going to clean that up?

am used to working with jap engines, but i am yet to see anything like this. AB WTF?

Change your oil every 5K and you can't go wrong.

ha ha ha ...funny lorrr to see this pictures .... as i've seen someone talking to me telling me that BMW no need to spend much as only send in for service after 25K ..i looked at him and just smile ...

thanks GOD the owner is still alive as it might had just cooked them in the car by catching FIRE ....

astroboy;527383 said:
This engine will not feel cold in the winter.. :p :D

hahaha....i think its a new policy from BMW la. they calculated for the engine to expire after 5 years. so the owner can buy a new engine and worry free driving for next 5 years. You see the old cars, after 400k km's, engine still going strong. how to make money like this.....:rock:

I think we should set the record straight before more bickering on AB goes on despite their already bad reputation.. :p :D

AB is just a dealer for BMW Malaysia and no matter which dealer u buy your BMW from, be it Sapura, Cartrade, Quill, Ingress, etc, they have to 'professionally' tell you to stick to the On-Board computer recommendation on oil change, because BMW Malaysia said so, the salesmen makan gaji what!

I felt its unfair to AB if you just blame AB on this sludge issue. And in fact the sludge is caused by the high humidity and high sulfur content in petrol here. 25k km oil change seems possible in Europe without serious sludge issue. That's the reason why BMW Malaysia uses the same recommendation.

You should consider blaming yourself for living in a high humid country and blame Malaysia for the inferior qualify fuel for quality price.. :eek:

Lesson learned here is do not stretch your oil change interval beyond 10k km (fully synthetic), 7k km (semi synthetic), 5k km (mineral).

My first official oil change was more than a year since the car roll out of show room. I contacted BMW Malaysia on the oil change requirement since my OBC hasn't trigger oil change and my oil is more than 12 months old due to minimal car usage. BMW Malaysia just tai-chi and ask me to refer to SC. When I contacted SC, SC just tai-chi again and say if no directive from BMW Malaysia, they can't claim BSRI oil change from my car, thus I must pay for the oil change, despite car under BSRI 3 years/60k km coverage. It was then slightly over 1 year, mileage less than 20k km..

.. and the best part is in US, there was a service bulletin released to all the SC to inform customer to bring low mileage car in for oil change when hit 12 months of usage despite low mileage. I quoted the bulletin reference number to BMW Malaysia, yet! BMW Malaysia buat tak tau.. :(

sachseelan;527577 said:
And i still wonder why, classifieds keep boasting - "Lady Owner" ????

This boast is actually a mistake because most lady driver's driving style is accelerate-and-stop-accelerate-and-stop-accelerate-and-stop... even if it's over a 1km distance. This causes more wear and tear on the car.

People selling cars should advertise - "Grandfather/Grandmother Owner. Car has never been driven over 60km/h and revved over 3K."

Salut

sachseelan;527577 said:
And i still wonder why, classifieds keep boasting - "Lady Owner" ????

high re-sale value ....the new way to to sell cars faster .... as many will think that lady owners are slow moo ....

well if you want to have the car with good pristine interior and smell like flowers than 'lady owner' ftw! other than that, u'll get a major nightmare after buying it.

ICEMAN 13;527608 said:
high re-sale value ....the new way to to sell cars faster .... as many will think that lady owners are slow moo ....

Not the lady drivers I meet on the road in Kuching. From my observation, the bigger the car, the more aggressive the lady drives.

Salut

astroboy;527555 said:
Lesson learned here is do not stretch your oil change interval beyond 10k km (fully synthetic), 7k km (semi synthetic), 5k km (mineral).

My first official oil change was more than a year since the car roll out of show room. I contacted BMW Malaysia on the oil change requirement since my OBC hasn't trigger oil change and my oil is more than 12 months old due to minimal car usage. BMW Malaysia just tai-chi and ask me to refer to SC. When I contacted SC, SC just tai-chi again and say if no directive from BMW Malaysia, they can't claim BSRI oil change from my car, thus I must pay for the oil change, despite car under BSRI 3 years/60k km coverage. It was then slightly over 1 year, mileage less than 20k km..

.. and the best part is in US, there was a service bulletin released to all the SC to inform customer to bring low mileage car in for oil change when hit 12 months of usage despite low mileage. I quoted the bulletin reference number to BMW Malaysia, yet! BMW Malaysia buat tak tau.. :(

The computer in my 320d states service interval at 15000 km. When I sent my car for the rear LED problem, it was around 10 000 km and the service adviser recommended me to do the first free service as well. Apparently when they slot your car key in their service computer, it will give a better estimation of when the service is supposed to be done. So I got my first free service at 10,000 km. May just pop in at the service center at 20,000 km to check with them what the key is actually recommending :wink:

so, what is the recommend service interval for our 320d? Same as petrol enginee, every 10km for fully synthetic?

This sludge thingy is getting out of hand in Bolehland nowadays, kinda pity the next owner...

cklein;527736 said:
so, what is the recommend service interval for our 320d? Same as petrol enginee, every 10km for fully synthetic?

Its between 10k km to 15k km. The computer is supposed to adjust the service interval according to our driving style and driving condition but I have never seen this happen.:dontknow:

Top Bottom